The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Commodore 64 by Chris Mayhew (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Those Blue Crown guys are at it again. This time with Chris Mayew:

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/commodore-64.html
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
I'm fooled pretty badly by this one...
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
I just got this one. It was an "Impulse buy" because the trailer cracked me up. Funny guy, great effect, nice clear instructions, and lots of sleights taught that are applicable for many other effects. The effect is pretty knacky but should be achievable within a week or so practice(if you are intermediate...bit longer for beginners.) Overall a good buy.
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Thanks for the quick review, eostresh.
A second opinion, anyone?
monstercreations
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of monstercreations
Hi,
Disappointed... I was hoping to play Paradroid, International Karate and Wizball!
Ade
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-04-11 14:15, monstercreations wrote:
Hi,
Disappointed... I was hoping to play Paradroid, International Karate and Wizball!
Ade

Happy days indeed!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Chris Mayhew is a LEGEND!!

He just makes me laugh so hard!!

Ben
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2411 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I did not purchase this so I am just going from the preview. Chris is a super funny guy and good teacher so I am sure this is an enjoyable video. That said, this looked to me like a compliation of slights and ideas he has taught on previous videos and I don't think it is one of his strongest effects (my impression as a spectator magician).
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Great name for a magic trick.

The C64 was one of the best and coolest of the late 70's/early 80's personal computers - one of the first and most popular to come out.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
eostresh
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of eostresh
Funny thing is...I'm pretty sure Chris wasn't even born when Commodor 64s were around!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I don't know much about Chris, but the trailer for this is pretty funny. I just took the dive. When I was a kid I lusted after my buddy's Commodore 64. I got stuck with an Atari 2600. I wonder how different my life would have been if I'd been given a real computer at that age instead of just a video game system. Hmmm......
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Thanks for the computer nostalgia, pepka... but what did you think of the effect? Smile
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4636 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
The effect is a very interesting, visual, take on the off-balance transpo plot.

I've seen Chris do this live many times, and it gets a great reaction. There are a lot of "pros"- stand up, impromptu, in the hands, visual, fast, interesting, magical... etc. The only "con" is that there are some angle issues, but nothing that can be managed. And Chris even teaches a bonus version that HAS no angle issues!

But I'm biased- because I hate Chris Mayhew.

That being said, I still think it's a great trick.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for all sorts of FREE VIRTUAL PROGRAMMING for magicians!
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It looks like it would make a fantastic submission to a magazine.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
velcrowe
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of velcrowe
Yeah, it looks pretty nifty but as a stand-a-lone for 10 bucks it seems pretty steep.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I think this looks great! Chris has always impressed me with his releases, I remember meeting him when he went to the session convention for the first time, annoyingly I didn't know him then, recognised the name but couldn't put a routine the the name, now I wish I had spent more time with him!

There are a lot of funny Magicians I have loved over the years, David Williamson, David Regal, John Archer and John van der Put, but for me, Chris tops them all in terms of comedic value, he just makes me laugh so much, so when I put the comedy plus genious magic effects, has become one of my favourite Magicians
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
monstercreations
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of monstercreations
Stuff the effect... lets talk about C64 gaming!
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 15:38, monstercreations wrote:
Stuff the effect... lets talk about C64 gaming!

I spent many a day playing "B.C," jumping over logs, ducking from trees and collecting clams. Not to mention typing in line after line of Machine Code.

I do believe that tedious typing, and then going back over and finding the one or two, or thousand typo as you entered in the program has helped me understand magic books today!

RevJohn
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
As a feature in Reel Magic's Move Monkey section I could understand this. But I can't see the value in paying 10 bucks!
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
I can never get the promo videos on blue crown to play properly !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Commodore 64 by Chris Mayhew (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL