The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Essential Magic Conference » » Essential Magic Conference 27 - 29 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Best Magic Conference

Everyone gets a front row seat at the Essential Magic Conference, the world’s only digital conference for magic and magicians. 33 stars of magic will be presenting, performing and lecturing. See them all from the comfort of your own home. Here are five more fantastic magicians who will be appearing:

David Britland
David Britland is a television writer and consultant specializing in magic and deception. He co-created The Real Hustle and has worked on many British television shows including Secret Cabaret, Max Maven’s Mind Games and Derren Brown’s specials. He is also the author of several books on magic including Phantoms of the Card Table, Chan Canasta a Remarkable Man and The Mind & Magic of David Berglas.

Debbie McGee
Debbie McGee is the wife and stage assistant of Paul Daniels and as famous in the UK as Paul himself. “The lovely Debbie McGee” is a national catchphrase and Debbie frequently appears in the media as well as presenting her own radio show. But behind the glamour of the magician’s assistant is a secret weapon, an indispensible part of the act and deception. We are very pleased that Debbie will be sharing some of her secrets at the Essential Magic Conference.

Luis de Matos
Luis de Matos is a professional magician in Portugal and creator of Studio 33, the facility that hosts this web conference. He, along with David Britland and Marco Tempest, created The Essential Magic Conference. He has been appearing on Portuguese television since 1990, his latest series being the 13 x 1 hour show Mistérios. A truly multi-skilled and multi-talented performer, Luis is currently touring Portugal with his highly acclaimed one-man show, Chaos.

Tina Lenert
Tina Lenert is renowned for her awarding combination of magic and mime. Her famous Mopman act has taken her around the world as a professional magician and helped win her the Academy of Magical Arts Stage Magician of the Year award. Before becoming a magician she performed in a rock band, played classical guitar and worked as a street entertainer. Join us at EMC to share the wealth of experience of one of the world’s top performers, the wonderful Tina Lenert.

William Kalush
William Kalush is a lifelong student of sleight of hand and the history of magic. He is the founder of the Conjuring Arts Research Center in New York and the co-author, with Larry Sloman, of The Secret Life of Houdini. He created the Ask Alexander database, an online research facility that is surely one of the most important ideas in magic where, finally, our knowledge can be gathered, indexed and shared. Join Bill and the rest of magic’s stars at EMC.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
The Final Five!
Only a month to go before this year’s Essential Magic Conference and today we can announce the final five of our amazing Speakers. And they are:

David Berglas
Yes, the incredible David Berglas is returning to EMC. David is a true international man of mystery. Miracles are his trademark, always taking an effect beyond the limits of magic into the realm of the impossible. He is the creator of the legendary Berglas Effect, a mystery that has astonished magicians for decades.

Gene Matsuura
Gene Matsuura is famous for his extensive study of the magic of Slydini. In the 1970s they began a book project together. Slydini discussed his methods, particularly the timing, co-ordination and psychological ploys that underpinned his routines. Gene gave a wonderful talk on ‘crossing the gaze’ at our 2010 conference and has an equally intriguing presentation this year. Welcome back Gene.

Hiro Sakai
Hiro Sakai is new to EMC. He is well known in Japan and Korea where he has appeared on television many times, often in the character of ‘Dr Leon.’ He is an author and inventor and has contributed his ingenious magic to many magic magazines including The Looking Glass and Genii. Welcome Hiro Sakai.

Mike Caveney
We never know quite what to expect from Mike Caveney. In past conferences he has produced a fat chicken from an egg bag and explained one of the world’s greatest illusions. He is a performer, author and historian. A member of The Inner Magic Circle, was voted Stage Magician of the Year by the famous Magic Castle in Hollywood. Since 1979 Mike Caveney's Magic Words has published over fifty books on the history, practice and theory of magic. Expected the unexpected and Mike Caveney at EMC.

Stan Allen
Stan is another welcome returnee to EMC. He is the publisher of Magic magazine and the producer of the Magic Live convention in Las Vegas. He has a lifetime of professional experience in magic and his presentations are entertaining, informative and inspirational. You won’t want to miss him at this year’s conference. Welcome back Stan.

FOLLOW EMC

essentialmagicconference.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Teller and Derren Brown
Just confirmed. Two incredible additions to EMC. Last year David Copperfield gave us a virtual tour of his magic museum in Las Vegas. It was one of the highlights of the conference. This year Teller and Derren Brown will be joining us online in two very special sessions, broadcast live during the Essential Magic Conference 2012. Register now and join us for one of the biggest magic events of the year...

TELLER
LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS
Teller will be joining us live from Las Vegas to answer your questions. This is a unique opportunity to interview one of the most creative performers in magic, an artist and perfectionist who, with Penn Jillette, reinvented magic for a new generation. Join Teller online and learn what magic means to one of the most successful magicians in the world. As we near the conference members will be asked to submit their questions for Teller and the best will be put to him during a live interview. Do not miss!

DERREN BROWN
LIVE FROM LONDON
Derren Brown has changed the face of mentalism. Acclaimed for his television specials and theatre shows, Derren Brown redefined the art of mental magic, updating it for the 21st century and making it credible, entertaining and unbelievably popular. At EMC2012 Derren will answer your questions and share his thoughts on magic, mentalism and performance. It is a rare chance to learn from one of the UK’s most famous entertainers. Members will be invited to submit their questions prior to the conference and the best will be used during the live interview.
thecharlatan
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of thecharlatan
Oh I so want to 'attend'
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
Just registered, and really look forward to this one. Great line up!
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
I have a question, there is mentions of users submitting questions prior to conference, but I found no information about this on the webpage, how will it be done/what have I missed?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
EMC2012
CHANGES AND ADDITIONS

We have some good news and some bad news so let’s get the bad news out of the way first. The awesome Chris Kenner will not be able to be with us this year at EMC. It’s a change to the schedule that is entirely beyond anyone’s control. Sincere apologies from everyone at EMC and Chris.

However, we can reveal another two surprise guests at EMC2012… UK’s hottest television magician Dynamo and the one and only Cyril Takayama! Yes, both will be with us at EMC2012!

DYNAMO
Dynamo has been working miracles for the Watch television channel in the UK. The first series of Magician Impossible gave the channel its highest ratings ever. The second series is also currently topping Watch’s charts. Join us at EMC and spend time with the amazing Dynamo, the only magician on the planet to walk across the River Thames. It’s one of magic’s most brilliant publicity stunts. Check it out here.

CYRIL TAKAYAMA
LIVE FROM TOKYO
The incredible Cyril Takayama will be joining us live and online from Tokyo. Cyril has just finished filming his latest television magic series. It has a unique format and features some incredibly strong magic and illusions. He will be premiering an exclusive clip from the show at EMC.
Join us at EMC for an exclusive interview with Cyril Takayama, one of the world’s most creative illusionists, and gain a behind the scenes insight into the production of his latest television series.

DAVID BERGLAS
SPONSORS YOUNG MAGICIANS CLUB
We have more good news. For two years now David Berglas and the Foundation for Promoting the Art of Magic have sponsored group tickets to EMC for young magicians organisations around the world. We are delighted to announce that the FP-AM will be sponsoring young magicians clubs again this year.

THE SPONSORSHIP
This means that young magicians clubs around the world can watch our live broadcast on 27th, 28th and 29th July for free!
They will also receive an account that enables the clubs to watch all the sessions on-demand for a period of one year. If you can’t watch the conference live, you can catch up later. You can also watch favourite sessions as part of your club activities for a whole year.

YOUNG MAGICIANS CLUBS
The sponsorship applies to any club that is run exclusively for the benefit of young magicians. Many magic clubs around the world run such a club and we want to reward them for the hard work and effort they put into running these ventures. These clubs are vital stepping-stones for the next generation of magicians.

APPLYING FOR SPONSORSHIP
To apply for sponsorship please send us an email directed to David Berglas at the following email address: davidberglas@essentialmagicconference.com

This is what we want to know:
1. The name of your club together with any website address, logos, newsletters, photos or other materials. You can attach any documents you feel relevant.
2. The name and contact details of the person in charge. This person, an adult, will take responsibility for the EMC account.
3. Tell us why you think your club qualifies for sponsorship and how you feel it will benefit your members.

That’s all there is to it. Many young magicians clubs have benefitted from the FP-AM sponsorship in the past and we hope to extend this offer to as many clubs as possible this year. We look forward to hearing from you.

FOLLOW EMC

Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
IMPORTANT NEWS!

LIVE BROADCAST 21st JULY!

This Saturday, 7pm, we will be broadcasting live from Studio 33 in Portugal. This is a chance for you to preview our video and chat facilities and test your web connection. Join us here at EMC2012.

SEE THE STUDIO
The live broadcast includes the first view of this year’s EMC studio.

$3,500 PRIZE DRAW
Watch live as we choose the winner of our $3,500 prize draw.

COUNTDOWN TO LIVE BROADCAST
Visit our EMC website here.
You will find a countdown in hours and minutes to the live broadcast.

BROADCAST TIME
The live broadcast will take place at:

Portugal and UK |07: 00pm
Los Angeles |11:00 am
New York |02:00 pm
Buenos Aires |03:00 pm
Johannesburg |08:00 pm
Tokyo |03:00 am (Sunday)
Canberra |04:00 am (Sunday)

Convert our 7pm Portugal time to your local time here;
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
We look forward to your feedback. You can use the chat to talk to other members. You can ask us questions. You can test your computer and online connection. Email us here.

RECOMMENDED BROWSER
Our recommended browser is Chrome. You can download it here.

FOLLOW EMC

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
It's nice to see so many new speakers at this years EMC, as well as, more than one female performer.

My only regret is we won't get to see round two of Paul Daniels and the Buck Twins squaring off over their views regarding the internet. Smile
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
EMC2012 SCHEDULE

Yes, the EMC2012 schedule has finally arrived. The conference begins on the 27th July and the programme for the three days of events can now be downloaded here.
We’ll also be running an open event on the evening of the 26th. It’s your chance to meet the Speakers and see the studio. Just visit the EMC Website on Thursday for details.

EMC TEST SUCCESS
On Saturday we invited people to join us online and test their computer connections. We’re glad to say that the test went really well with hundreds of people joining us and taking part in the chat. If you missed the broadcast you can watch it here...

TELLER AND DERREN BROWN
On the 29th of July we will be interviewing Teller and Derren Brown as part of the EMC events. And we’ll be putting your questions to them!

Send your questions for Teller here:
teller@essentialmagicconference.com
Send your questions for Derren Brown here:
derren@essentialmagicconference.com

We’ll pick the best of the questions and put them to these two incredible performers. Tip: Questions along the lines of “How do you do your best trick?” probably won’t make it Smile .

CONGRATULATIONS RAPHAEL
During the test we held our $3,500 prize draw sponsored by Murphy's Magic Supplies. And the winner was Raphael R in Switzerland. Congratulations. You were an Early Bird registrant and your faith in EMC has been rewarded!

FOLLOW EMC

GET IT ALL FREE ON DVD!
There is still time to register before the event. If you register now you get the 8 DVD set of the conference free and posted to you anywhere in the world without charge. The DVD set goes on sale for $150 after the conference. Memberships save money. Not only can you watch the conference live and receive your DVD set but you can watch all the events online and on demand for a year. It’s the biggest bargain in magic!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I think this is my favorite line-up of speakers so far for the EMC.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I have nothing to compare with since I never attended 1210 and 1211 EMC's, but I agree with you motown it is a good line-up.
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
It may well have a different feal than before just becuase there will be more guest interviews going on. Speaking of which I wonder how many questions they're going to get for Teller and Derren Brown. I've alreadys ent mine in Smile
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Will Teller mime or actually speak Smile
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
Hopfully both:) it will be interwasting to hear how he thinks mime has shaped his act Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Teller will be a great guest. Very insightful. I had a nice conversation with him several years ago,
when he and Penn came by our offices. They were intown doing their show at the time.

Looking forward to Tom Stone, among others.
– Karl Germain
Ikswonilak
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Ikswonilak
I've had the pleasure of watching both 2010 and 2011 as recorded conferences. They were simply amazing in their breadth and depth. The variety of speakers is amazing and, as a relatively new magician, provides a great intro into a wide array of performers, historical perspectives, performance philosophies, and much more. This year looks to be much more of the same! I hope to be able to catch some of it live, but even if not, the DVD collection is a wonderful resource.

Ikswonilak
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I'm looking forward to see Dani DaOrtiz, Woody Aragon, and my favourite David Williamson,
riju1985
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of riju1985
I am eagerly waiting for
TELLER
DANI DA ORTIZ
Listen to PAUL DANIELS
PAUL Harris

YANN FRISCH
TOPAS
ERIC MEAD
MAX MAVEN
BILL MALONE
TOM STONE
DAVID WILLIAMSON

THIS must be HUGE MAN!!!!!
Hoping to have a gr8 weekend!!!!!!
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
I cannot wait. I want to watch everything live and then watch it again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Essential Magic Conference » » Essential Magic Conference 27 - 29 2012 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL