The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » CTW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Ok folks yes I know proberly been done to death but as I have had some intresting feed back on the Haunted Deck thread ,thought I would chuck this one out there ,any new stuff on the market regarding card through window routines. I have CTW by David Forrest ,which I have made up ,the you know what,just hav nt got round or had the ideal chance to perform it,its a little fiddly to me ,don t like really using stooges, altho a couple of tricks I have done I have and I am aware of the ways this certain performance can be done,David Stone's work looks pretty good ,pricey and seen a few more,just got me wondering,so there you go ,Ive chucked it out there,whats the best of the bunch and the most easiest to perform?
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
David Stone's is not really a CTW. It is a change behind glass.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-04-04 19:19, Daz Buckley wrote:
David Stone's is not really a CTW. It is a change behind glass.
thanks for your reply,yes same as David Forrest,mmm,im looking for the impossible really,lol,just don t think they are that strong card on the window already looks suss.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
David Stone's CTW is pretty good to be honest. The way I have performed it is to ask a couple of spectators to 'freely' select a couple of cards and place them back in the deck. Attempt to find them then run thru the deck face up to show they have now dissapeared from the deck. Then ask the first spectator to name their card... When they do ask them to turn around to see their card through the window behind them. Not bad so far...
Then ask the second spectator to name their card and then 'wipe' the window with my hand or silk to change the first selected card into the second selected card. That usually gets a pretty strong reaction.

I make up my own CTW gimmicks as the one I purchased did not work through double glazed or thick windows. I made my own, added extra poweful m****s so it works fine thru any glass. It also allows you to choose what cards you wish to use. I use a low value black card (2 spades) then change it into a Queen of Hearts - the contrast between the 2 cards is visually strong so when the change occurs it looks good.

I also have a buddy who uses this CTW with his Svengali deck routine. He pretends to find the force card but gets its wrong a couple of times then asks them to look at the window and see their card. When they say 'thats not my card' he asks them to name their card and after they do he 'wipes' the card through the window to make the change. He then immediately follows it up with the kicker by showing them that every card in the deck is now their chosen card. Again, gets good reactions.

It takes minimal set up and from my experience gets pretty good spectator reactions.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-04-05 06:28, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
David Stone's CTW is pretty good to be honest. The way I have performed it is to ask a couple of spectators to 'freely' select a couple of cards and place them back in the deck. Attempt to find them then run thru the deck face up to show they have now dissapeared from the deck. Then ask the first spectator to name their card... When they do ask them to turn around to see their card through the window behind them. Not bad so far...
Then ask the second spectator to name their card and then 'wipe' the window with my hand or silk to change the first selected card into the second selected card. That usually gets a pretty strong reaction.

I make up my own CTW gimmicks as the one I purchased did not work through double glazed or thick windows. I made my own, added extra poweful m****s so it works fine thru any glass. It also allows you to choose what cards you wish to use. I use a low value black card (2 spades) then change it into a Queen of Hearts - the contrast between the 2 cards is visually strong so when the change occurs it looks good.

I also have a buddy who uses this CTW with his Svengali deck routine. He pretends to find the force card but gets its wrong a couple of times then asks them to look at the window and see their card. When they say 'thats not my card' he asks them to name their card and after they do he 'wipes' the card through the window to make the change. He then immediately follows it up with the kicker by showing them that every card in the deck is now their chosen card. Again, gets good reactions.

It takes minimal set up and from my experience gets pretty good spectator reactions.
Many thanks there,some really great ideas ,think ill have another little look now and use some of the info you have given,would nt it be great if you could get something clear that can hide a card behind the window ,then peel it off under a silk, did read it somewhere about a CTW ,but turns out it was misinformation ,no such thing as a clear sticky patch that goes on the window,shame it would be the ultimate ,spec see's a clear window,no card ,then bam you produce it with no stooge at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » CTW (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL