The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 14:53, J M Talbot wrote:
Thanks Simon for mentioning my Trick. Felix is right that video is a poor example of performing the effect... although the kid is cute doing it. Mark Mason has a video of his performance which is great. I have sold 1000's of that effect over the years. Very commercial and easy to do. Unfortunately I do not sell them myself anymore (although I would make a special one as Simon mentioned above <g>) but many dealers carry it. I am now putting the finishing touches on version 2.

A few of you have my "Bic-O-Vison" which is a more Tenyo like effect.

Simon also has a number of commercial effects including a killer mentalism effect called "Oraculum". I would encourage you to reach out to him for more details on that and a few other effects he has.

Cheers,

John

Today I received a package in my letter-box and inside I found a gift from John, He offered me the magic Bic-O-Vision. It made me enormously happy. After having to experience the routine I have to say it's a great effect, and incomprehensible that mixes a lot of awesome ideas. The boxes, the little Bulb, the pen, all is perfect. I think this trick would have all the qualities to become a Tenyo, also have you thought about propose your idea to Tenyo?
I bought a few weeks ago around "ACME Portable Hole" and I am very happy too. Both tricks are great. And I think it's great to know the person who manage to invent magic tricks like you or like Nicolino and his Mati Enveloppe. And it's nice to support them. Thank you again. I can not wait to discover your next creations.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The problem with Oh No! is not that the illusion of the finger having been cut is poor. It looks great. The problem is that there is NO effective illusion of actually cutting the finger with the plastic scissors attached to the apparatus. It's the same problem with Credit Card Slasher. The illusion of the cut credit card looks very good, but the silly plastic "tool" that you are giving for the cutting just isn't remotely convincing. Because of the way the plastic props are constructed, I'm not sure that the problem can be solved in either trick, but the final illusion is a good one for both (if that's any consolation).
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I have not heard of Bic-O-Vision I will have to check into this now before I fall into a ACME Portable Hole. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I can't wait for Portable Hole 2 Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On 2012-04-28 10:52, simcoscor wrote:
I can't wait for Portable Hole 2 Smile

You and me both!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Stereo thank you for your kind remarks. I am amazed the package arrived that quickly in France from Canada. Am pleased that you have enjoyed the effects. Bic-O-Vision is a bit of a collectable as I produced less than 200 of them... it is quite involved to make. I agree it is a collection of off beat methods for sure.

Cheers,

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Anybody get anything "cool" lately? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL