The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Sanada Gimmick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Hey all,

I have one of these I bought a while back, but I'm wondering if the color is any better now as mine is permatan color.

Has anyone got one recently and is the color any better than orange?

Alan
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Mine wasn't even close to matvhing my skin tone, so I painted it with acrylic paint, very easy to match that way, just remember all skin is orange, then its a matter of lighter or darker,
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Use the flesh colored bandages that are clloth to cover them. jay scott berry has some good work on it.
Kane Mouri
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
53 Posts

Profile of Kane Mouri
Mine is darker then my skin tone, but from my experience since you create a shadow it doesn't really matter.
Vthegreatone
View Profile
New user
Bowie, Maryland
57 Posts

Profile of Vthegreatone
I really hate mine...I really do. I just rather stick to sleights or a TT or FT.
Magic and Philosophy are One
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I don't use mine either.
I perfer a tt over it anytime.
but if someone puts the work in it.
there are some very good effects that
can be done with it.
todd
rockmartian
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of rockmartian
Colin Mcleod's "Opening Minds" Dvd set has a fantastic stage routine using a sanada in a most interesting way! I've been tempted to get one for that routine alone!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hated the Sanada Gimmick! Color was wrong, and my Vernet blows it away! Hey, though, YMMV!

Doug
arizona
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of arizona
I've seen ones that were maroon at the local shop and looks very decieving blending in with the shadow.
cletus
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of cletus
Has anyone ran across a place to get the skin colored medical tape similar to what Jay Scott uses on his gimmicks? You would think it would be easy. But for me it has not been. From Walmart, to Riteaid, to Walgreens to Amazon, I have found nothing close to being flash colored medical tape that would work on the sanada. If someone has a source, please share. I hope your day is a blessed one.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check out "Mole Skin" at the drug store
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I have a few and I don't have a problem with skin tone.
2 of them I got from a Jay Scott Berry lecture.
One (FS2) is a double so you can change one item for another. It's 2 Sanadas that are hinged together at the bottom.
Another has a sealed compartment for storing bills, silks, etc.
It is sealed with medical tape but I don't know where to get the tape. The DVD says you can get it at any medical supply store.
Sorry I can't be more help.
Ihor
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
You might find that a nurse of doctor will be able to suggest a source!

I've watched Jay use it in his lecture. he obviously has practiced with it. I do think that in a few years, someone is going to win a FISM with it.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Do a Google search for Kinesiology tape, it has less shine than the tape found on Jay Scott Berry's gimmicks.

Here's a listing for it that is quite inexpensive compared to what I've purchased in stores:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5m-x-5cm-Kinesio......LVZVwYs6

You can also find it at CVS:
https://www.cvs.com/shop/health-medicine......d=958906
MatrixAddict
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MatrixAddict
Such an awesome gimmick! Never knew that it would have existed without the Jay Scott Berry lecture.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2012, rockmartian wrote:
Colin Mcleod's "Opening Minds" Dvd set has a fantastic stage routine using a sanada in a most interesting way! I've been tempted to get one for that routine alone!

I have to disagree. It's like an appearing word trick to the participant. Hands both empty then words appear on something in your hand. To cheeky for me.

To make a sanada darker burn a piece of flash paper on it. To make it lighter try some sand paper.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I love my Sanada Gimmicks. The Jay Scott Berry Penguin Live Lecture is a must if you want to learn how you can use the Sanada to it's fullest. Mr Sanada also has a very good DVD on the device.

The new ones are pretty good flesh color. I don't think they need to match perfectly. I wrap mine in medical tape as Jay suggests. It makes it last longer. I also modify mine in other ways Jay explains for some really amazing routines.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Sanada Gimmick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL