The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing - Shin Lim - Part Deux (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
They locked down the first thread http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=300

So here we can continue to discuss the latest train wreck release from the mind of Shin Lim.

My friend here in Phoenix who bought this complained to Paul at Hocus Pocus... Who immediately offered a full refund.

Shin - please take a break for a few years.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Frankly, 25$ refund ?
It's not about the money but what the advertising said and compare with the reality Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Shinlimmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Shinlimmagic
Saysold, just wondering, what part of the vanishing did you not like?/ have questions about.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Shim,
He doesn't have it! His FRIEND told him. He has never tried the effect.
saysold, please take a break for a few years from writing reviews about magic you do not have.
James
ps
I have it. The technique is good, but I will use a different quality of gimmick. Stronger. Too bad you did not include a better variety.

Quote:
On 2012-04-07 06:38, Shinlimmagic wrote:
Saysold, just wondering, what part of the vanishing did you not like?/ have questions about.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18809 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It would have been nice to have been asked if they could quote me when I posted my comments on here! I think that's the standard way of doing things isn't it?

but no, there I am on magicshop's page for this product!

I agree about changing the supplies you get with it - which I have now done to add just an extra level of confidence to the vanish...
I've asked to be banned
Shinlimmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Shinlimmagic
Well regardless if saysold owns the product or not, if he has questions regarding the angle sensitivity or practicality of the trick, id be more than happy to help him out with it . I performed this last week at an MIT Reunion party in boston and I performed it for 6 people. And they didn't see the flash. If anyone has issues with the angles feel free to contact me thru pm or on fb, I really want everyone to get the best out of this method. I use this a lot on my walk around/ coctail situations, and it never fails to disappoint.

Shin
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
" I use this a lot on my walk around/ coctail situations, and it never fails to disappoint."
I'll definatly rush out and buy this now!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 17:08, Shinlimmagic wrote:
it never fails to disappoint.

I don't think that's what you meant to say. Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I think that's exactly what he meant to say.

That's why I sold mine.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
James-

I have said repeatedly and honestly here that I do not own this.

But I do trust certain fiends feedback on products - maybe you can relate in some way to this?

I was burned by Shin's "Think" (just didn't dig it - the video tutorial provided incorrect set up information, poorly edited, yadayadayada).

Then there was the video editing incident on another product - guess I don't need to get into all that again...

Then this.

So the issue really James is whether Shin (who may be one of the mots talented ans nicest guys in the world) is hurting himself by releasing products which are either somewhat misleading or just plain so-so.

There is a history here James. No question.

If a trusted friend tells me a restaurant or movie is a disappointment, I have every right to tell others... as long as I tell them that I never ate there or saw the movie.

Anyone who owns this is more than welcome to add their opinions.

Wonder why the last thread topic got locked?

I still stand by my statement that Shin should cool his jets, perform, learn, rack up the FISM awards, have fun...whatever... but take a break please because as a magic consumer I feel personally that I have not received good value for my $$$.

This will be my last statement on this Shin Lim topic - regardless of what James flames... I mean says Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

The Vanishing sure brings out the worst in people round here!

I wonder who's lining up to have a go next?
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Good question, as the usual suspect has already been heard from.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Please don't attack James. I think he makes some very valuable contributions to the Café.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Oh, I wasn't referring to James. I have a lot of respect for James. He's earned it. I wasn't referring to saysold, either. Or Shin or Iain or parmenion or cardbiker.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

I understand now, you were talking about yourself again. Smile
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
I'm sorry, Jamie. I'm not going to take your bait again.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
...and please don't PM me this time, Jamie. I won't read it.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Says Frenchdrop, the PM addict Smile

Please can we just discuss the trick for goodness sake before this thread gets locked too!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Out of curiosity, do you guys know each other in real life?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

No, and the irony is that we'd probably get along like long lost brothers if we ever did meet face to face. We are very alike.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Vanishing - Shin Lim - Part Deux (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL