The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » I did it! ( Aronson Stack ) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
It took me about three weeks to learn the Aronson Stack. But I did it! I can't
wait to put it in my show.
Eric Richardson
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Eric Richardson
Congratulations!
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
You've just taken your first steps into a whole new world. You won't regret it. Congratulations!
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Congratulations!! Spread it around everywhere to help other people. Since years I'm continuing to tell people maximum 1 hour per day for 4 weeks and it's done (for ever). Most don't believe and give up as they think it's too much work. Shame if you compare how much a true musician has to practice...

That says something about the state of our art, or better about the state of many people trying our art... And then they are so many trying to invent a substitute for the MD (without trying it in the first place, not seeing its huge advantage against all other "methods") wasting a lot of time in doing so (and there are also "big names" amongst these people...), actually more time they would need to learn it. Crazy world Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Quote:
On 2012-04-22 04:22, JanForster wrote:
Congratulations!! Since years I'm continuing to tell people maximum 1 hour per day for 4 weeks and it's done (for ever).

Thanks guys,

JanForster, You are right. That is how I did it.
mindexplorer
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mindexplorer
Congratulations are in order. Now you get to choose which false shuffles to use with it. This will not only make it more convincing, but will increase your confort level about it not being detected. I realize that someone may come on here and tell us that we shouldn't run when we are not being chased (shuffles aren't necessary), but sometimes you just feel better when you run.
megaspin88
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of megaspin88
False cuts should do the job as well. If not then keep an identical deck handy and do a deck switch.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Mindexplorer, and megaspin88,

I already do false shuffles and cuts with my Sam The Bell Hop. I will add these to the Aronson Stack also.
This is going to be fun! Now, I have to buy some books on how to use the Stack. The first trick I did last night was the Invisible Deck.

Greg
megaspin88
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of megaspin88
@bluesman. Mnemonica is a very good book although it uses a different stack. But there are tricks in there which I'm suppose can be used with your stack.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
That's a different thing... but for sure most of the routines are stack independent... and the strongest anyway. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
mindexplorer
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mindexplorer
Just look over the last 10 topics or so in this forum and you'll be suprised at the number and variety of resources available both for the Aronson stack and for stack independent work.
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of plungerman
Congrats on the achievement and all, but I'm coming up short on the MD used in the Invisible Deck. A little help?

Do make a habit of practicing on any and all integers you see anywhere. Makes waiting for a light to change a thrill.

P
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi plungerman

I've sent you a PM.

Michael
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Plungerman, have you memorized the AS?
Magic is a vanishing art.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I just memorized the Mnemonica deck. Now doing a LOT of reading to learn some routines!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
Plungerman,
Arrange your invisible deck in memorized order. All odd stack values face up, and all even stack values face down. Then just know the orientation of your deck in the card case, and you now can confidently reveal the named selection because you know precisely where it is in the deck.
Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Or you could do the Aronson routine Invisible Card from Try The Impossible with a normal (stacked) deck and get much the same effect.
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi plungerman

I agree with Landmark, Aronson's Invisible Card is an excellent effect which I use all the time. It' inexplicable to a lay audience.

All the best

Michael
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I'm surprised that Harry Lorayne hasn't jumped in here and pointed out that he teaches you how to memorize a deck in a few minutes in many of his books.

But three weeks is just fine. There is much to learn about memorized decks and I've written an article with a collection of my thoughts on the topic. It's on my website. Just go to http://www.loomismagic.com and at the top of the home page click on the "Memorized Deck Articles" and when you get to that page click on article 14. I rewrote the piece a bit for the June, 2010 issue of MUM magazine. My article is followed by some great thoughts on increasing your proficiency with a mem deck written by Mike Close.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Dennis, Thank you for the link. VERY nice Website!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » I did it! ( Aronson Stack ) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL