The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rsvp presents - "Chardshark" with Daniel Chard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
The words of a gentleman.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of puggo
Just got back from a wedding. I tried out 'Fiddle with Biddle'. I used to use the Biddle trick (or at least a variation). I have to say that Daniel's version packs a much bigger punch, at least from what I remember. Easy to do, FASDIU; I think that this will be a regular in my repertoire.
Charlie
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1782 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Im really really not a fan of multi effect DVD's and rarely get them. I've often been disappointed by them and non of the effects end up benefiting me. This is the total opposite for this DVD. This has completely regained my faith in multi effect DVD's. The magic is so beautifully constructed and the effects are ALL knock out! What I loved about this, is learning Daniels take on some old moves and making them exciting to perform whilst regaining the POINT of the move. Non of the moves are too hard and all of them are totally motivated. This is defiantly in my top 3 of multi effect DVD's! (along with James Browns Professional Opportunist Double DVD set also from RSVP)

On a side note, RSVP, great production value as always! I had to crank up the volume a little bit but as always sterling job on picking out some brilliant material by a charming chap!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I agree with Jamie, this is a very exciting DVD. I have been having barrels of fun with "Decompressed", plus "Kickback Bonanza", "Fiddle with Biddle" and "Four my Mates" are great effects.
The production quality is brilliant, as always with RSVP Magic!
Really exciting stuff, that if I can perform, so can you! Smile
shaun m
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of shaun m
I'd just like to add my vote for Daniel's dvd - the thing is that it's visual magic, not flourishes but motivated visual effects - I used his 'Compression' routine a number of times in a loud night club environment over the weekend to great reaction, tidy routine, easy enough to do FASDIU with a simple cull - a winner in my book.
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Xcath1: their is no need to be anything but a gentleman Smile

Puggo: its so true, I LOVE the biddle trick! it was the effect that got me into cards and into magic in general. the original version floored me, however yes apart from the classics such as omni deck etc this is one of the strongest card effects I perform.

JamieD: Glad you liked the day and for the dvd to be in your top 3 (professional oppertunist is one of my favourite sets, his effect using the omni deck is gold and progressive sandwich with strong). A lot of the moves are based on ideas, standing on the shoulders of giants as they say. The moves are fun and add a great dynamic to old ideas. The construction of an effect is something I strive for and the effects have to be visual. What effect stood out for you then bud? also that was such an awesome post, do you think I could use that as a quote for the dvd? Smile

KyleMacNeill: thanks for your kinds words and the name!, I owe you a beer sir and glad you like those effects, after everyones comments I do find myself performing 'Fiddle With Biddle' more and more and reactions are immense! Also similiar to decompression I have a splitting effect which is more of a card guy routine ideal for magic sessions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwvQfiHV3......ure=plcp will problay be up your street.

Shaun M: last but not least! glad you liked the effects man! the effects are very versatile and can be performed in a lodu bar, or during a more formal walk around set.

any questions around the dvd guys I'm more than happy to help and thanks very much for offering your thoughts on my project, it gives me the confidence to do more in the future. And the biggest thanks to RSVP who continue to be awesome Smile

Kind regards

Daniel Chard
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
I must admit I wasn't overly struck with Fiddle With Biddle on my initial watch, I didn't see that it added a great deal to the trick. It looks like I've missed something though so will give it a re-watch tonight.

I really like the Decompression effect and Cloaked Inversion. Watching the performance section I knew how it was done but that's just magical thinking. The deck apparently inverting while they were holding a card placed in the middle is a great idea, and not that tricky to do.

I also like the Kickback plot, and it's nice that this doesn't need any duplicate cards which I always struggle keeping track of.

Overall it's a good disk. There have been plenty of full performance clips uploaded so I'd advice anyone to watch them all and if you like the look of the trick then pick this up.

R
merlins1nd
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of merlins1nd
I gotta say I love Dan's Work and handling skills, but I love his effects even more.. this is a biased review mainly because I know Dan well..

But this does not mean what I Am saying is a flim flam effort to get you to buy his DVD..

I was there with Dan on the filming of this DVD in fact I am in it.. so yes people may think its biased..

But believe me Even if I didn't know Dan I would want to get to know him because his thinking is very cool..

His structuring of his effects is way cool and as will I am Says DOPE..

The Effects on this DVD are very Strong Some more than others but that's a DVD for you..

I am not really into four aces effects assembly's all that jazz not really my style..

But Dan has done a fantastic job of perking my interest in this style of magic..

I know even if its not your style to there is something on here that would interest you to make it well worth buying this dvd..

And sometimes I even buy DVDs or books just so I can see how others think... I might not use them effect but would gain a better understanding of new way I haven't thought of to apply different psychologies to my magic..

Dan does all this in his DVD..

So I just wanted to say good work Dan.. until the next session and the next phone call.. or skype session..

And for those that are on the fence about this JUMP!!!!!

Stephen Leathwaite
The Spiral Princple & Beyond DVD out 17th Feb 2012 @ www.leathalweapons.co.uk and Blackpool
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I am also giving fiddle with biddle a second look. I never do the biddle trick but with these small changes that Dan has added I will give it a try.
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Xcath1: you should you won't be disappointed with the results! While not massively different from the original routine ( magicians keep assuming ive recreated Elmer biddles original version , that has sparked a number of notable variations) , I feel I've added a few nice bits to the structure and psycology which you only really get if you study the explanation and analyse why etc, happy to explain over a pm if anyone's interested.

Thanks rob for your thoughts man! The inversion effect is a great challenge to come up with a few decent phases, my original reverse was published in magic magazine and inspired by a move of Tom stones , and the finish inspired by the final phase in Chris Kenners effect 'Perversion' which is. A full inversion of the deck but I believe the speccie holding on to the card makes it that much stronger! Smile and if you like my compression effect check out robert morelands handling called 'The Burst' from his weapons of choice lecture notes! If you can find them!

Stephen I know your a good friend and took part in filming but tht was a great shoot, and review Smile your words ring true ! Despite being a card nerd (purist) I love to watch all styles of magic and believe the best source of inspiration is by delving into other areas of the art as the thinking of often completely different! Glad you liked the style, just merely standing in the shoulders of giants ! Smile

Kind regards, love heading your responses!

Daniel chard
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words both here and elsewhere, publicly and privately, about Dan's project Chardshark.

Here are some of the routines from the DVD in full, unedited and for your viewing pleasure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBN107-Di10

Best,
Russ
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 19:54, russ stevens wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the kind words both here and elsewhere, publicly and privately, about Dan's project Chardshark.

Here are some of the routines from the DVD in full, unedited and for your viewing pleasure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBN107-Di10

Best,
Russ

Only someone confidant in their product would allow that! THANK YOU!
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Thanks Russ! And like Russ said everyone for their kind words regarding my project! Russ has chosen to show the footage in a raw and unedited format which will give you an example of how the material plays in the real world! Picked some of my favourites!

Zombie magic: it's great to see a magic producer who releases the material and is then fully awnsering any questions regarding it, as appose to just releasing the next thing ! And Russ didn't pay me to say that Smile

With the YouTube video up it gives a good flavour of the material, if you like that it's ten routines in total on their! Really is something for everyone, avaliable at RSVPmagic.com

Kind regards

Daniel chard
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Apart from the fiddle with Biddle effect, what other effects are going down well for your audiences?

You can use decompression as a great lead into the kickback sandwich or a collectors routine! More reviews to come people till then lets spread the love Smile

Kind regards

Daniel Chard
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Alakazam the great company that is! Have reviewed the DVD on their blog. Here's the link:
http://www.alakazam.co.uk/blog/?cat=3

But for those lazy browsers here it is in full ( with permission from Peter) :

I had the pleasure recently of taking three new DVD’s, The Inception, Total Ambition and Chardshark to see what they were like and review them. The first to enter my DVD player was Chardshark, by Daniel Chard and produced by RSVP. This is an outstanding introduction to Daniels’ magic with playing cards. The performances are entertaining, the instructional side clear and informative and there was no brashness or bigheadedness of any kind from someone that quite obviously knows his way around a deck of cards. Russ Stevens introduced me to Daniel at this years’ Session Convention, so I can testify to the power and practicality (don’t confuse this with how difficult or easy the method is) of these routines. There is something on here for everyone and everything you need to be able to perform the effects is explained (although there is also a section dedicated to more in depth explanations of some sleights), so I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone wishing to learn strong card magic.

You can expect a review from caleb wiles soon, and a few other good names! Smile

Still have some compies left if you guys are looking for one! Again any questions or thoughts I'm more than happy to help! Email : darkstar_xcm@hotmail.com

Kind regards

Daniel chard
fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
Any tips on how to do the snap fan of the queens on the kickback routine as it looks great.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2777 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I believe it is a Carnahan Fan. A tutorial can be found on the Dan and Dave website.
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Fazr Eddie: xcath1 is correct it's the buck twins 'Carnahan fan' I'll try to provide a few tips without giving the method away to much! Smile when your in the position to do the kickback phase, you want to position the packet as deep into your thumb crotch as you can , also by extending your index finger as quickly and as far as you can it spreads then farther apart adding to the visual illusion! Also want to make sure your other fingers are clear before the key moment! Again but for more tips on the move check out the 'Trilogy' by Dan and Dave Buck. An influential pair of card men!

Xcath1: yeah I believe it's in their site for a few dollars, great little investment and it's so fun to do, I've looked at adding into a few card effects! Such as think of a card etc, works very nicely!

Another thing if played with for the kickback effect is once they transpose ( on an off beat moment, almost as an after thought) you can palm the four of a kind again ditch them into your pocket etc to show they have vanished for good this time just leaving the signed selection!
So many ideas so little time, really wish their we're
More hours in a day!

Thanks for your contined support and interest in my project! Smile

Daniel chard
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Here is a great review from Wayne Kowamoto whose reviews I always respect for his honesty and detailed review:

http://magic.about.com/od/reviewscards/f......hard.htm

Just one thing to add the routines play great to laymen more so than magicians as you'll see in the performances Smile

Kind regards

Daniel Chard
Daniel Chard
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Daniel Chard
Another great review from talk magic! For people still on the fence about getting a copy, I can awnser any questions or uncertaintys you may have!

Enjoy the review :

http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/sutra437678.php

A review for caleb wiles coming soon! Smile

Regards

Daniel Chard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rsvp presents - "Chardshark" with Daniel Chard (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL