The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Where can I buy good marionettes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

robholland
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of robholland
I saw some really cool movies on youtube with marionettes that can open their mouths / eyes and do very funny stuff. Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPBm8I7ho......embedded

Does anyone know where to buy such puppets?
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
This puppet was built and performed by Scot Land (you can google or imdb him).
To obtain a puppet like this; you would need to get it custom built (or if you have the know how; one could built it oneself)
Even though it looks like it has ALL the bells and whistles, I am guessing that this puppet was designed very specifically to only do what it actually does..
So when getting a puppet built - decide on exactly the movements you want.. Otherwise it can get too cluttered with too many extraneous animations/strings.
Building a puppet like this would not be that expensive in actual materials; but it would cost an arm and a leg in time.. There are some good books on subject; but it is a difficult art. To get it built by a puppet builder - it would cost quite a bit. Like a several thousand dollar illusion - when in the right hands; it can very much be worth the cost.. Having a custom piece that nobody else does, doing something original, etc.
Damien
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Great advice! And then, of course, there are the thousands of hours of practice and honing to make the routine seem effortless.

Bob
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
My friend Frankie, (ID: maps), is an expert in building marionettes.

He can build really good marionettes for you, if you are interested. PM him in this forum.

Or, I guess, he will reply to this thread very soon. Smile
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
I agree that Scott Land makes fantastic marionettes Smile

I also agree that Frankie (maps) from
Singapore also makes fantastic marionettes, in fact I have 6 of his creations.  :)

I also have one Fred Cowan marionettte and it's also very nice.
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
robholland
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of robholland
Thanks for all advice! Smile
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
I also agree about Frankie. I have three of his marionettes and they are fantastic!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Puppet Hub has some great creators on their site. They recently went to a paid membership. I got my double airplane control,roller skating clown from Joey Emory, who is on puppet hub. I love the maribou he used for the hair.

Harris
laughologist and nearly normal puppeteer
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Thanks Guys.I am glad that they are working for you. I am currently in Istanbul with Scott Land performing in Istanbul.
There's limited internet access here but will write more when I get home on the 16th May.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Where can I buy good marionettes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL