The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Party Planning Guide (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
A while ago, I purchased a "Party Planning Guide" written by the Café's own "dearwiseone". I must say that it is an excellent value! It is a great "value-added" tool to provide for the parents that hire you. It gives great advice and guidelines...and subtly helps you have a great show!

I would highly recommend this product to anyone doing birthday party shows!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Looks interesting, I may get it.

This one right? http://www.magicpartyplanningguide.com/
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Seadog,
That's the one. Several people had talked about putting together their own so I thought I'd provide one. It's a fantastic little ebook, perfect for customizing to your particular market/needs. If nothing else, the ebook gives you some custom content you can put on your site, etc. There are a few "bonuses" included (activity sheets, printable magic wands, etc.) plus some great marketing tips included too!

Thanks! - Kevin
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would like to use it as a blog. The only disadvantage is other magicians might be using it as a blog already.
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1166 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Thanks for pointing this out. Great for just $9!

Mark
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I have been away from magic for way to long. So much info out there for us now. This looks like a great idea. I am ordering mine this Friday. I am just getting back into kid shows and I want to utilize all the ideas I can find. That's why I love the Café', most magicians willing to do a lot to save the rest of us time. It is very inexpensive and I like that we can alter it if needed for our act and print them out. Thanks for the book, I look forward to getting it as soon as I pay on Friday.

Thank you

Steven True
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Glad you guys like it! Kevin gives GREAT service, as well. I think he might have some other products available as well.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Dynamike - As with similar "instant author" products, the party planning guide really works best when you customize it to fit your market. A little bit of tweaking and changing things can make it different enough to suit your style. You can choose what words you wish to optimize and just put those in. It's a complete party planning guide as is, but it serves just as well as an outline or framework for you to put your own ideas into to personalize it.

Mark - You should have received it, let me know if you have any questions!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2012-05-01 12:43, dearwiseone wrote:
Dynamike - As with similar "instant author" products, the party planning guide really works best when you customize it to fit your market. A little bit of tweaking and changing things can make it different enough to suit your style. You can choose what words you wish to optimize and just put those in. It's a complete party planning guide as is, but it serves just as well as an outline or framework for you to put your own ideas into to personalize it.

Thanks for letting me know.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Do you sell this book to mom's that hire you for a party?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Sorry that this is off topic, but I haven't been around for a bit...

Al, I love your logo!
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
765 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Dearwiseone has done a great job with this. I love it. I'll have to take a little time to personalize it. Also the marketing advice he provides on how to use it is really good. The $9 investmet was waaaaaay worth it. --MD

http://www.magicpartyplanningguide.com/
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Seadog
Scott Evans logo's are all over the little darlings, and his prices are quite reasonable too.

I already have an instant author magic trick book, and an instant author joke book. What is the purpose for this party planner?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
This is something you can provide to those who hire you. It is a value-added service. It helps them plan a succesful party.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Michael and Mike - Thanks for the kind words.

Here's a few thoughts:
Put them on a table at the back of the room during library shows, school shows, charity shows, etc. Very often I'll have several moms pick them up during the show (either as they come in, or those moms who are in the back taking care of crying babies, etc.) and then talk to me about their child's birthday after the show.

Take a stack of them to your local party store, where they can hand them out.

Offer them as a free giveaway (you can even send them...very cheaply) as a "free report" type of thing for signing up on you email list/fan club, etc.

The party planning guide is just that...a guide to helping people plan successful birthday parties. Of course, you can (and should!) also use the guide to promote yourself and book shows.

Roger "Skip" Way here on the Café is an expert at this, you can explore some past posts on the Café where he's talked about some of it. They can be a very, very powerful form of marketing! It's especially true because on the surface, you're not just marketing your magic show. You're simply giving away a birthday planning guide. All parents have to plan birthdays, even if they're not thinking of hiring an entertainer, or maybe they have another entertainer in mind. Through the course of reading the book, you may be able to convince them that you are the right choice for entertainment!

In the end, it's just another trick up the sleeve. Distributing party planning guides on it's own won't book you tons of shows, but it is something of value you can offer potential clients.

If nothing else, you might get a few tips from it that you can use in helping clients plan the very birthday parties you're entertaining at! They'll often look to you as the expert so the more you know about birthday parties, the more solutions you'll be able provide, which makes you a solutions provider!

Best Wishes,
Kevin
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1326 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I've been searching for such a resource, but all the above links are dead and google search doesn't help. Any suggestions?
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Create your own?
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7377 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This is the current link to Kevin's website:

http://www.prestothemagician.com/contact/

The only Instant Author product I can find on there right now, is his Magic Tricks Booklet license, which he also offered to magicians:

http://www.prestothemagician.com/booklet/

But yes, he did offer a Party Planner Guide License at one time, 6 years ago.

- Donald

P.S. According to an easy search, dearwiseone's last post on the Magic Café was in October 2015 (3 years ago), so he's probably not around here any more (sending a PM wouldn't be a good way to connect).
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I love it. I still have it listed on my website.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Party Planning Guide (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL