The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 150th Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
I rarely post here at the Café. I do lurk every now and then and pick up a few interesting thoughts from the many talented minds that converge here in the green place.

Currently we will hit our 150th public show at the downtown Indianapolis Hilton Hotel. I wanted to take a moment to thank the many magicians and mentalists that have made the trip to see our show. We were surprised and gratified to see Jon Riggs, Jeff McBride, and Christopher Carter make surprise visits along with many others. Someone even made a post about it:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=75&3

We are currently going strong, with a some hard work and a little luck we will hit 200 shows later this year. If you do come out to the show please let us know so we can sit and talk a bit when you are in town.

Also for those that aren't aware, I write a mentalism column for MUM magazine and will be performing 45 minutes of our act at the SAM convention in Las Vegas. Please Stop by and say Hello.

Thanks once again.
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Congrats....that is a very nice milestone.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Congratulations! Glad to hear you are still going strong. Next time I'm back in the area, your show is on top of my list. Sorry I missed you before the holidays. Keep up the great work.
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Thanks Bryn and Mindpro.

Bryn, I have your work and it is a very enjoyable read. As a former 1SG in the Army, take care and keep your @ss down.

Mindpro, let me know when you're back in town.

Everyone else: I did have an inquiry... my show is one of the few running full mentalism shows in the country. The show runs a full hour and a half. With the help of a few trusted friends and stage directors we have had put together a really fun and intriguing show. We have been surprised to see many laymen come back more than once to experience the show. We view this as high praise.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
That's quite an achievement in this field. It is one thing to book an exclusive gig at a fine hotel...but it's even better to know that resort wants to keep you inside their doors. It's been obvious for some time now that your client loves you two as much as their guests do (and that's the name of the game, isn't it).

Congratulations, C&K. Looking forward to your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
That is a wonderful achievement.

Congratulations.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Thanks Mick!

Just a teaser for everyone . . . but Mick will have an article about him in a magic magazine this year detailing his work at the Disney Resort. It will make for some fantastic reading.

David, thanks for the congrats. Look forward to meeting you sometime in the future.

Interestingly, What I have found to be the most challenging aspects of running an hour and half mentalism theater show . . . is not what I thought it would be when I started this. There were many surprises.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
A much deserved congrats to you both!

I would love to make it through Indy to see you and Kat work.

A classy venue for a classy act.

D.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Congratulations! If I get to Indianapolis I will make it a priority to catch your show!

Best-

Bob
n8magic
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of n8magic
My girlfriend and I live in Champaign IL at the moment, not too far away. After seeing this thread we are definitely going to make a trip out there!
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Finally staying in one place? My goodness!

Have you ever figured out how many miles you traveled while building your national reputation after leaving Tucson?

Congratulations on your life goals and progress toward them. You and Kat have worked hard to develop style and a niche since your stay down here.

The closest I have been to your environs recently has been Columbus, OH to see my eldest get his doctorate -- but I wold sure like to see your current show -- and know it is ALWAYS a work in progress. That's the fun and juice of it.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Don Theo...good to hear from you. Are you still in Hawaii?

Bob would be great to see you once again.

N8magic... love to see you come out.

Chmara.. It has been a long time. Hope things are going well for you. Might make it out to Tucson in the next year. I'll keep you posted.

Just got back from the show tonight. Had a great time. Audiences are bunches of individual people that come together to form a whole new organism for the brief time that they watch your show. Each organism has a different personality and makes for a different show. What Fun.
durian-red
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of durian-red
Christian & Katalina,

Unfortunately I have not seen your Indianapolis show. But I have seen the two you in action at Mindvention 2009. And was I impressed !

I salute you, I salute your success. You deserve all the accolades you receive and more. You have developed a unique performing style of your own. I just love your high energy persona, the bellyful of laffs that you consistently invoke, the delightful chemistry between the two of you & the (jaw dropping) amazement that you deliver. No wonder you have successfully hit the 150 show mark and are racing towards 200.

All the best for your continuing success !

Pradip
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
C&K,

Sandra and I are planning to see your show at the SAM Convention this summer, then we are going to Indy this fall. I miss you guys!

Bill
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Durian-red: Thanks very much for the kudos. My wife and I plan on attending Mindvention again this year if possible. It is still a long way off..but we had a blast the year we attended.

CSMTREE: Can't wait to see you once again. We have so much to talk about and catch up on. And a very interesting thing...well, we'll talk about that in July.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10604 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
That would be great. Don't forget the date has changed, it now in November this year.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » 150th Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL