The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri gellar: in confidence (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
I would draw the line if Uri asked money from the relatives and guaranteed that if they did so he would get the hostages back. But he didn't do that and in fact offered his OWN money up as a reward for information. Nope. I have no problem with him and never have had even in the days when he was at the height of his activity.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 09:33, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 09:29, nimrod wrote:
Sean Giles and all the others who think Uri did nothing wrong: where do you draw the line? (third time I'm asking it)

You seem to make a lot of assumptions. I would need a lot more information to determine whether he did anything wrong. It's just an interesting discussion for me. What are your thoughts on the question I asked you above?

If I would really believed Uri tried to help them, or even just give them hope, I could live with that. But Uri just needs his lines in the next morning newspaper. He did the same here in Israel during his TV shows 5 years ago. Yeh ,he gives them hope like every charlatan does, and he collect his payment with newspaper headlines.
It's important to say: He does nothing illegal. I just despise the way he choose to get his fame and fortune.
And visionquest, is asking money is the problem? So I guess you have quiet a problem with Geller healing crystals that he makes a fortune with. Or don't you? and what about Geller getting paid 6 figures for finding gold?
We all cross lines this way or another, because we delude our audience. But as I said, there are lines and there are lines. GETTING PAID for helping the investigation of a kidnapped model (who found out dead by the way) is a line I would never cross and something I think should be condemned.
This is only my opinion. It doesn't mean I'm right and you are wrong.

Nimrod , Israel
granterg
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of granterg
According to visionquest, Uri Geller frequently visits the Café.

And so, Mr. Geller, if you are reading this post, I would like to say hello.

You are a legend and it would be an honor to meet you, perhaps, one day.

granterg
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I'll tell you a story about my experience with one of Uri's crystals.

I wasn't feeling well and went to the doc. He gave me a bunch of tests and told me to wait. A while later he came back and said,"I think I know what is wrong". I said, "What is it, Doc?".

He said, "You got gonorrhea, diarrhea, and pyorrhea. You got callouses, cavities and constipation. You got bald spots, brain damage, and broken bones. You got aids and cancer. You have horrible BO and let's not even start about your breath. We will get you a private room in the hospital and put you on a diet of wheat pancakes".

I said, "Will that cure me Doc?".

He said, "No, but it is the only food we got that will slide under the door".

I didn't like the sound of that so I got a crystal from Uri.

I'm much better now.
maxpax
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
120 Posts

Profile of maxpax
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 12:03, mota wrote:
I'll tell you a story about my experience with one of Uri's crystals.

I wasn't feeling well and went to the doc. He gave me a bunch of tests and told me to wait. A while later he came back and said,"I think I know what is wrong". I said, "What is it, Doc?".

He said, "You got gonorrhea, diarrhea, and pyorrhea. You got callouses, cavities and constipation. You got bald spots, brain damage, and broken bones. You got aids and cancer. You have horrible BO and let's not even start about your breath. We will get you a private room in the hospital and put you on a diet of wheat pancakes".

I said, "Will that cure me Doc?".

He said, "No, but it is the only food we got that will slide under the door".

I didn't like the sound of that so I got a crystal from Uri.

I'm much better now.

Did you get liquid through one of those REEEEALLY long straws that went from outside of the room, under the door, across the room and into your mouth? Those are both practical and hilarious!
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
I always find it interesting that it is Uri's fellow countrymen who are the most vociferous against him. I don't know if this is jealousy or just historic animosity. Israelis just don't seem to like him.

As for my views on taking money for crystals I must say that Nimrod made me laugh out loud. Or getting paid 6 figures for finding gold. He obviously doesn't know me very well. If he thinks that Uri is unscrupulous God alone knows what he would think of me!!!!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5731 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
If you despise Uri, you must then despise priests and shamans.

If you cannot see why... Well...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 15:10, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

I don't despise Uri. I admire him.
But I do despise priests and shamans.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 15:10, Pakar Ilusi wrote:

I don't understand your logic. Please read again my posts.
Uri lies and he knows it. If a priest doesn't believe in his god/s and does what he does just for the money in it I'll despise him too. Most religious people believe in what they do and aren't intentionally lying. I don't have to agree with them but I don't consider them as charlatans.
If you are going to say "yes, but we also lie.." please read again my posts, but just in case you won't understand again: I would never say to someone I can find his kidnapped daughter and ask money for it. This is just wrong.
And if you still cannot see why... well..

Nimrod , Israel
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Kinesis, you know I am very fond of you, but you said about Uri trying to help find somebody's missing son - in actual fact THIS is the report: "An Israeli Uri Geller, whose help has been sought by the families of the hostages, also announced an award of $50,000 on April 28, 1997, for information leading to the release of the hostages. The offer was made in an open letter. Besides announcing the cash award, Geller stated that he was prepared to act as an intermediary on behalf of the kidnappers so that their case can be heard at the highest levels.

In other words, yes he said he would help - by offering $50,000 dollars for information leading to... and also offered his help as an intermediary." THAT's the Uri I know.

It is heartening to know that many of the previous "sceptics" are realising that what Uri has done is remarkable, and have accepted him in our art. He is most certainly one of the biggest inspirations in getting me into his line - and I DO hope you caught the programme, particularly at the end, when asked "Have you ever cheated?"

The man is a mentalism genius... No question. And have you seen him germinate radish seeds in the palm of somebody's hand? (he rarely does it, but he did it with my mother) Unbelievable.

Drew
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1594 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 16:53, Drewmcadam wrote:
Kinesis, you know I am very fond of you, but you said about Uri trying to help find somebody's missing son - in actual fact THIS is the report: "An Israeli Uri Geller, whose help has been sought by the families of the hostages, also announced an award of $50,000 on April 28, 1997, for information leading to the release of the hostages. The offer was made in an open letter. Besides announcing the cash award, Geller stated that he was prepared to act as an intermediary on behalf of the kidnappers so that their case can be heard at the highest levels.

In other words, yes he said he would help - by offering $50,000 dollars for information leading to... and also offered his help as an intermediary." THAT's the Uri I know.

It is heartening to know that many of the previous "sceptics" are realising that what Uri has done is remarkable, and have accepted him in our art. He is most certainly one of the biggest inspirations in getting me into his line - and I DO hope you caught the programme, particularly at the end, when asked "Have you ever cheated?"

The man is a mentalism genius... No question. And have you seen him germinate radish seeds in the palm of somebody's hand? (he rarely does it, but he did it with my mother) Unbelievable.

Drew

In this day & age of disclaimers and the like, it is easy to "poke fun" at the past masters who would have us believe that what they are
doing is real. IMO, as soon as we give in to the "google generation" - we somehow dumb down the very foundation of this beautiful art, i.e. to create mystery and leave your audience with a "sense of awe"!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3303 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
He is a really powerful person, guys, you can't believe but I still feel his energy around me, speaking with him has strong affected my way of thinking.
His carisma is extraordinary, I don't think other people can do what he has done.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 17:15, lucavolpe wrote:
He is a really powerful person, guys, you can't believe but I still feel his energy around me, speaking with him has strong affected my way of thinking.
His carisma is extraordinary, I don't think other people can do what he has done.

I agree Luca,
I will always have fond memories of flying down to Australia and working with Uri. Along with our many meetings in NYC...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
visionquest
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of visionquest
Nimrod's post referencing charlatans brings back a nostalgic memory for me. Every time I wandered into a certain magic shop the owner, Sophie Smith used to exclaim, "The charlatan's here". Naturally I have utterly no idea why she would say that.
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 17:47, RileyG wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 17:15, lucavolpe wrote:

I agree Luca,
I will always have fond memories of flying down to Australia and working with Uri. Along with our many meetings in NYC...

.... and why wasn't I informed about this prior!!?? Smile When did you come to Oz mate? Was it a lecture tour?
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
922 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
...times like this I only see fit to draw you to my video about this legend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnRXwLZztIk

enjoy.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Great clips...Geller shows why he is a star...buckets of charisma.

I really didn't need to see Uri in speedos but at least we didn't see Randi in speedos too.

Also on these clips Randi says he admires Adolf Hitler as he admires Uri Geller but doesn't like what they do. Gutsy...I didn't think anyone nowdays admits they admire Hitler in any way.

Two fiery personalities on different sides of the coin. Very entertaining clip show. Well put together. Thank you.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Rather despicable, I think, to compare Geller to Hitler.
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
922 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
Quote:
On 2012-04-06 04:59, mota wrote:
Great clips...Geller shows why he is a star...buckets of charisma.

I really didn't need to see Uri in speedos but at least we didn't see Randi in speedos too.

Also on these clips Randi says he admires Adolf Hitler as he admires Uri Geller but doesn't like what they do. Gutsy...I didn't think anyone nowdays admits they admire Hitler in any way.

Two fiery personalities on different sides of the coin. Very entertaining clip show. Well put together. Thank you.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2707 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Drew
Thank you for the updates on the Geller / Hostage thing.

Just to clarify a few things. I was unaware of the hostage thing until it was mentioned by someone else. I supplied a couple of links just for reference (there are very few to be found on the net - and it's a pain when you are surfing on an iPhone LOL) . I stated earlier I've met Uri and chatted to him at a book signing. I found him to be a very genuine and caring type of guy. Of course at any public event he's a showman, that's part of the business. As I said, I don't dislike him, more some of the things he's done in the past. But hey, none of us are perfect.

Strange, that we chatted about the seed germination thing last time we met a few weeks back. Although I've never seen it live, I know by the way you got so excited when you retold the event that this is something very special that Uri does. Uri really is a master mentalist and a very complex person with an incredible history.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Uri gellar: in confidence (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL