The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Knock Out Prediction Outdone by Wayne Fox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2012-07-23 10:02, johndevacmaker wrote:
Very dissapointed with this it is exactly like X Ray
Same method different presentation and very overpriced

I am amazed that it has taken this long for someone to realise its the same method as X-ray. I assumed it was but glad I put off buying this now as its not exactly cheap.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I've breather ed a sigh of relief that someone has cleared this up. I will be re-releasing this effect in 2 years time at $78 + P&P if anybody wants to pre order? Here are some quotes from accounts that haven't been set up yet.
'WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN TO MAGIC SINCE KEN DODD!!!'
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
To say this is the same method as x-ray is like saying any effect that uses a double lift must be the same method, which it is not!

Things that set x-ray and knock out prediction apart are:-
1) one is an effect about a feat or clairvoyance or mentalism while the other is a coincidence effect
2) xray's premise almost sets you up to potentially fail due to the test conditions you put on yourself i.e cutting the deck with your back turned, putting the deck in the box without you glimpsing anything (if you hit it, an absolute miracle, if not then you have a lot of tap dancing to do to get the train back on path, or pull out your trusty invisible deck). Knockout Prediction, you are pretty much always in control of the situation (if the spectator cuts incorrectly, not an issue, you get them to cut again(you can justify them cutting again). The point is you know when they cut wrong and can re-mediate it on the fly before you have to start the tap dancing act when it goes wrong.

One thing that I like about knockout prediction as a method is that it now allows me to jazz ala Vernon's 'The trick that can not be explained' except I am always in complete control. I can reveal the top card from my deck to match theirs, I can pull their card out of my pocket/wallet,card under glass, I can make it turn up face in in the middle of the pack, reveal it via a hot shot cut,spell to it, double lift and then reveal. Stronger yet, the spectator can genuinely shuffle before and after each revelation. You can even use it as a forcing deck as you always know what card they cut to without fishing etc

Similar method ( but I think you are simplifying it there) to two different effects with completely different premises. Knockout prediction has added a whole you set of card revelations to my card routine, yes it was over priced, but I am making my money back cause I can add it to paid performances so can't complain about that.
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
I can't say I know Xray, but I've seen Wayne Knockout Prediction Outdone live, and it's KILLER. Extremely practical, totally fooling, and examinable... and easy.

Expensive? Only if you never use it I guess. I don't think it's a huge amount of money to outlay on a trick that you can use forever, and that you never need to buy refills for. For such a practical trick, I think it's totally worth it.
0likv
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of 0likv
Just got mine and very impressed except for the fact that you cant really use it for any other tricks because of the c---ps. Also it doesn't work if they choose where to cut and cut with lots of pressure. But over all very good trick

:)
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
This is currently my top effect for repeat audiences.
I save it for a call-back or 'favourite table' at the end of the night.
I've already secured a future gig through this effect alone.
Don't hesitate buying this at all!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Knock Out Prediction Outdone by Wayne Fox (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL