The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible Deck jokes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
What jokes does anyone know for use with the Invisible Deck or anything like that? For example, when the spectator is "shuffling" the invisible or imaginary deck, you might say "Wait a minute -- you dropped one" -- and then pretend to pick up an invisible card from the floor and hand it to her. Or, when he is just starting to shuffle, roll your eyes and say, patiently, "Take it out of the BOX first..." No matter how old such jokes may seem to you, to some of us they will be new and maybe we can use them -- so, please share them. Thanks.
(BTW, the "Invisible Deck" trick I am most fond of is not what is usually meant by that, but Bob Longe's old version which he included in "101 Amazing Card Tricks." But, you can use the same jokes with that one.)
EXTREMENINJA1
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of EXTREMENINJA1
I like to do the old "Take them out of the box first". But I say it in a joking manner. I also use this line "Spread the cards out on the table". Spectator does so and then I say "Face up" They flip them over and I say "No they were face up they are now face down."

If people seem like they are really into the routine then you can add in a few more jokes Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Q: Do you actually believe you are holding an invisible deck of cards?

A: Well, no.

Q: Then why on earth are you shuffling them?
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Goes along with the “take it out of the box first” line.

If you “toss” the deck to your shuffler, then have them “toss” it back, just as they start to throw, panic “NO, NO, NO, Put it back in the box first”. (Many times they “forget” this part!)
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Thank you, friends, for your ideas. I have discovered what I should have known already, namely that there is already at least one thread on the Café on this topic, but I enjoyed what you suggested. BTW, if you are a fan of the late Bob Longe, inventor of his own "Invisible Deck" routine (see above), there is great news: his original Invisible Deck booklet from the 1940's has just been reissued in inexpensive ebook format from Lybrary.com.
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
297 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Some jokes to use:
First of all, I make sure that the I.D. box is slightly crushed.
* (as I hold up the box of invisible cards, I take out the cards and hand the box to someone else in the crowd to hold. I then hand the invisible Joker to someone else to hold.) I begin to shuffle the invisible cards, saying to those two, "You guys think you feel stupid holding those things... How do you think I feel? I'm shuffling these darn things."
* I then spread the cards and ask the spectator to choose one. When he does, I say, "Okay, this isn't fair... the cards are face up. Put it back."
* Then I flip the cards face down and say, "Let's try this again." When he pulls it out, I say, "Put one back... You have two cards."
* I then turn my back and tell him to show it to everyone. When I turn back, I ask another spectator, "Did he show it around?" (Usually, they will say yes.) I then lean close to them and ask, "What was it?"
* I then fan the cards and say, "As you can see, the cards are now face-up... please return your card face-down so I can't see it." Then I close up the fan and ask for the Joker... Then I ask for the box.
* When the spectator hands me the box, I tell him, "Gee thanks for crushing my box."
From here on, when you make the deck visible... you take out the cards and hand the same spectator to hold the box again saying, "Would you please hold the box again? And, this time could hold it a little more gently?" Then, finish the effect as usual... but you get the idea. By the time the real magic happens, you've already softened them up with some humor. Hope this helps.
One good thing about being wrong...
Is the pleasure it brings to others.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
If it's a male doing an overhand shuffle at waist level (which you can imprint by doing a quick demo): "We can see you've had a lot of practice making that particular motion."
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
*Now, look at the card and show it to your friends. I won't peek.
*Ooops, Dang. I dropped one.
*You still remember your card, right? Lost of people forget it.
*I'll shuffle it back into the deck. You try to keep your eye on it.

Come to think of it... I use these lines with a real deck too. Hmmm...
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
When they shuffle say---- take them out of the box first.
Hofi
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hofi
As I use the ID within an other routin where I need only 4 cards (from the ID .. sounds strange I know). I show them the rest of the ID "do you all see the deck" and than I throw it into the air and vanish the invisialbe deck ;-))with the words "it gone ... what a miracle ... o.k. THAT was a joke"
Louis Lu
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Louis Lu
An alternative presentation is to bring out an empty box and introduce your invisible cards. If someone asks why you have a box, "Well, how else am I going to find them again if I lose them?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible Deck jokes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL