The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
For my blog ? What I can do with this kind of photo ???

Organize the kind of contest you seem to love : "which is the one who has the biggest?"

Well ...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2392 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I just got something REALLY great. Wondering if any of you know about it. The title of the trick is "Sawa's Walt Disney World" and it's from the series "Magic from Japan" and features the same small banner as Melting Loop and I'm a Magician.

It's a new method for the Color Vision box.

Anyone seen one before?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I don't think so, but I have read about a vision-box kind of method in a magic magazine in a Tenyo article. Could this be the same method, where the cube starts on top of the box if I remember correctly?

In any way please share it with us Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Hello Richard, the trick you speak is on the blog listed at T-63.
See you.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I had not noticed that new addition to your site Stereo. Just when you think you are making progress on completing the collection another new "impossible to find" item appears... That is what keeps it fun!

Richard if you could give Stereo a couple of more photos of it for his site that would be great to see.

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Aha - thanks Stereo. Richard, how is the method itself different from the 'normal' color vision box?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2392 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I have to have the instructions translated from Japanese, but I can tell there is a magnet inside the cube, and you receive a small plastic bag with iron filings in the box (seriously).
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1032 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On 2012-04-16 23:33, Richard Kaufman wrote:
there is a magnet inside the cube, and you receive a small plastic bag with iron filings in the box (seriously).

Whoa...now there is something you don't see everyday...very strange. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Interesting... iron fillings have been used in a number of effects over the years but first time I have heard of it used in a Color Vision type of effect.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
It's exactly the principle used with Diabolicus ... wich is color vision type effect ... no ?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1032 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Hummm interesting in both cases iron filings are used.
Have not seen that before.

I can see maybe how they could be used with the long block of Diabolicus which I do not have or know how it works but a square block with color vision would be more difficult I would think.

In either case the method is new to me but makes me think of many ways filings can be used now they have been mentioned. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Without seeing the prop I am assuming the fillings cling to the box or not to indicate an orientation of the cube. You are right Stereo sort of a "low tech" version of Diabolicus. Could be wrong but I believe the first commercial trick to use iron fillings was Robert Harbin's "Dippy Magnet".

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
That is all very interesting ... so it is a complete new trick afterall, which is perhaps why it has a unique T-number. I'd love to see a picture of the cube, box en iron fillings Smile
daddy_bone
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of daddy_bone
Just received Oh! No, Merlin's Coffer, Crystal Pyramid, The Pillars of Thor, Invisible Zone andddddddd Mystic Blackboard all brand new. Smile
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
163 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
How is Oh No! ?
Its been on my 'maybe list' it for a while..the demo looks good.
There's not much press about it.
..except The Blog, of course..which is ALWAYS my first stop when investigating possible aquisitions! Thank you stereo!
I'd love to hear some comments about this one.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think Oh No is a fun effect. A little angle sensitive but the illusion is pretty cool. One of those fun things to show friends. I am a fan of clever optical illusions so appreciate it both as a Tenyo effect and a neat optical illusion.

John
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Not my favourite, but like JM sais it's a cool litle illusion. For me it is something like Flying Carpet, not exactly a magic trick. I always explain how it works afterwards (not that it needs to be explained actually Smile ) and the spectators find it pretty cool.

Beware not to buy the Chinese knock-off, because it exists!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1909 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Oh No Asian vs. Tenyo version: http://www.maxello.com/index.php - worth the extra 11 USD trust me!

edit: ok that link doesn't work, probably because I copy/pasted after I used the search option - but type in Oh No in the search field and you'll find both.
macmac
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of macmac
I would say Oh No......to Oh No!!
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
350 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I've never felt there was anywhere the lighting would be right to make it convincing. At least The Ninja Experiment can often pass if it's below eye level.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL