The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One handed flourish effect ?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

idreamz
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of idreamz
I've seen many people do this flourish but what is it called?

Basically, it's mostly done with one hand only. The person cuts the deck, and with a flick, a card flies out and he catches it.

I was thinking of a good flourish to flick the top card over to my other hand would enhance it much better than just turning the top card over (to reveal a card etc).

Thanks

[Edit: I found out the name, Hot Shot Cut]
[Edit: Could anyone teach me? I'd really like to learn it. Thank you Smile]
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Actually, I'm still trying to get down the hot shot cut, but from what Jordini told me, you'll be shooting out the bottom card. So control the chosen card to the bottom first. I'm still not getting the shoot right, but practice, practice, practice...
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
If you go to michal mystic's site he teaches his version of it "the easy hot" I believe. But being that is password restricted I am not allowe to give it to you. You can contact him though for permission.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
rooooony
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of rooooony
I cant seem to get into his site, does anyone have his email?

dominic
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I don't know where you can learn the hot shot cut, but Rodney Reyes has a version of the top card shooting off during his trick called Glock 52, on the School of Hardknocks. Unfortunatly, he spends like.....3 seconds (literally) on the move, but I figured it out anyway.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
idreamz
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of idreamz
Hmm does anyone have an instructional video or similar for download?

:banana: Smile Smile
Why is the cucumber dancing slower?
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I think the hot shot cut is on one of Daryl's DVDs/videos - but I'm not sure which one.
Mark
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
It's also in AOA 3 I believe.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
rooooony
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of rooooony
I beleive the hot shot cut is in volume 8 of adryls card sleights, and somewhere in paul Harrisart of astonishment, I think, but I heard the paul Harris description is difficult to learn from, at least from the people I have met.

dominic
AndreasLund
View Profile
New user
Denmark
37 Posts

Profile of AndreasLund
You can also learn it from Greg Wilsons Card Stunts, if I remember correctly ...

ANdreas
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
You can learn it on Sankey volume 1 also. It is just a knack thing, and now that I have the move down, I think to myself - "How the hell did I struggle with this" Any advice mail me at twentypasttwo@yahoo.com I will be more than glad to help.
La magie, c'est ma vie
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
OH GOSH!!!! Glock 52 is the WORST trick I've ever SEEN!! However, the top card/shoot move is pretty coolaroosky. HAHAHA. I just realized that I was responding to something I wrote. That's quite ironic. Anyway, learn the hotshot cut whichever way you can. It's the best. A flourish....and a trick, all in one.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Is there a difference between teh Snowshoe Cut and the Hotshot cut? In TVBO Jay Sankey volume 1, in Diehard Opener, he describes what he does as teh Snowshoe Cut, but it looked like the Hotshot cut. (BTW he did it TERRIBLY, terribly. Sankey is just not as good at technical stuff as he is in his presentation and performance.) I was wondering if there was a difference between the two because they both seem very similar? (according to waht Jay sankey did and described in TVBO Jay Sankey Volume 1)

AoA book 3 has a simplified version of the hotshot cut but frankly the cut looks terrible. the original is still teh best and can be found in Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights Volume 8. Dante King has an "EZ" version of the Hotshot Cut using the Stretch Cut instead which I commonly use in place of the original cut.

The description from AoA book 3 is easy to understand. The cut itself isn't difficult but it looks horrible though. The original still looks the flashiest and the best.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
bjiamin
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bjiamin
Top shot by Lennart Green. check it out
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
You can learn some card shots here.. Smile

http://www.geocities.com/mvvenrooij/cardshooting.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » One handed flourish effect ?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL