The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven - Coffee / one ahead routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Read the routine in a Magic Magazine, but can't remember in what issue. Do any of you remember it and could give me hand to find it?

The experiment was all about what kind of coffe the spectactor prefered, cream, sugar etc. The predictions was put into a coffee cup and emptied out in the hands of the spectactor at the end.
Performer did not touch the predictions after he put them in the cup.
Smile
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
June 2002 Smile
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Dpe666;
Great!!
Thank you
Sven

I just looked,
I couldn't find this in Magic from June 2002.
Could anyone help me?
Sven
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Sven,

The reason you couldn't find it in the June 2002 issue of Magic is because it was never published in Magic.

What you are looking for is the Phil Goldstein (Max Maven) routine titled "Caffeinomenon" which appears on pages 64-65 of the July 2002 issue of Genii (Vol. 65, Number 7 - Oscar Muniz on the cover).

It's a pretty good and fun routine to do. I have a slight variation that uses an Osterlind ruse as well as a simple equivoque strategy that makes this routine even more powerful.

Hope this helps.

Success!

Tony Blake
Mind Mystery™
Õ¿Õ¬
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Tony,
Phew! Smile
Thank you! I knew I had the routine somewhere - I was dead sure that it was in Magic, and didn't even bother to look in Genii.

It is a very cool routine - like very much of what Max Maven has come up with.
It would have been nice to hear about your improvements.

Thanks again.
Sven
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Sven,

The main reason I didn't fully outline my variation is because the Osterlind ruse I employ is something that appears on the new Osterlind DVD's (which I feel I can't directly tip). You'll find it on DVD #3 under the title "Change Of Mind". It takes me away from numbering each billet and lets me use each spectators name directly.

As for the equivoque addition, I simply reduce the number of "dairy" additives to 3 which allows me to use equivoque to force the last item. I have also increased the number to 5 which allows me to use a PATEO variation.

Using the combination of the two variations allows me to do this effect almost impromptu without having to pre-prepare the cup used and also dispense with billet switches.

I call my variation "DeCafnomenon".

Hope this helps.

Tony Blake
Mind Mystery™
Õ¿Õ¬
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Tony,
I have no problem in understanding that you are not happy to reveal some of Richard Osterlinds material.

However, I have already ordered it, and will look up your reference when I get the dvd's

Your equivoque addition looks great, and take a kind of risk away from the routine.

Thank you again, this was a great help!

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven - Coffee / one ahead routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL