The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is this useful in Cold Reading? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4407 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Christian Chelman's "Zodiac" can be found in his excellent bizarrist book, "Capricornian Tales."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Lesault
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Lesault
Thanks Philemon - another book for my collection!
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
It GREATLY helps in cold reading when you get a definite hit. That's how I do my cold reading - I use information about them that are definite (I may have acquired it through billet work or through mere observation.) then after revealing such definite information I then proceed to the cold stuffs. It boosts up their tendency to percieve biasly and selectively.

Alel
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2587 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Wow, this must be in the history books as the oldest ever ressurected thread on the Café - I make it just under 6 years old!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Back when a guy was here that started with dyna and ended with mike he made a constant habbit of digging up old threads. I think he dug back as far as possible. Like the first day the pennys section was open.

Anywho. I have no idea what day of the week I was born on. I find it hard to believe that many do.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I think it is a great thing to add, but you should follow it up with, "I'm an excellent driver."
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 11:52, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
I think it is a great thing to add, but you should follow it up with, "I'm an excellent driver."

LOL!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2008-04-17 04:16, Alel wrote:
It GREATLY helps in cold reading when you get a definite hit. That's how I do my cold reading - I use information about them that are definite (I may have acquired it through billet work or through mere observation.) then after revealing such definite information I then proceed to the cold stuffs. It boosts up their tendency to percieve biasly and selectively.

Alel

George Carlin talks about this kind of behavior where people bring up non-sequiters, in his most recent HBO special: "It's All B~!! $#*%, and It's Bad For You".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Is this useful in Cold Reading? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL