The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best fabric glue? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dai Hard
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Dai Hard
I'm looking to bond slick synthetics like polyester and/or rayon pretty much permanently. Any suggestions or preferences?
Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Check at your local fabric store. They sell fabric glue, although it just looks like glue stick to me.

I have found an adhesive film for instant mending of clothing, the stuff stick like steel to fabric.

Sewing is the best for fabric, Walmart is selling a beginner sewing machine for $20. It only does a chain stictch, but it is better then glue.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2012-04-19 14:31, wmhegbli wrote:
They sell fabric glue, although it just looks like glue stick to me.

So does Chap Stick. Don't want to get them confused, though. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
I have had great results with Aleene's OK To Wash-it. Dries clear and remains flexible. I got it at the fabric store.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Are you gluing two pieces of fabric to each other or are you trying to cover something with fabric?

If you are gluing fabric to something else 3M Super 77 works well. If gives a tacky surface so you can work fabric around odd shaped items.

Don't know if this is what you're asking about but I've had good results with it.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Best fabric glue? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL