The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » I decided to go the Maher Course (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aussie
View Profile
Special user
Australia
623 Posts

Profile of Aussie
I learnt vent many years ago, but then "life" took over and ventriloquism took a back seat for a while. Now of course with Cody by my side I have taken it back up and although I have re-learnt a lot from the likes of Steve Taylor and others I have decided to take the longer route and do the Maher Course. I guess I have been putting it off because I'm the kind of guy who likes to learn in an instant Smile but with limited resources and networking opportunities here in Australia perhaps it's time to trust in the reputation of this course and give it a try.
Australia's Most Original Ventriloquist

http://www.ladymaceentertainment.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Great choice!!!
Mister Mystery
dolltalker
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of dolltalker
I used it as a refresher course after being away from vent for over 20 years. It's wonderful and Clinton Detweiler is always available to help you. You made exactly the right decision.
Good Luck!

Tom Farrell
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I can also recommend Tom Crowl's online course as a terrific course either as a refresher or for beginners.
Check out http://www.learn-ventriloquism.com
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1105 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Quote:
On 2012-04-24 12:07, Neale Bacon wrote:
I can also recommend Tom Crowl's online course as a terrific course either as a refresher or for beginners.
Check out http://www.learn-ventriloquism.com

+1
MagicalArtist
View Profile
Veteran user
Hobart, Indiana
373 Posts

Profile of MagicalArtist
The venerable Maher course is an old standby. Its contents are huge and you can hardly go wrong with it.
Aussie
View Profile
Special user
Australia
623 Posts

Profile of Aussie
Quote:
On 2012-04-24 22:57, MagicalArtist wrote:
The venerable Maher course is an old standby. Its contents are huge and you can hardly go wrong with it.

Yea that's what I thought so that's why I bought it. I'm looking forward to it's arrival.

tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Aussie -
Maher Course is a great purchase! The course was one of the best two learning investments I ever made, the other being private lessons. I highly suggest you follow the course as intended - start to finish, and master each step before you move on to the next.

I appreciate Neale and Bob for recommending my online course, and to Clinton Detweiler for his recent blog comment that my course "may well be the major vent instruction program of the future"

I offer five free lessons that cover breathing, tongue exercises, puppets, creating a voice and adding vocal expression to your character. There is also a bonus article on "key phrases". If you haven't seen it, feel free to sign up at: http://www.learn-ventriloquism.com There is no obligation, and you may find the info helpful when you start to work on your skills with Maher.

As you go through the Maher Course, if you have any questions or need help, please ask. The main thing is that you learn the art properly and are successful when you perform.

Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Aussie
View Profile
Special user
Australia
623 Posts

Profile of Aussie
Hey Tom,

I've signed up for your course (BenVee), thanks for the info and for pm'ing me.

Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Tom Crowl
If you had anything to do with Terry Fator's career, you undoubtedly have the worlds best course. I remember watching AGT and when Mr. Fator's vent turtle friend and him sang a duet of Louie Armstrong's, It's a Wonderful World, in Armstrong's voice, I was so overcome with emotion. I was hoping Mr. Fator would win and when he did, it was one of my best days.
I had a Jerry Mahoney when I was a kid in the 50s, that is as far as I went. If I wasn't 74 I would take your course in a second. And thanks for giving us, Terry Fator.
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
No. I had nothing to do with the careers or success of Terry, Jeff or Jay.

They are pictured on my site only because they are social proof that ventriloquism has reached an all time high - one the highest grossing touring comic, one a Las Vegas headliner and one a Tony Award winner.

Each has made a major contribution to how ventriloquism is seen today. If anything - it is I who thank them for elevating the art.

Tom

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Aussie
View Profile
Special user
Australia
623 Posts

Profile of Aussie
So I received the Maher course in the mail today and will start putting it to good use.

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Tom,
Do you offer your lessons on DVD? There's no way to contact you through learn-ventriloquism.com. No contact form, no phone number or email.

It's a huge pain logging in each day (now the site says I don't have the right log in info...and I've only done one lesson!) I can't log in to see what lesson two is.

I'm looking for a simple way to learn, but I just want a DVD or something I can download, not a website I have to log in to each day.

Thanks,
Kevin
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Kevin -
Did you get my e-mail? If not, check your spam folder.

If your computer accepts cookies - the best way to access my site is to stay logged in. That way you can simply click the e-mail links to go to the lessons without logging in each time. (I agree, logging in each time would be a pain - so stay logged in!!!)

If you check at the bottom of my main page - you'll find a footer bar with links on it. Those pages contain my contact info for the site = which is info@learn-ventriloquism.com . I also include the contact information in each email that goes out.

To log into the site - go to:
http://www.learn-ventriloquism.com/news/

In the right hand menu, under Members, click the log in link. Once you enter your username and password, you'll find your lessons appear under the Free Lesson heading in the top navigation bar. Just move your mouse there and available lessons will appear in the drop down.

I purposely did not create a DVD. There are dozens of them out there. My course is time released to give you a chance to work on the skills and build. A DVD usually gets watched beginning to end and most people skip the important stuff because it isn't lip control or puppets. The basic skills in the free lessons are vital to creating clean labials later on.

If you are looking for a DVD - my course isn't for you. If you are looking for detailed teaching with easily reviewed video and teacher/student interaction - which is offered through the members forum - then I hope you will log in and take a good look around. Clinton Detweiler, publisher of the Maher course, has called my course the future for teaching ventriloquism. Terry Fator made the site an affiliate of his VentHaven Scholarship. I hope you will give it another chance. Learning to use this site may take a few moments, but I guarantee it is worth the effort or your money back after the first ten lessons.

Tom

PS - If anyone on the forum who has taken my course has any comments on it - or thoughts on how to improve the site, I'm always open to your input. My goal is to provide the best course possible to help people learn the art properly.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Tom,
Thanks for the reply. I got the email. I also found the contact info, it was listed in the "Privacy Policy" link.

My computer doesn't accept cookies (I have strict privacy settings turned on) so that's probably why I have to log in each time.

Thanks,
Kevin
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Kevin, Tom's course is great and I already completed the maher course. Tom when is the newest section going to be ready? I've been in the hospital for the past 2 months so kinda been out of touch..
Bill
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Kevin, Tom's course is great and I already completed the maher course. Tom when is the newest section going to be ready? I've been in the hospital for the past 2 months so kinda been out of touch..
Bill
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Bill
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Bill -
Three posts - wow - you must really like the course! Didn't realize you were out of action - hope all is better. Check under the Master Class heading - the script writing course is up and running.
Tom

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » I decided to go the Maher Course (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL