The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I used to do a one ahead non gaffed coins across routine (flying coins, Winged silver)but since my stroke it is not looking as clean as it used to...Does any one know of a good gaff (besides a shell)that can help me with this..I am trying it with the flying coins cups,but it doesn't look or feel as strong to me. And I really do not want to do a 3fly effect, as it is MUCH stronger on the table or in a spectators hands...

I hope I msade sense and explained myself well (or well enough)
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Are you talking about a C/S type of effect, two different colored coins, for the effect? Some of the split type coins may do the trick. Maybe even a SS. Please give us an idea of the walk-through you're doing, want to do. The solution may be as simple as using a C/S coin.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
I developed effects using the "PalmerClip" because of my limited hand mobility. Might wrk for you also.

No gaff -- just a different handling with extraordinary results.

send me a request to gusarimagic@comcst.net
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
Maybe a "flipper" would do the job! Dan Watkins has a very good routine on his DVD "Coin Man Walking" It's a visual coin across in spect. hands.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have you looked at the trick in Hoffmann's More Magic? It might be the first of its kind and from what you've expressed it might serve your needs. If you use the flying coins gaff in addition to the approach in the Hoffmann trick... Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Obsidian52,
there are only a handful of coin gaffs on the market that are easily activated.
- As you mentioned, the "X-Sh..l" is one of them.
- The standard fl..per requires a quirky motion to open the gaff so I would suggest the gravity fl..per. The downside to the fl..per and gravity fl..per is changing out the band if fine tactile finger movements are a challenge for you.
- The new TUC is very easy to open
- spl.t coins can be easy to open if you use mouse tape or better material.
- you may want to try a magnetic ring with a steel core coin if you are use to the technique of one ahead with an extra coin.

I hope this helps.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Well, you helped ME, Cal!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL