The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Joshua Jay LIVE: Monday May 7th @9:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
I have have seen many of the Penguin Live lectures. They are a tremendous value. This might be their best live lecture yet. Don't miss it.

Terry
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Hope it will not be a already hundred times seen lecture with just the split card or timeless in it
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
He will be including newer material. Take the plunge. You'll get your moneys worth.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Toberman is it more than cards?
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
I can't answer that. Hopefully Josh will see this and address your question.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Best three coin vanish sequence I've ever seen.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I second that Eric...awesome...I've enjoyed all the lectures I've bought and gotten my money's worth. That being said it seems the headliners are playing to an audience with the notion they've never seen a DVD or anything of there's...as an old timer it's disappointing to see some "classics"
unless there are refinements...IMHO
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It's TONIGHT!!!!!!!!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
So how was it for those that attended?

What did Josh go over?

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Fantastic. Best of the four Penguin lectures I've attended thus far. The first trick he taught was from his one man show and was unbelievable. Well worth the money and then some. He saved the three coin sequence for last and I still say it's the best vanish of the final coin I've ever seen.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
The Hitchcock trick from his one man show, the card in envelope and the three coin sequence were worth the lecture for me alone. Fantastic lecture.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Very good lecture with a great mix of tricks and more general conversation about magic, learning, Josh's injury, his new one-man show, developing presentations, etc. The lecture ran just over three hours, and I caught about two thirds of it (will watch the rest on download). The Hitchcock card trick was a highlight. Other tricks taught were "Timeless," "Cornered" (with a new, restored bill ending), some material from his Talk about Tricks DVD ("Any Card at Any Page Number," the three-phase Oil and Water, and Miumph), the ace-cutting/color changing deck routine that he uses with the Prism deck (although you can use any differently-colored deck). There was another ace-cutting routine, Josh's Bluff Control, a color change, the card in envelope piece and the three-coin sequence and probably one or two other things I'm not remembering. Picture and sound were great throughout, and the lecture had a relaxed, intimate vibe.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks for recap Bug.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
It really was an amazing lecture! As Josh said himself at the outset - he would do a lecture featuring tricks HE really wanted to do rather than a lecture that included tricks that he had to do to cater for beginners or dealer items at to fit time constraints. So what we lucky viewers got was a real eclectic and thoroughly entertaining 'mixed bag' of genuine workers - interspersed with nuggets of advice, anecdotes and a genuine sense of who Josh Jay really is.. And he comes across as this supremely talented and extremely pleasant young man!

All the Penguin lectures have been fantastic as all the lecturers were down-to-earth and came across as if they were just having an intimate session with their friends. some of you may criticize this medium saying we should watch lectures live where the atmosphere is so much better. Well for a magician in Hong kong, we don't get access to too many of these working pros - although we have been graced with Aldo Colombini, Franz Harary among the present Penguin Lecturers. For me, I actually prefer these online lectures as I can watch them very close up and review them later through unlimited downloads. At live lectures, often the lecturer has to do many items with the constraints Josh mentioned above. Also, we need to put up with distractions and these amateurs (and sadly some pros too) talking and juggling with their cards and coins throughout - not to mention mobile phones and cameras!

So all in all, I'm very happy that Acar and Penguin Magic have come up with this extremely affordable series of lectures - as Spock said on Star Trek - Live Long and Prosper!
C.J.Magic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of C.J.Magic
The opening trick Joshua performed, "Hitchcock, made me swear out loud. Easily worth the price of the lecture. It's good that no one has described it, because that would ruin it for those that haven;t see it yet.. I was so surprised that he taught it. It would have been like teaching Blizzard instead of marketing it.

And then there were those 3 coins………….
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Joshua Jay LIVE: Monday May 7th @9:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL