The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Letter to Amazing Azzam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
AA, this is a well-intentioned advice (which you probably won't take, though); nonetheless I'll try to express my feelings (which I hope won't sound too patronizing): in my honest opinion you would greatly benefit from being a bit less autocratic and Janus-faced!
You're so often contradicting yourself (and your so called maximes) that one can't help but smilingly wonder.

For example, you boast how good you are at your job - but unfortunately you seem to have none...

Quote:
On 2012-04-15 01:39, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
My photos and graphics are impeccable (I teach Photoshop for a living)

Quote:
On 2012-04-13 16:05, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
I have been out of work since November, when I worked for three months, and not worked for two years before that.

Then you complain about people being greedy (including me!), who you think buy multiples of one trick and try to start confederacies with dealers to avoid that.
On the other hand you do exactly the same!
Talking about something like "Karma" at the same time....

Quote:
On 2012-04-14 11:24, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
We have a hoarder amongst us that buys out tricks to sell and leaves none for people who really want the trick for their collection. I wonder who that might be?

Quote:
On 2012-04-14 11:50, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
That is 9 Ninjas and 13 Idols if you count the opened ones.

Quote:
On 2012-04-13 19:46, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
That is as ugly as greed can get.

....or....

Quote:
My concept was so simple. Let's help each other out

Quote:
I [...] like to make profits on the spares that I find.

See? All your tortuous and contradicting statements unfortunately take your basic idea ("be kind") ad absurdum.
Furthermore, you almost make a religion out of this simple, right and proper concept (which isn't new, by the way...) and style yourself as the omnipotent sect leader.

The worse thing, though, is that you insult people publicly by debasing them.
Have you thought about that? - You do insult them!
Why?

I know that you don't feel like there's any need for resolving anything with me...
Quote:
On 2012-04-13 18:03, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
I have no intention of resolving anything with you.

...so I'm fully aware that this letter probably won't change a thing.

But - and that's a facet of my way of being kind - I think it would be a fair gesture to at least let you know why you have caused such a controversy.

Make something out of it!

Best regards,
Felix
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
I think AA have just problem which he needs to attract attention to himself, he needs to feel loved, needed interest, need to feel recognized, and all its clumsiness have just designed to attract attention even if done in a very clumsy way.

I think it's more a detress call, not a real intent to harm.

As I tell before, my door will always remain open, and I am always ready to accommodate him if needed and if I can.

I also have some surprises in preparation for the blog to organize a contest and offer a few Tenyo tricks to Tenyo fans. And on my side I would not make any selection as to who is entitled or not to participate and win, and AA will be welcome to try his luck if he wants and I would have no problem to give him a gift if ever he wins.

I was EXTREMELY sad to see that reaction just because I did not respond fast enough to one of his emails, or because I dared to put one of my trick on ebay, I was shocked at the dramatic change between the polite on his mail and the reality of his thought, I was really affected by his negative direct judgments and sliced ​​while he don't know nothing about me and nothing could suggest much hatred behind his smiles. I found it EXTREMELY unfair to dare treat people greedy when you know I've spent thousands of hours to created the blog for all the community, I've never won anything money thanks to this, it was never my goal, that I even refused to put advertising on blog to keep it pleasant to read. I found all this particularly unfair and unjustified, but it does not matter, nobody is perfect, myself included, and this is by causing errors we learn to be better.

I received dozens of email and private message of support, messages from people I do not even know and I want to thank everyone here because it made me much good. At the begining I found so sad that I wanted a moment to wipe the blog and delete everything, but I quickly realized that there was no reason to punish all those who enjoy to share that passion. If I tell hat it it's just to show how it has made ​​me sad. Everyone does not have reacted the same way, some are strong, but some may be injured really just with words, and this is my case, maybe because my life is fragile I am more sensitive I don't know.

I think that there is no more need to add more on his back, AA dealt with it alone and it is clear has not won anything at all, and probably lost a lot.
Anyway, I move on and forget this story and I will stay focused on positive things and all people who bring me some pleasure just by their kindness, help and presence.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Felix and Stereo, although we have never met I have come to consider you friends as a result of our interactions here. When I saw your reputations unfairly being questioned I felt the need to support, that is just part of my DNA.

Like you I was suprised to see this departue in AA's persona that he had been displaying here up to that point. Like many I have enjoyed his enthusiasm for all things Tenyo and have had a couple of pleasant private exchanges in the past.

At the end of the day we are individuals that enjoy talking about clever plastic magic tricks... This should be fun.

John
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
My work speaks for itself and it is possible to be an expert at something but to be out of work. I am a Public School Computer Teacher at the High School level and right now I am not employed. The reason why I am unemployed has not to do with my expertise but due to the fact that I stood up in principle to something that was not right (very similar to what I just did here). Of course when you stand up to people you think are doing wrong, you get viciously attacked and they do their best to disparage your reputation (which is happening here to me, but I can take it). Prior to becoming a full time computer teacher I was a Computer Graphic Designer for 13 years where I ran my own company. I started using Photoshop when it was first introduced and owned a Macintosh since it's inception in 1984. You can see more of my work as well as information about me as a teacher at http://www.funstuffonly.com (click on the apple for teaching info, the magic section will soon be built up with information on my Tenyo collection). I may include articles on how I built my collection so fast.

It would be considered hoarding if I still have all those Ninjas an Idols but I do not. Many have been traded and sold and within a month I will have only two copies of each. One to play with/perform and one to collect. Nicolino, you were offered one of those in trade before I even got them in the door. Remember your "holy grail item." But you offered up just a small part of your list (holding back items you had that were on the list I sent you of items I needed) and overvalued your items and undervalued mine. To me that was not cool and greedy.

I also offered one of each to Stereo in trade. At that time I (we) had no idea that the Ultra Tube would go for so much. I know KillerTweety said his silly price was 295 euros for his so I figured an offer of $400 in merchandise was a good trade since Stereo was intending to sell it on ebay. I though he could send me the Ultra Tube (and make me happy) and sell the Ninja and Idol instead to make the money he needed. Of course if I knew that the Ultra Tube would sell for so much I would have offered him more. The point is he was selling it anyway. By the way Stereo paid around 50 euros for the trick about a year ago from another member which was a very good price at that time. The member did good by him because Stereo wanted it for his collection and the seller wanted to make him happy. A year later Stereo had a chance to pass on the favor to a fellow collector on the Café (me) but that was no where in his mind. My though was that we would help each other even if we didn't get the biggest bang for our buck. By the way, the other member is not happy that he cashed in on what started out as a nice gesture. To me and to the other member Stereo was greedy.

It is not a bad thing to sell something on the auction site. I do it all the time. But my first instinct is to try and sell it here to get it to a member that needs the item and to avoid paying the auction fees. I have never sold anything on the auction site that someone wanted to buy from me. I have always made the deal here even if I got less money.

I have not received dozen of emails in support but have received many about the bad dealing here on the forum and thanking me for the courage to stand up to it. The concept of the Good Tenyo Karma Club was simple. Being kind and working together we can get more for our collections that being greedy and selfish. It is part of everyday life. Teams that work together succeed. If the culture here is about pricing and maximizing profits then the only thing that happens is that member work to get the most money out of other members and there is a lot of bad will. But if we flipped the culture to my idea, then everyone would benefit from good deals and pleasant relationships. It would get contagious and before you know it members would be getting tricks that want without paying inflated prices.

Stereo, Nicolino you are acting like I am some kind of villain spreading bad will and hiding behind a false concept. But it is just the two of you who I have singled out because of my personal interactions. You are the only two that are feeling my wrath. Being called greedy is not the worse thing in the world, but you two are acting as if I did something so horrible to you.

One last though. The fact that the Ultra Tube sold for $791 dollars is the worst thing that could have ever happened. Now prices will continue to skyrocket and it will be very difficult for the new or medium collector to get tricks they would love to have and perform. If you notice, the people who are not concerned with helping others build their collections are those that are close to complete. But somewhere there were people out there that have helped them and they forgot about that. Now as I approach becoming complete I am still very interested in helping others collectors that come after me. Please contact me if you need a trick and I will try my best to get you the trick at a price that is good for both you and me. Not just me.

AA
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2012-04-15 15:50, J M Talbot wrote:
Felix and Stereo, although we have never met I have come to consider you friends as a result of our interactions here. When I saw your reputations unfairly being questioned I felt the need to support, that is just part of my DNA.

Like you I was suprised to see this departue in AA's persona that he had been displaying here up to that point. Like many I have enjoyed his enthusiasm for all things Tenyo and have had a couple of pleasant private exchanges in the past.

At the end of the day we are individuals that enjoy talking about clever plastic magic tricks... This should be fun.

John

Talbot, you're always poking your nose where it doesn't belong, nothing new here. I won't defend anyone, but from my interactions with AA, though I haven't met him either, his reputation is fine by me. When I see the likes of you piling on to add your 2 cents worth of rhetoric, I felt I would offer mine.

You're a Nicolino sycophant so the source should be considered.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
One More Valid Point.

If I were to insist or expect that people not be greedy, then that would be unrealistic.

But Nicolino, Stereo and JM Talbot all freely joined the Tenyo Good Karma Club that I created.

Below is the exact type from the first post I made in the Tenyo Good Karma Club thread.

"... idea of the club. Help others get an item that would really make them happy and in return get your feel good item as well. So if you want to be a part of it, post your "Holy Grail" item here and let's see if we can get it for you."

The three of them posted their Holy grail item and joined the club with their own free will. I guess that they were looking to take advantage of the club to their gain without giving back in return. That is not acceptable to me and the exact opposite of what the club was meant to be.

If you have not joined the club it is not too late but please do so only if you are willing to help as well as be helped. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=258&54

AA
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Single file people... No need to push
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
For your information I don't buy my Ultra tube last year for 50 euros...
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2225 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2012-04-15 16:43, Houdini103126 wrote:
you're always poking your nose where it doesn't belong, nothing new here.
Magic Wagon Secret Sessions thread : Table of contents
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
If someone is not interested in an exchange must learn to accept his decision, you do not know the reason, motivitions, needs, desires, everyone is free. It's not because someone denies you something you should judge that person. I do not see how I would choose the priority to make this exchange with you rather than another, or rather than sell it. The person who bought Ultra tube on ebay was not allowed to have a chance to get this trick? He had to go after you? You think Worth more than this person to imagine that? There are dozens of people on the forum looking for an ultra tube for long time. You are not alone.
I have friends much closer, I know in real life, and looking for a Tube Ultra for long time, yet they were just happy for me, They sent messages of congratulation for making a good sale, and did not find that unfair. The good karma is respect, understanding, not envy, or jealousy, or disappointment. They never imagined that this "Ultra Tube" should be for them to the name of friendship. Imagine that it's already be in total contradiction with the concept of friendship. We do not claim any favor, gift, consideration, we take advantage only when it arrives and we do not expect it.

I have already offered free tricks to people who were helping me, that's it the Good Karma for me, give present for free, not a deal like usual, everyone is free to please the other has, if is to impose it loses all its charm. I have not needed to boast or to make a forum post, I did not have to say, I did it for pleasure, not for recognition. I think there is a real difference to education and value us as we can not reconcile. I make service without expecting anything in return. I do not think priority over anything that is not at me.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
"I have already offered free tricks to people who were helping me... have not needed to boast or to make a forum post, I did not have to say, I did it for pleasure, not for recognition.If you give free tricks but don't need to mention it then why are you "boasting" about it here?"

Isn't that a post where you are boasting about giving free tricks. ???

As far as what you paid for UltraTube and when it was, that is what I was told by the other party. That was his story not mine.

AA
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1451 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2012-04-15 18:56, The Amazing Azzam wrote:
"I have already offered free tricks to people who were helping me... have not needed to boast or to make a forum post, I did not have to say, I did it for pleasure, not for recognition.If you give free tricks but don't need to mention it then why are you "boasting" about it here?"

Isn't that a post where you are boasting about giving free tricks. ???

pff, I think you are irretrievable, or you pretend not to understand or you are really stupid...
When I see you reply about magnet on Melting loop, I think I have my answer.
I stopped there, I'm tired of talking to a wall. A troll exists only if we tell him ...
No hard feelings and good luck, I wish you happiness.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
How did you find out that I am a "really stupid troll," who told you? That was supposed to be a secret. Now no one will like me. Nobody likes trolls.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Letter to Amazing Azzam (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL