The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Magicshop.NL (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I just got my order in from Ron at Magicshop.NL and all I can say is WOW!

All six of the tricks were not just Mint, but GEM MINT.

I got some real nice ones for my collection. I got Floral Fantasy (blue box), Rope to Silk (english package), Paradox, Coin Through Match (the first red one), Coin Fan (in the old package) and Metal Matrimony.

The Metal Matrimony comes with an amazing story.

Ron quoted me some prices on the tricks that were very good, especially the Metal Matrimony. As we were making our deal there was a Metal Matrimony on the auction site that was at $102.50 (significantly less than the price he quoted me). It was Ron's auction. I told my wife that my guess was that he would say that he quoted the wrong price or that he had no more. Well he honored the price he quoted even after the auction for the Metal Matrimony ended at $222.50. To me that is an amazing gesture of honesty and business ethics.

For this feat of genuine honesty I nominate and install Ron of the Magicshop.NL as the first member of the Tenyo Good Karma Hall of Fame.

Good job Ron.

Check out Ron's site an if you do not see what you are looking for send him and email. He might surprise you.

For sure you will not be disappointed.

AA
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
You have allready make post about this, why you do not use your own post ? It's not necessary to add one more post for the same subject so that the forum remains clear and pleasant for all.

I see china copy of Eye of Idol for 15euros in Tenyo section of this shop ... All know that this copy doesn't work. Well, not sure about good karma for this item ...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Sorry I'm in a bad mood today lol
ninku10
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of ninku10
Stereo, I think you are refering to dynamite magic shop,right? This one seems to be another magic shop also in neatherland.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Yes a different shop and person all together.

I thought it would be helpful to people like ninku10, meridian, izzy, that's cool, Mr. Wizard, etc.

You know people who are trying to find tricks and/or build a collection.

Not everyone that frequents here have substantial Tenyo collections but they are working towards it an I want to help them.

I am sorry if that is not pleasant for you.
Ron Timmer
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
44 Posts

Profile of Ron Timmer
Hi AA,
Thank you for you very kind words!

@ Stereo, you indeed are referring to another shop in the Netherlands. We don't have (a copy) the eye of the idol.

Best,
Ron
Ron - MagicfromHolland.com
Visit our HUGE offline shop in the Netherlands or check www.magicshop.nl or visit www.MagicfromHolland.com
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Ohhhh ! Well ... Yes it's different website ... I'm sorry. So many NL shop now ! I warned that I was in a bad mood.
No counterfeit Eyes of idols here, Just counterfeit photos lol
Beyond pictures from my blog, I'm used to finding everywhere to make money effortless, I'm more bothered by the fact of finding photos from Hitomi. She had trusted me and gave me these pictures for the blog, then find them like that used by another shop ... I am very embarrassed and I apologize in advance to Hitomi for not being able to stop that by not being vigilant enough.
Yes I'm in a bad mood today too.

But why is he so wicked ? Because ! (French advertisement for Orangina red)
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Stereo, no need to have a bad day...you have just set up a new price record on eBay! Congrats!

Seems I will have to put up some rare items the next days as well....! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
It's for that I'm in bad day, however price record on ebay, I'm not happy to sell my ultra tube. I known I never find another one in future.
But I agree it's better than nothing.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I bought Ultra Tube last week from a member here (That's Cool) for $100 with two other tricks and at that time he knew Stereo's was going for over $500.

There are some people who are not obsessed with getting the highest price and are happy to make some money and help out a fellow collector.

That's what Good Tenyo Karma is all about. Just like Ron of Magicshop.dl, That'sCool was kind and generous to a fellow collector.

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3327 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
AA, am glad you got a good deal. However I would not suggest that Stereo is obsessed with getting the highest price he can. It has sadened him sell but I presume financial reasons required him to do it. For the work that Stereo puts into the blog for no financial gain I am glad he reached a high price... that is great Karma for him! Also I do not think getting high prices on ebay in general is bad karma... someone lists and they get what the market is willing to pay... no one is forced to bid.

Cheers,

John
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Agree John, this seems to be a win-win situation: the buyer who is willing to pay whatever price obtains a rare trick, and Davy gets compensated for the "pain of parting".
Nevertheless a great move from that'sCool! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
When a member (me) offers another member (stereo) a very substantial trade or to buy the item he wants and needs for his collection (Ultra Tube) before it is listed, but the other member (stereo) rather sell the item on the auction site to maximize his profit that is Bad Tenyo Karma especially since the member (me) has been taking and sending pictures of items to the other member (stereo) for his blog.

AND When a member (me) gets a spare item (Colour Fantasy) that another member does not have (stereo) and he immediately thinks of the other member (stereo) and sends and email, that is Good Tenyo Karma. But when that member (stereo) does not respond to the email; that is Bad Tenyo Karma

AND when a member (Nicolino) posts a "Holy Grail Item" (Brand New Ninja Experiment) and another member (me) gets one and offers to trade it in good faith, when the member (Nicolino) offers up less than his best stuff for a trade so he can keep his better merchandise for cashing in (merchandise that was on the other members list that was sent); that is Bad Karma.

AND when on the same trade when a member (Nicolino) values an item that was to be part of the trade at 33% more than the price he sold it the day before to another member; that is Bad Tenyo Karma.

AND when a member (Nicolino) over values his items for trade and is then values a Shrink-Wrapped Ninja Experiment for 100 euros; that is Bad Tenyo Karma.

AND when a member (Nicolino) says he doesn't follow prices when he obvious does; that is Bad Tenyo Karma.

AND etc. etc. etc.

As far as financial situations are concerned, I have been out of work since November, when I worked for three months, and not worked for two years before that. That has not changes my character.

I was trying to use this thread to compliment Ron from the Magicshop.NL for doing something really special, but the greed just seeped it's way into this thread.

I have been biting my tounge here for quite a while hoping that things would change, but I have come to the conclusion that with certain people here on the Tenyo Section of the Café I will never be able to purchase or trade something because they are way to greedy and attached to their items.

Is that bad, well Greed is one of the seven deadly sins.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2845 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
John, I hesitated in deciding if I should really address your post since everyone's free to his opinion, and ours haven't to necessarily match (and I have to admit that I sometimes can't follow certain esoteric utterances anyway); however, I'd somehow feel better replying to your avertments.

I'm glad I still have our email correspondence before me so I can ensure that my memory doesn't betray me. 
It seems you have it in for me for whatever reason, and it's sad that you never pointed out in our mails what that something is.  

If it really was about the matter, why haven't you dared to talk to me about directly in the face what annoys you?

If you want to call me greedy (because I don't give away items for almost free that were hard for me to find) - that's okay! 
Because I know a lot of people who have made great and honest deals with me think the opposite.

If we never come to an agreement about a trade - that's no big deal either. 

But please don't be Janus-faced to me and accuse me of something I am not!

If you really want to resolve something with me, I'd love to hear from you in a PM.

Have a great day,
Felix
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Nicolino,

I can't speak to "a lot of people who have made great and honest deals with me" because all I was offered was ridiculous prices and trades not based in good faith.

Your actions do not match your eloquent words and they never will so I have no intention of resolving anything with you. By making this statement in a public forum I know I will not go back on my promise to myself not to deal with the likes of you to create a collection that I love and cherish.

AA
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Finally the bad karma is not at the place where one might think it is ....

If the fact of not getting what you want is bad karma well ok.

Sorry not to answer the second to your email. ( and if you have looking your mail before writte this you see I reply to you and add in attach some present) Sorry not to be interested in an exchange of objects that I own already (1 Ninja experiment + 1 Eye of idol for 1 ultra Tube.) Ninja experiment and eyes of idols are not rare tricks you know, lot of this trick pop regulary on ebay, but I NEVER see one Ultra tube in package. (and 100 euros for Ninja experiment is normal price, the price actually on ebay are not normal prices, This is a speculative bubble because of a blog I think and that will explode very soon, but you are not among us long enough to know this I think ). 250 $ for metal Matrimony is not normal price, some months ago Hitomi was selling at auction for 60$ and it's easy to find, 600$ for Ultra tube is not normal price, 300$ for opened Cross Road is not normal prices, last year lot of them go to 50$. But again you are not among us long enough to know this... So please do not tell us if that price is too low or not, some of us collect tricks for over 10 years and know the good regular price of trick.

This is not one more "Ninja experiment" who will pay my rent, sorry.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed that in your mind send me a photo to participate in the blog makes you think I should accept any deal to please you in return. I thought you did with pleasure without expecting something in return. You really have a funny way of reacting and thinking. And I'm happy to report now, it will save me from being disappointed later.

The members of this forum do not wait you come here to have the good karma you know. I have already offered free tricks to those who helped me for the blog, but he did not have a claim, it came alone and with pleasure. I was surprised to receive gifts as members without my unexpectedly, assistance, attention, just a nice word, supports, and everyone was happy to do without need to boast.

But since you are the great master who decides who is entitled to have Good Karma or not I bow. And we all eagerly waiting to know your sentence about our good or bad Karma.

In any case, the difference is so big between the person you pretend to be and now discover what you really think is that the problem is perhaps not where you think...

I find it really very sad and the way you judge people shows a narrowness of mind which I would not be very proud.

Have a great day.
Davy
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3327 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have to admit AA your post is the worst example I have seen of Bad Karma in over two years of posting here. I have done two deals with Felix and both were very fair. The first was two years ago when I was in a very active stage building the Tenyo collection. Felix offered me a bundled package on a number of items, including a Ultra Tube, Ninja Experiment, Black Hole,etc. The price we agreed on was well below what he could get for the Ultra Tube today. I also had to gently persuade him to part with some of the items. Recently he showed me a quiet demonstration of good karma. He knew that a Billscape was on my wish list and reached out to me to say that he would sell me his extra copy. The price was way below what he could have gotten on ebay. Felix was also the one that organized the small act of kindness we showed Stereo awhile back.

Your slamming of Stereo is also unacceptable. The guy has given us all an incredible resource. To suggest that somehow he is undeserving of receiving a great price for an item is very small.

If this is your definition of good karma... I am no longer drinking the Kool Aid.

John
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Stereo,

You are either too young or two ignorant to understand what I tried to tell you.

When you saw that someone would pay $600 for your Ultra Tube you figured that you would never be able to afford one again.

I was pointing out that there are people out there that are not just obsessed with the value of their tricks and you can get the trick again like I did for less than $100 by just being thoughtful and nice to people. I did a very kind favor for That's Cool a while back and he remembered and followed through with a like act of kindness when he came across a trick he knew I really wanted.

As far as judging is concerned, my purposes is not to judge people, I was just trying to influence people to understand that by being kind and generous you can get more than by being selfish and greedy. It is something I recently learned (not that I was ever selfish or greedy) and I wanted to pass it along. I thought that we could all help each other make our collections but many here are not interested in helping others. I think some were even jealous that I was building a collection that would rival theirs which I have done. I started seriously collecting Tenyo in January and three months later I am just as complete as most of you. I work hard to to find tricks and like to make profits on the spares that I find, I just don't have to bleed every dollar out of a fellow collector.

Tomorrow I will illustrate my last example of how Good Tenyo Karma has helped me get special Tenyo items and then never mention Good Tenyo Karma here again. I will be posting a photo here of the Melting Loops I bought this week for a very kind price.

I tried to tell you guys about this over and over again but I guess you thought it was some kind of joke. There is a saying in the Bible that says don't waste your pearls of wisdom on sows ears. Oink Oink.

AA
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
JM Talbot

Karma is way more than Koolaide.

Look it up.

Oink Oink.

AA
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
As the magical arts core principle is deception, all too many can't resist their urge to deceive in other facets of life, such as getting the upper hand in a negotiation, or gouging someone out of something. It never fails, I have found the best and worst human beings in Magicians, truly an interesting mix.

I too don't care for Nicolino but he knows exactly what that's about. There are some others I don't care for either and that's OK.

Stereo is OK by me, he's moody and direct, but well meaning from my experience.

The sooner everyone learns to trade fairly and stop gouging each other, the sooner we can have a convention and share our common love of Tenyo as a group. The girlish like drama of the ToJ forums is like watching Days of our Lives. Some people thrive on it in these forums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Magicshop.NL (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL