We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Magic drawing board (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lady Chanty
View Profile
New user
Nederland
55 Posts

Profile of Lady Chanty
Hi guys,

for my first kids show I'm looking for a magic drawing board from Axtell. Would any of you happen to sell his?
Hope to hear from you Smile

Greetz Chantal
aguiloj
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando, FL
106 Posts

Profile of aguiloj
Look at the animatronics on sale in eBay ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axtell-Handsfree......5wt_1134
Jorge

Learning the Art of Ventriloquism
One Step at a Time
Lady Chanty
View Profile
New user
Nederland
55 Posts

Profile of Lady Chanty
I love it, but this one it is a little to expensive for me. I'm looking for the manual one Smile
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Search SURPLUS MAGIC EXCHANGE on Facebook. There are like 2 or three for sale on the page.
Lady Chanty
View Profile
New user
Nederland
55 Posts

Profile of Lady Chanty
Thanks Kyle^Ravin. I found a magic drawing board here on the magic Café, but I'll keep an eye on 'surplus magic exchange' page on facebook Smile
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
I do the drawing board at birthday shows (no tape-strictly vent) and it really goes over well. I think it holds the children's attention better than the soft puppet boy character I used for years. Often when performing with the boy character, a young child from the audience would seem compelled to come up and repeatedly squeeze the figure's feet, and then escalate it unless I held the figure higher, out of reach.

Admittedly, there could be a similar danger of kids trying to get behind me and the board while I am performing, but surprisingly, that does not happen very often (it helps that I always try to perform with my back to the wall).

The drawing board has "look, don't see," a classic of child entertainment psychology built into it, where the face's eyes move and the performer pretends not to notice it. I think that's what helps hold the kids' attention. That and the fact that the anticipation builds up where they want you to erase the face's mouth at the end.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
773 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I use the Axtell Magic Drawing Board. I have a question. For those of you who have switched to the electronic version, is the effect THAT MUCH stronger.

It seems like a lot of money and it is cool, but to the layman (or child) is it that much better?
The pirate to the left is Professor Q.B.

ProfessorQB.com

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
The electronic version makes the prop seem more like magic, but I doubt that it makes the entertainment value that much stronger. Admittedly, I don't think the handheld version is really that amazing or hard to figure out, but the entertainment is built in. It depends on whether you want to present it more as a magic trick or as a ventriloquial item.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3268 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
MagicalArtist;

Your correct, if you’re an adult and you see the board, the handheld version is not really hard to figure out”, but if you’re a 3 to 5 year old kid, it’s magical and funny and entertaining; but the board is also used in adult shows first-rate results; it may be easy to figure out, but it works.
creativemac
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
834 Posts

Profile of creativemac
Here's what I sent Axtell, when I used my Remote Drawing Board for the FIRST TIME;

Awesome!! Fantastic!! Amazing!! How did you do that???

Those were the words I heard from the "ADULTS" after performing with the Remote Drawing Board Saturday at an anniversary party. The kids were speechless, just simply amazed...I set up the board and told the audience I recently joined a drawing class and wanted to attempt to draw the husband. After I finished drawing my crude attempt, a response from the audience was, "I should keep going to class."

When the eyes moved and the board starting speaking, eyes went a popping and mouths agasping. Closed the routine with the board singing a song to the wife. Most likely they heard the applause across the street.

I plan to use a 5-7 minute routine with the board in all of my shows to ensure "Woody & Friends" are remembered.

Seen shows where it's the same reaction when the manual board.
Donald Woodford

"Invite a Dummy, to your next function."
http://www.woodynfriends.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Magic drawing board (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL