The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Waking Hypnosis - Locking Hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dyddanwy
View Profile
Regular user
Chester. UK
108 Posts

Profile of dyddanwy
Majhra, Shrink, TruthML... et al

Superb use of linguistic deception - cunning. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Jack Smile
~ ~
hmk
View Profile
New user
uk
68 Posts

Profile of hmk
On stage among a large audience only so many people in the audience will be able to 'lock hands',similar in a way to psychological forcing a given colour etc..you cannot expect it to work with everyone.those who do 'lock' are therefore asked onto the stage.
good luck.
hmk
Tantrik
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Tantrik
Hi, Brent.

First, I would agree very strongly with Lee.

Second, and what nobody else has mentioned, is that what you do BEFORE hypnosis is as important, or more so, than what you do to hypnotize.

If you say "I've been studying hypnosis for a bit and I'd like to try something," people will think you are an amateur, someone playing at hypnosis, and not pay close attention to what you are saying.

If you say, "I have been a student of hypnosis for many year, am certified by the National Guild of Hypnotists (the largest such organization in the world) and have demonstrated hypnosis to thousands of people," your audience will pay close attention.

As Blair said, the handlock is on a fundamental level of hypnosis. With training you should be able to get most people--especially in a group--to do this. Also, after you have made suggestions that the arms are firmly in place and the hands are glued together, etc., when you suggest separation, be sure to use the word "try" (as Shrink pointed out). The word try implies potential failure. Feed that with sayings like "No matter how hard you try, know that you can't pull them apart until you are sure you can't pull them apart." This seeming nonsense is a double bind (they can't pull them apart until they're sure they can't pull them apart) that confuses the mind and makes it easier to stay in the current position.

Be sure to release the suggestion ("And now relax, allow your hands to separate as you return to normal").

Also, the tone of voice is important. As you build up, increase the intensity and tension in your voice (not the volume). This will help, too.

Keep practicing--you'll get it!

Don...certified by the National Guild of Hypnotists and the American Board of Hypnotherapy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Waking Hypnosis - Locking Hands (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL