The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FFFF (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Is there a list of attendees?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
If you are attending this year, you should have gotten a list and schedule from Glen Brown.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Richard, I wish I WAS attending; that I'd be worthy to attend. Alas, I am mainly curious of the Who's Who who will have a rollicking good time.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Usually, there is not a list posted of attendee's but you can find out who the performers are for each 4F convention by visiting the 4F website. http://www.ffffmagic.com
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Jimmy,
As you know, there's generally a pretty good post-mortem writeup of who did what following the conclusion of each convention. And the Guest of Honor is already booked out several years in advance. But Obie tends not to disclose in advance who'll be lecturing. At least not on the website.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Right, but after the fact, you can find out who performed at this years convention.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
And I know A few People will be putting up Pic's On there sites! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I once bitterly whined about Joan C. of the IBM for her support of FFFF and the splashy coverage it receives in The Linking Ring- because it is a CLOSED convention by invitation ONLY. I love close up magic, am a great fan of it, supporter of it, and constantly amazed by it. But alas, I too will never "make the grade" and be invited to FFFF because I am a mere old fashioned amateur that keeps the brick and mortar shops in business, the Rings coffers paid up to date with dues, and the payer of several annual convention fees. Viva Abbott's- Open to One and All! I love Opie, nicest guy on the planet, but sure would love to see the venue enlarged and opened up to mere mortals who want to enjoy the great close up.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Whoops, sorry, Obie. Will be looking forward to seeing him at Abbott's at least Smile I feel like Atom3339 above... my money will be spent in wonderful Colon again this year.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-05-01 17:42, MagicBus wrote:
I too will never "make the grade" and be invited to FFFF because I am a mere old fashioned amateur that keeps the brick and mortar shops in business, the Rings coffers paid up to date with dues, and the payer of several annual convention fees.

MagicBus:
Respectfully, I disagree. A clear majority of those who attend FFFF are old-fashioned amateurs who spend their money at brick and mortar shops, belong to Rings and Assemblies, and attend several conventions annually. The full-time professionals are only a minute portion of the group. "Making the grade" at 4F has everything to do with being sponsored by two people who are already attendees, willing to vouch for you and your level of performance. "Making the grade" has everything to do with performing at a high level in front of "names" whose work you've studied for years; it can be highly nerve-wracking. But if you "make the grade," there's no better feeling in the world, especially to an old-fashioned amateur.
Cheers,
Steve

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
No problem, enjoy. This is magic, not world politic or cancer research, I guess I am kinda a financial magical elitist too since we (my wife and I) just signed up for a nice "magic cruise"- and greatly looking forward to that Smile
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Bus,
That will be fantastic. Please give us a full report when you get back....and I hope it's not like the last one, where the power died and the boat had to be towed back into port!
Cheers,
Steve

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Geez, thanks for reminding me... I hope not either. Lightning never strikes twice, does it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FFFF (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL