The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colin McLeod: Britain got Talent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 19:44, Barry Gitelson wrote:
Cracked me up!

Yes with only 3 minutes he certainly found a way to fill in the cracks!

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 20:15, johncesta wrote:

J

Butt, what could possibly follow that?

Great job!
Sammy J. Teague
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2124 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 19:17, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 15:30, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
A cheap laugh at best.

As we try to change the perception of magic/mentalism for the better along comes a bloke who pulls his trousers down to show his **** on national TV.

Who's we? what role are you playing in changing the perception of magic/mentalism?

Colin, who is one of the guys from here on the Café got a great reaction on a national TV show. He did this with a 3 minute mentalism routine. I mean, how difficult must that be, to come out to a tough audience (they'll chant 'get him off')that doesn't know you and to have them cheering at the end of 3 minutes and get 4 yes votes from the judges. This should be a cause for congratulation but instead we get the usual smattering of bitterness we nearly always get on here.

Remember, this is the entertainment business and he clearly entertained a huge auditorium of thousands in just 3 minutes. Job done.

best,
Sean

Couldn't agree more. We all know (or most of us do) what a brilliant thinker Colin is. And how vast his repertoire is. I guarantee he didn't wake up that morning and say, "I think I'm going to drop my pants." In a competition... ANY competition, the ONLY goal is to "survive and advance". And do it, in this instance, in a VERY limited time frame, particularly for mentalism. He succeeded by winning the crowd and the judges. To accomplish that, he was an ENTERTAINER first; the mentalism was secondary- which is something talked about in depth in another thread in Pennys about what mentalism is missing. Why is Derren Brown where he is? Despite the mystique, there are others with his skill set. But Derren is first and foremost a master showman. At the end of the day, THAT is what puts a mentalist/magician on the map. No one cares if you can n*** w*** or do a CT better than anyone. It's YOU they remember. I'd bet dimes for dollars the audience didn't forget Colin. And, of course, no stooge was necessary (or used).
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
In HIND sight I think it was great!
James

Quote:
On 2012-04-17 20:54, Sammy J. wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 20:15, johncesta wrote:

J

Butt, what could possibly follow that?

Great job!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Let's see YOUR performances Michael. Do you have any?
James

Quote:
On 2012-04-17 13:20, Michael T wrote:
Maybe he is funny like a clown so wears funny clothes and then exposes his a hole.

I rate this performance 3 out of 10. Would have said 2 out of 10 but I like instant stooge.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Cool performance! I don’t remember seeing Simon so stumped as he was there. Smile

Thanks!

Jim
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10725 Posts

Profile of saysold1
No wise cracks - especially from you Barry!

I thought Colin was a little behind at the end, but now I think I got to the bottom of how he did it.

The reveal at the end was just a hoot Smile

Great job - that takes guts man.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 18:55, FrenchDrop wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 16:06, Nechto wrote:
Colin, kudos!! I wish I had your guts, and I mean that like courage, not literallys guts, that would be weird and bloody...

At least you didn't say you wish you had that much cheek....

[edit: ...aaaand, John beat me to the cheek joke. Smile)

A bit slow with your crack there.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
iainmacleod
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of iainmacleod
Great job Colin! Delighted to see a modern take on the presentation of mentalism. Can't wait to see what you have planned next.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Dramatically his performance was excellent. Using the autobiographies of the judges hits their egos and then using the children's book was such a hilarious kicker. Colin's persona is great, just seems like a fun guy you would want to have a coffee with. The shocker ending of his bum was actually a great idea. Shades of Penn and Teller but a bit more raw.

It certainly did not have to be an instant stooge, not that method makes even a bit of difference. I just think it's funny to see all these negative remarks from people whose idea of performing is reading all their ebooks and carrying a nailwriter.

Excellent job Colin!!
James
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Agreed. There is a much easier and less risky method to acheive the same effect rather than IS.

Best
Sean
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1330 Posts

Profile of bond19
Watch and see what he asked A&D to do.. I'm sure he didn't ring in a stooge. Steve Shaw would agree no doubt.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-04-18 09:32, bond19 wrote:
Watch and see what he asked A&D to do.. I'm sure he didn't ring in a stooge. Steve Shaw would agree no doubt.

Love the cryptic post and probably spot on Smile
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2013 Posts

Profile of puggo
Excellent choice of presentation for the format - well done Colin
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
<<"Watch and see what he asked A&D to do.. I'm sure he didn't ring in a stooge. Steve Shaw would agree no doubt.">>

Ooooh! Very clever! Smile

Sorry - just HAD to comment on that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Colin McLeod: Britain got Talent (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL