The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Definitive Sankey (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
link8822
View Profile
New user
Central Jersey, NJ
66 Posts

Profile of link8822
Quote:
On 2012-07-13 07:29, magicbern wrote:
But the Collector's editions seem at the moment to be only obtainable from the publishers Vanishing Inc. so it's very much a trade-off: personally signed opines by Jay himself versus more generic signatures on a limited edition set. Rather a dilemma for some!

Yea, that's what I had trouble deciding between, too. I ended up going for the limited edition, mainly because of the page from sankey's notebook & the extra DVD. I figured I'd be able to get it personally signed if/when I go to one of his lectures anyway.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1822 Posts

Profile of Daren
Mine has now been disptached!!! woo hoo!!!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
So fast? I thought official dispatch date was 20 July!
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
817 Posts

Profile of andykean
Mine too!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
I contacted Vanishing Inc. The footage on the DVDs is taken from Jay's existing DVDs.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Munseys_Magic
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Munseys_Magic
I just received my set today. To be transparent, I should say that I was a reader of this massive collection. Having said that, I can honestly say that this set is worth EVERY LAST CENT! Not only is the content incredible, but the physical quality of the books is fantastic. They must be seen and felt to be appreciated.
Jim Munsey
Munsey's Magic
http://www.MunseysMagic.com
link8822
View Profile
New user
Central Jersey, NJ
66 Posts

Profile of link8822
That's awesome, Munseys. I'm curious what the books say about tricks that involve gimmicks, like In a flash, holy moly, etc. Does it have methods for making the gimmicks or are some of the gimmicks included? (I'm sure others are wondering too)
andykean
View Profile
Special user
817 Posts

Profile of andykean
Mine arrived in new Zealand today from vanishing inc
Off to read now yeah!!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Mine is still "awaiting dispatch". :/ You guys that already received it, did you order the deluxe version?
andykean
View Profile
Special user
817 Posts

Profile of andykean
No just standard set
Which is amazing
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1822 Posts

Profile of Daren
Received mine now too!!! that is super quick service!!! I am in the UK, dispatched on Friday received on Tuesday! brilliant!
andykean
View Profile
Special user
817 Posts

Profile of andykean
Great news Daren
Brandon Johnson
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Brandon Johnson
Just thought I would let everyone know that you can now download a free sample of the book including the table of contents. Here's a link http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-d......sampler/

-Brandon
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Thanks for letting us know Brandon Smile I downloaded the free sample amazing , I can't wait to purchase !
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3685 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Still waiting for my delux set which doesn't look like it has shipped yet but the free pdf preview they released today has some killer effects. Nice gesture by Vanishing Inc.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
I should have waited until Penguin had it in stock. Would have saved $15 on shipping, and gotten it around the same time.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Slowmotion coins isn't in the book it seems? That is my favorite Sankey trick!
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3685 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Wow. That is surprising. That along with Back in Time and Fan Mail (greatest use of bill switch ever created) make up my top three sankey effects.
Brandon Johnson
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Brandon Johnson
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 12:09, Erdnase27 wrote:
Slowmotion coins isn't in the book it seems? That is my favorite Sankey trick!

Hopefully it will be on the dvd. I'm curious what effects will be on the dvd, from what I understand its some of his best effects taken from his previous dvds.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
What has killed this for me is the postage. $77 to have it sent to the UK... but I only live about 15 miles from Andi Gladwin.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Definitive Sankey (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL