The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which easy to master card miracles video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Hi, which of the easy to master card miracles videos is best? I know that they are all good, but I can only get 1. Which would you recommend? Also, do you think that the Stealing Pips video is better than one of the card miracles dvds. Thanks for your opinions. Smile
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Get them all but most would say vol 2 and vol 5.
pasteboardforbrains
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati, Ohio
113 Posts

Profile of pasteboardforbrains
I have #1, and it is great, though, mthe best is probably #2. I'm getting this any time now.
Parker Caldwell

sigh... nothing to quote
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I probably use the stuff off of volume 1 the most. That was the first tape I got so that's probably why. The one with MacDonald's Aces is very, very good too. I think it's on volume 2. I also like the one with Jazz Aces. I like them all. Yes volume 5 is very good too. I'd just start out with volume 1 myself, and see how much you like it before getting any else. Smile Smile Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I have both stealing Pips and ETMCM. Although I liked stealing Pips a lot, ETMCM are better. I only have two and can't really say which is better.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I highly recomend Volume 2 of ETMCM.
It has all the best classics.
wu tang
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC Canada
54 Posts

Profile of wu tang
Vol. 2 is the best!
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I actually preferred Volume 4.
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Have a look at what tricks are on them a find out which one you would like most for yourself
they are all probably good but have a look at the tricks that suit you best Smile
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Comparing Stealing Pips to ETMCM series is not even close to being fair. Stealing Pips (which I do not own) contains magic from the repertoire of the young, up-and-comer Oz Pearlman. The ETMCM series stars Michael Ammar, one of magic's modern legends, teaching you some of card magic's most enduring classic from the repertoires of Vernon, Leipzig, Baker, Elmsley, Fechter, Daley, Nash, Hamman, and more. I would just start with volume 1, master the material within, and move on until you have the whole series.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
Hi,

Is this series aimed primarily at the beginner or will the more competent/experienced card worker find value in them?

Is it a case of the later videos being more advanced?

Thanks
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
330 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:
On 2003-10-05 12:33, marko wrote:
Comparing Stealing Pips to ETMCM series is not even close to being fair.
I have the Ammar tapes and have seen the Oz tape. No comparison at all. It's classic material on the Ammar tapes that just can't really be easily matched. And the Ammar stuff comes with the "bonus" trick gaffs that can be quite useful.
AndreasLund
View Profile
New user
Denmark
37 Posts

Profile of AndreasLund
Vol. 5 is my favourite ... would be better without his "post-trick laugh" though ...

Andreas
ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
LOL... you don't like his 'Ah Ah Ah Ah... Eh Eh Eh Eh'???

I end all my tricks with 'Ah Ah Ah Ah.. even I don't know how I do it... Eh Eh Eh Eh'.

Smile

j/k
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Hi, get vol 2.... you can't be wrong.... I don't have stealing pips... so can't give you a comparison... but I can tell you Ammar's ETMCM is very very good...

I really like it very much and if I were you... I would not stop at one dvd.... save up and get the whole set... its well worth many times the money you are paying for it...

I am eagerly waiting for the release of vol 7 to 9...

eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Ok, I already have volume 2 so I guess ill get vol 5. And erictan8888, When are volumes 7, 8 and 9 coming out. Smile Must...collect...all...ETMCM DVDs. Smile
EricClark
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
68 Posts

Profile of EricClark
I got my Michael Ammar email newsletter today and it said volumes 7, 8 and 9 will be released in the winter of 2004. Smile
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Winter of 2004, I can't wait that long. Smile Oh well, I guess while I'm waiting, I'll try to get 1 or 2 more etmcm dvds. Smile
Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Calabasas, CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
The wait may not be as long as we think. Am I reading this right? Ammar's E-news of October 6, 2003 reads in part:

"...The rumors are true! In August I spent a few weeks in Lake Tahoe filming "Easy to Master Card Mircacles 7, 8, & 9. These may be the best of the entire series, and the project is slated to come out THIS winter on VHS and DVD."

Maybe in time for Christmas?
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Winter spills over into the next year so I assumed Eric meant that the DVDs would becoming out early next year.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Which easy to master card miracles video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL