The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Jason England's Tabled Riffle Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NFS
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of NFS
Just a heads up - I know many of you would be interested in this.

http://www.theory11.com/tricks/tabled-fa......land.php
"A gambler without a system is as a ship without a compass."
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Looks great, might have to purchase it. Does anyone already have it? I have no doubts that it is excellent work, Jason has quite the reputation (the Founder's series was excellent!).
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I already have it. It's great. You should buy it...twice.

I need to point out to anyone that has purchased it, that I mis-credit Ed Marlo with a method for controlling ins and outs with the tabled faro. The proper credit should go to Charlie Miller. The method involves faro shuffling on top of another card for those of you familiar with the idea.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
LoïcJ.
View Profile
New user
France
83 Posts

Profile of LoïcJ.
I'm very impress by your push through during a faro table. I knew this solution if we do some mistakes. But, in your hand, it's very smooth. When I try to do a push through, there isn't a lot of air between cards. Even on a "good" surface, I need a little group of card to the bottom (maybe 5 or 6) to facilitate the action of pushing the cards. With a faro table (where there are only one or two cards to the bottom), I find it's hard to do a push through. I have to work, and work again...

Congrats for this video.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I actually put a feather onto the table to remind me not be so heavy handed when I am learning something new.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Quote:
On 2012-04-26 09:09, LoïcJ. wrote:
I'm very impress by your push through during a faro table. I knew this solution if we do some mistakes. But, in your hand, it's very smooth. When I try to do a push through, there isn't a lot of air between cards. Even on a "good" surface, I need a little group of card to the bottom (maybe 5 or 6) to facilitate the action of pushing the cards. With a faro table (where there are only one or two cards to the bottom), I find it's hard to do a push through. I have to work, and work again...

Congrats for this video.

Part of this could be due to the increased amount of friction between the cards. Sure, not having a bed hinders a push through shuffle, but can still be done. With a perfect faro you'll end up with 26 cards touching each other, making it difficult to execute the shuffle. With a push through shuffle setup, you'll have maybe 13-17 blocks of cards, thereby reducing the amount of friction.
LoïcJ.
View Profile
New user
France
83 Posts

Profile of LoïcJ.
Exactly ! you explain the problem better than me ^^
jfquackenbush
View Profile
Special user
Out here on the desert
607 Posts

Profile of jfquackenbush
I have never been disappointed by Mr. England's releases. This is no exception. between this and martin nash's beyond I think I might finally get this move down.
Mr. Quackenbush believes that there is no such thing as a good magic trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Jason England's Tabled Riffle Shuffle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL