The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What routine you use.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidSak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of DavidSak
I am sorry if this question has been asked, I haven't seen it. I am wondering what is the order of magic tricks people present for street magic with cards. For example, what is a good icebreaker and how do you finish your presentation? I'm wondering what is a good consecutive order of performances..
Erick Elektrik
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Erick Elektrik
I thing you should start with a killer trick like the invisible deck and after that some tricks with a regular deck so people can touch and mix the cards and they'l thing that the first trick have been done with a regular deck. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
To me what I do is almost always start off with "Red Hot Mamma" (The Chicago Opener), or a version of Bill Malone's "My Favorite Opener", which is essentially the same thing, where a card changes while it's between a person's palms. Good closers
are "MacDonald's Aces", and Stewart James's trick entitled "Further than Than". For in the middle tricks I like to a card to wallet, and a version of Gary Kurtz's trick "remeber and Forget", it uses 5 spectators, so it has good audience involvement. One thing I should mention is a lot of times after doing a card to wallet, I'll jump into a ambitious card routine with their card, ending it by giving the person their card as a souveneir. I know a lot of people do it the opposite the A.C. card trick, then ending by having it wind up in the wallet which I actually like a lot, but just haven't done it that way yet, but I will. Here is a good list of a set I'll do a lot. Please remeber (only if its your style) to add a couple of non-card tricks too.

1. Red Hot Mamma
2. Cutting Tens
3. My Poker Demonstration
4. Remember and Forget
5. Some "mentalism" card trick.

For closers, my options are :

5. Further Than That (Thats a more rare ending though).
6. A Cards to Wallet, ending with A.C.
7. MacDonald's Aces (Which I end with the most). If I end with MacDonald's Aces, I'll be sure to do my A.C. routine, with a card to wallet in the middle of the set somewhere.

Great non-card items to inter-perse with these card tricks are, Scotch and Soda, Cut'n'Restored rope, and a thumbcuff escape, which I'll also a lot of times add a pair of "jumpcuffs" too, and I escape under a bandana, after a bit of comedic by-play of like shaking hands with someone, or scatching my head only to be found bound again. I only do the comedic by-play if I'm just doing the thumbcuffs only. Well I hope this helps a little bit. Good Luck, Ed, (Eddini). Smile Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
DavidSak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of DavidSak
I am looking to develop my routine with only one ungaffed deck. So no invisible deck for me. Obviously I will have the ambitious card routine integrated in there but my question is what is a good ice breaker? Eddini, are you referring to red hot mammacita on penguin magic? that involves more than one deck.. thanks
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I have my own little version, but it's loosely based on the Ammar volume 1 tape, of "Easy To Master Card Miracles". As far as a strictly ungaffed trick, Bill Malone's "My Favorite Opener" is good. My own version is I have them pull out 1 card. The card is lost in the deck. I then tell them I'll attemp to cut there card to the top. I turn over the top card saying "and there you have it the "whatever the card is". Obviously its the wrong card. I then put the card between there palms. I'll then riffle the deck above their hands asking "did you see it happen"? They'll most likely say no. I'll then ask "what was your card"? They'll name it, and I'll say "well you won't believe this but open your hands, and turn the card over", and lo, and behold it's their card. I'll then add "Not only that, do you remember the card I just put in your have a second ago"? They'll say yes. You then say "well check this out", you now spread the deck face down and show one card being face up, the card that was previously (the wrong card) in their hands a second ago. Another opener which is basically the same trick, I'll do for two people is, they'll both select 1 card each. I then mix both cards in the deck. I'll find one card and have that person hold it. I'll then say to the other person "I'll now find your card". I then snap my fingers above the deck, and then spread the deck face down showing a tranposition between the two people's cards. Its all basically the same theme. Good Luck, Ed, (Eddini). Smile Smile Smile
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2949 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I believe that if you want to be an original performer you should find your own way in this regard. It's a good question, and I could give you a few ideas, but those would be good ideas for me or my style of performance and may not necessarily be for you. So I say, put the time and work into coming up with your own unique openers and closers. It'll be worth it.

:comply:
DavidSak
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of DavidSak
Eddini, which DVD of Malone's is the favorite opener on?
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2003-09-30 18:36, ALEXANDRE wrote:
I believe that if you want to be an original performer you should find your own way in this regard. It's a good question, and I could give you a few ideas, but those would be good ideas for me or my style of performance and may not necessarily be for you. So I say, put the time and work into coming up with your own unique openers and closers. It'll be worth it.

http://www.EyesandMinds.com Smile

This is very good advice right here too. As far as the Malone tapes it's on volume #2. As far as good Ace Assemblies with a normal deck, check out Darwin Ortiz' "Jazz Aces" on his tape "Back At The Card Table" volume #2, or in Ammar's "Easy To Master Card Miracles" volume #3. Another very good Ace Assembly is David Regal's "Down Under Production" on his tape volume #3. David's ending is quite a shocker at the end. I hope this helps, Ed, (Eddini). Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What routine you use.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL