The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri gellar: in confidence (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 13:16, nimrod wrote:

p.s. By the way Uri doesn't believe in his crystals (and I know that for a fact)...


Unless Uri Geller personally told you the above, you don't know it for a fact. Maybe you just misunderstand the meaning of the words 'fact' and 'fraud'?

best,
Sean
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I am not aware of the story of Uri telling someone he could find their missing son. If that is true, I would find that crosses a line.

However, I would urge caution on these types of stories. One hypnotist I greatly respect tells a wonderful story on his website of using his powers to rescue a kidnapped boy. It is all pure hokum and adds wonderfully to his legend. But it never happened. So no-one conned in any real sense.

Perhaps someone could enlighten us about Uri and the kidnapped boy.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2707 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein






FACEBOOK
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1594 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Uri was part of the English football team's effort to try and win the Euro Championship('96 I think). Alas, not even Geller & all his bravado could make it possible for an English football team to win any meaningful tournament! Smile

By that stage though, the media were not taking Uri, or, the English football team serious anymore! Smile

I'm quite sure he could care less at that stage of his career. He had achieved his ambition of fame & fortune, where many before/after him had failed.....
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Thanks, Derek.
I agree that is stepping over an ethical line.
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
After reading those stories very carefully I take a different view. I think Uri was demonstrating what a fine human being he was by getting involved in that. It should be noted that he offered $50,000 of his own money for information. He wasn't doing any harm and he was probably doing some good in giving the family hope. It should also be noted that Malcom Rifkind the UK Foreign Secretary gave his full approval for Uri's actions.

It should also be noted that Uri now is a different person from the Uri of old. We all evolve in time and Uri is no exception. He was in his mid twenties at the height of his fame. We have all done things in our mid twenties that we wouldn't do now.

Sorry. I am not convinced he is the devil incarnate. I get a vibe of a caring human being.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 13:58, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 13:16, nimrod wrote:

p.s. By the way Uri doesn't believe in his crystals (and I know that for a fact)...


Unless Uri Geller personally told you the above, you don't know it for a fact. Maybe you just misunderstand the meaning of the words 'fact' and 'fraud'?

best,
Sean


He was in Israel 5 years ago for the shooting of his TV format and he opened up to some of the mentalists here. He knows exactly what's he doing. Again, this guy is smart. very smart.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I guess that would be the last time he "opens up" to blabbermouths.
:eek:
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 17:20, visionquest wrote:
Sorry. I am not convinced he is the devil incarnate. I get a vibe of a caring human being.

I get the same vibe. But in the business we are in, especially his position in it, there are lines that become blurred. The crystals are a bit of fun. The hostage story makes me uneasy in some ways. Though even at its worse interpretation it does not make him a Colin Fry or Sally Morgan.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
*Geller*

Not Gellar.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 18:18, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 17:20, visionquest wrote:
Sorry. I am not convinced he is the devil incarnate. I get a vibe of a caring human being.

I get the same vibe. But in the business we are in, especially his position in it, there are lines that become blurred. The crystals are a bit of fun. The hostage story makes me uneasy in some ways. Though even at its worse interpretation it does not make him a Colin Fry or Sally Morgan.


I agree. He is a very nice person. He just crosses the line from time to time.
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
And so do you. And so do I. And so does everyone on this earth.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 06:58, visionquest wrote:
And so do you. And so do I. And so does everyone on this earth.


And so does some Madoff. What's your point?
We all cross lines from time to time. But there are lines and there are lines.
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
My point is that Geller's lines are not a big deal. Yours and mine may be. Judge not that ye be not judged. He who is without sin cast the first stone.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Throw in another quote, maybe it will help to disguise the fact that you have no problem with a person who say to a hostage's family he can use his powers to release their son.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18808 Posts

Profile of IAIN
So we can either agree with you, or be wrong?

and I do kinda agree with you - however...if it raised the profile of the case, got more people "out there" helping and paying attention...it was worth it...

I think Uri must be aware of his own karma as it were, trying to balance it out - with all the crystals, and oil finding via pendulum...we have to balance it out with the money he raises for charities/good causes...

even within certain therapies, its seen as ok to tell a lie if it gets the metaphor/point across to the person you are trying to help...
I've asked to be banned
Magicus
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Magicus
Quote:
On 2012-04-03 16:50, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Uri was part of the English football team's effort to try and win the Euro Championship('96 I think).


Psychic work related to sporting events has a tremendous drain on the energy of the soul. I mean, it killed that poor octopus that predicted wins for the World Cup!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
A Quote from the mother of one of the hostages:

"We think it's great that he wants to help, although he stressed he cannot work miracles."
"We are only too happy to take on board what he's doing - it cannot do any harm and, who knows, we may gain something from it."

I would wager that people all over the world were praying for the release of those hostages and my question for Nimrod is this... How is what Uri did any different?

best
Sean
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Sean Giles and all the others who think Uri did nothing wrong: where do you draw the line? (third time I'm asking it)
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 09:29, nimrod wrote:
Sean Giles and all the others who think Uri did nothing wrong: where do you draw the line? (third time I'm asking it)


You seem to make a lot of assumptions. I would need a lot more information to determine whether he did anything wrong. It's just an interesting discussion for me. What are your thoughts on the question I asked you above?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri gellar: in confidence (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL