The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help Needed with an Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
OK - not technical help, but plot help. And maybe this effect doesn't need a change, I'm not sure.

In the middle of my act, I have a volunteer come up and I give her a set of jumbo ESP cards to study - so she will know the kinds of impressions she might receive, etc.

I have audience members pick ESP cards from the jumbo cards that I hold and the volunteer is able to name them, sight unseen. I repeat this for three cards.

Then, an attempt a clarvoyance. A spectator mixes my cards and the cards remain face-down on my palm. The spectator now is asked to focus on the top card - she names it - and is correct. This is repeated twice more, and the FINAL card is also named (bit of comedy relief).

Question to the Court: Does this routine need a "kicker" ending? If so, what would you suggest? Is it fine as-is? It works OK as-is...but have it in the middle of my act as I feel it is not as strong as the other things in the act. Always looking to strenghten the effects.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
mrfluffy
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mrfluffy
Don't know but a PM with the handling would go down a treat. (cheeky I know).
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4857 Posts

Profile of landmark
Maybe you can do something with that Final Card. Perhaps it now has the spec's name written on it instead of the ESP symbol?

Jack Shalom
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
296 Posts

Profile of asmayly
I was thinking you would be using 5 ESP cards (sounds like there's 4 ...). But if you did, and the last half of the routine was done 3 times, you would have 2 cards left. With 2 cards in each hand, you could flip those around showing that they are the other 2 and at the same time you have nice stance for an applause cue.

Maybe you could pm me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help Needed with an Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL