The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Beer glass effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi all

Apologies for not posting sooner on this thread, The Beer-Glass Effect has this name due to the fact that I am a Bar and nightclub performer and so I thought this name would be appropriate….. Also John Carey suggested this name a while back and I found it quite comical.

The effect itself is a clash of a couple of principles plus a very bold move that seems to drift past laymen and magicians, I wasn’t entirely sure if the move itself would actually fly? But it does and does so very well indeed, with this in mind I set myself the task to create an approach to this great plot…. Hence the beer-glass effect was born.

This effect is not for the meek, in other words and with all my work, it takes great confidence, any lapse or pauses in the presentation would destroy the entire flow of the effect and all would be lost.

I will post more details very soon with regards to the release etc

Thank you for all comments.

All the best

Deception Artist
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 05:33, Rus ANDREWS wrote:
Hi all

Apologies for not posting sooner on this thread, The Beer-Glass Effect has this name due to the fact that I am a Bar and nightclub performer and so I thought this name would be appropriate….. Also John Carey suggested this name a while back and I found it quite comical.

The effect itself is a clash of a couple of principles plus a very bold move that seems to drift past laymen and magicians, I wasn’t entirely sure if the move itself would actually fly? But it does and does so very well indeed, with this in mind I set myself the task to create an approach to this great plot…. Hence the beer-glass effect was born.

This effect is not for the meek, in other words and with all my work, it takes great confidence, any lapse or pauses in the presentation would destroy the entire flow of the effect and all would be lost.

I will post more details very soon with regards to the release etc

Thank you for all comments.

All the best

Deception Artist

Look forward to it!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
This looks cool but if I'm not mistaken Derren has something identical on the Devils Picture Book DVD. I may be wrong of course (have been many times in the past:-)

Peter
Dacodakid
View Profile
Regular user
Marina Del Rey, CA
133 Posts

Profile of Dacodakid
Rus.

How do you do it? Let me know.

dacodakid
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I am very interested in this. Looks great, very direct. One thing that always bugged me about ACAAN in as far as marketing them/demos is the possibility of it not always looking exactly like what you see. Actually, I'm not sure why I'm bring it up now, besides the fact that this is an ACAAN effect, lol.
Any who, I don't actually mind that factor with regards to effect, and I kinda like it sometimes, but t can be a big down point in as far as just trying to sell an ACAAN to magicians, or perhaps selling any effect I guess. It just seems, due to the nature of the effect, with ACAAN it seems to be suspect more often.

Again, really not related to this one in particular, but rather ACAAN in general.

Enough with my tangent, looks great, I'm interested, I like bold.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Ok, I'm kicking myself now, because I JUST got the name.

slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 20:27, gdw wrote:

Kinda like when Phoebe on Friends finally got the pun where she worked, Central Perk.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 22:13, slyhand wrote:
Quote:

Kinda like when Phoebe on Friends finally got the pun where she worked, Central Perk.

Or when she learned that "Pheebs" was an abbreviation of her name, not a general term of endearment that people use with everyone.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-04-20 22:13, slyhand wrote:
Quote:

Oh. My. GOD that's brilliant!

howard0181
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of howard0181
I really like this trick....When can I buy it?

Regards
Howard
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
Rus,
any news about a release date for your Beer Glass Effect?
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
My effect is not complete, and I have said this already on this thread, once I am happy with my method I will release it.

I don't need to prove anything to you, everything I have released has been a worker and people use my material, unlike yourself which is obviously a bedroom magician.

This is the last thing I will post on this matter as this thread is becoming childish.

R
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
The wit of the title of this effect is worth the purchase, lol. I love it (and I don't even drink)!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:

I take it you are joking right ? Or incredibly slow ? No offence but cant see how anyone could miss it , after all the holy grail b-ll we have to go through here at the Café !
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Wow, nanaswan

The guy admitted he felt a little silly about not getting it sooner. (Which we all do sometimes).
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yeah but this is possibly the biggest taboo in card magic ever ! Anyway ok I misjudged the guy but just found it hard to comprehend that's all . Believe me I am the not the sharpest pencil in the case but this had flashing lights and bells on it . Ok sorry to offend Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Beer glass effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL