The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » $100 bill switch: why the heck would anyone fold a bill into 16ths?? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cipher
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Cipher
You could always present it under the premise of pressure (i.e. just as coal under pressure turns into a diamond, you want to see if you can do it with other objects). This presentation would justify folding the bill very small, and then squeezing it in your closed hand (you could even transition this into coin magic using the same presentation).
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
325 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
I've always used the pretense of showing and teaching the first trick I ever learned as a child. Fold dollar up unfold with one of the moves opposite so George ends up upside down. Then go on with the standard switch routine. Alan mentions it above. Michael Ammar also describes it thus
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
Instead of worrying about justifying the folding of the bill...just go out and perform the effect. If enough spectators ask why you need to fold the bill into 16ths then you know you better find another trick to perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » $100 bill switch: why the heck would anyone fold a bill into 16ths?? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL