The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Danny Archer Lectures in Sep/Oct (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey my friends,

Scott Wells is helping to book my latest lecture tour (Alone Again) kicking off in mid-September across the South and Midwest. Below the line is info Scott is sending out to the clubs and shops in that area (and also his contact info). Please take a minute to read the info and if you would like to see an evening filled with commercial, audience-tested magic, please have your lecture coordinator contact:

Southern Lecture Tour Coordinator
E-Mail: Lectures@ScottWells.com
Phone: 713-524-0147
Mobile: 281-772-6014

I promise you'll be glad you did!

PS Also check out MINDvention for the lowdown on the upcoming mentalism convention in Las Vegas.
================================================
It has been over five years since Danny Archer has last lectured down South. And that’s too long. Danny is a full time working pro, and he is thrilled to share some of his newest commercial routines with the magic fraternity. Some of you have seen him perform at a convention. Some of you may know Danny as one of the promoters and organizers of magic and mentalism conventions like the Las Vegas Magic Invitational (LVMI) and the MINDvention.

Danny has been working for the last five years (and will be back for a sixth year) as the house magicians in a Colorado ski resort, where he continues to perfect his performance chops working for laymen. But however you remember him, or not, you will never forget him once you have him lecture in your city.

Danny has lectured around the world in over twenty five countries and in forty-four of the US states. His brand new lecture is jam packed with great close-up, and stand-up magic and mentalism from self-working effects to sleight-of-hand.

Magic you can do… Magic you will do…

The Archer - A rubber band shoots two selections from one half of the deck into the other.

Clinker - A new gimmick brings the Miser’s Dream from the stage to close-up magic.

A weigh out Prediction - Predict the weight of six audience members, a cool version of Add-A-Number.

Drawn Again - Duplicate a spectator’s drawing using just some business cards and a pen.

Olympic Aces - Four selections appear in four different pockets. Instantly, they are reproduced.

Dye and dye again - A red silk passes through the hand and changes color. New work on a classic.

That’s nuts! - A chop-cup routine, done with a jigger, cherries and a final load of peanuts.

Sneak Preview - The performer divines the name of someone’s mentally chosen favorite movie.

There it is... Again... - Their card is seen 5X in the deck... Vanishes, appears in an impossible location.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey my friends,
Below is the update list of lectures for this tour... there are some open dates left so please contact me or Scott Wells to make sure group will get a chance to book this lecture... Peace... Danny

Wednesday September 19 – Chicago (Midwest Magic) – CONFIRMED

Thursday September 20 – Chicago (Magic Masters) – CONFIRMED

Friday September 21 – open, no lecture
Saturday September 22 – open, no lecture
Sunday September 23 – open, no lecture

Monday September 24 – Oklahoma City, OK – CONFIRMED

Tuesday September 25 – St. Louis, MO or Champaign, IL

Wednesday September 26 – open, no lecture

Thursday September 27 – Knoxville, TN – CONFIRMED

Friday September 28 – open, no lecture

Saturday September 29 – open, no lecture

Sunday September 30 – Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX – CONFIRMED

Monday October 1 – open, no lecture

Tuesday October 2 – Houston, TX – CONFIRMED

Wednesday October 3 – McAllen, TX – CONFIRMED

Thursday October 4 – Austin, TX – CONFIRMED

Friday October 5 – open, no lecture

Saturday October 6 – New Orleans, LA – CONFIRMED

Sunday October 7 – open, no lecture

Monday October 8 – Birmingham, AL - PENDING (may host on this date or 10/10)

Tuesday October 9 – Huntsville, AL – PENDING

Wednesday October 10 – Birmingham, AL – PENDING (may host you on this date or 10/8)

=================================================================

Wednesday November 14 – Las Vegas, NV (Denny & Lee’s Magic Studio) – CONFIRMED

Thursday November 15 – open, no lecture

Friday November 16 – Reno, NV - CONFIRMED
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Below is the list of update cities...

Wed 9/ 19 – Chicago (Midwest Magic)
Thu 9/20 – Chicago (Magic Masters
Sat 9/22 – Minneapolis/St. Paul
Mon 9/24 – Oklahoma City, OK
Tue 9/25 – Branson, MI
Sun 9/30 – Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Tue 10/2 – Houston, TX
Wed 10/3 – McAllen, TX
Thu 10/4 – Austin, TX
Sat 10/6 – New Orleans, LA
Mon 10/8 – Birmingham, AL
Tue 10/9 – Louisville, KY
Wen 10/10 – Knoxville, TN
10/11 Atlanta, GA
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Typo - Tue 9/25 – Branson, MO
not MI
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting so new ones...
Danny
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Big crowd and a good time at lecture tonight in Tinley Park, IL... had a fun meal with some of the guys before the lecture... next up St. Paul, MN...
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
St. Paul was a smaller crowd but very passionate about their magic... heading out to meet the magician's of OK City for dinner before the lecture...
snmagic
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl.
16 Posts

Profile of snmagic
Hey Danny, It was a great lecture in St Paul, MN. You have given me many great ideas for close up magic. I'm sure I will be using some if not all those ideas to improve my close up. Thanks again. It was also great grabing a quick lunch with you.
manofcards
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of manofcards
I.B.M. Ring 46 in Oklahoma City just had Danny Archer lecture here on Monday, September 24th. His lecture was around two and a half hours and was filled with commercial effects. I could tell that Danny performs these routines professionally. He has touches and tips that only working professionals can add to their routines. The one routine that stood out the most to me was his effect called The Archer. Basically, two selections from one half of the deck are “shot” into the other half. It was a great lesson on how we should add routines to our own performances so the audience can more easily remember our names and who we are after the show. Overall, I am glad I attended the lecture as I learned quite a bit. I give it five arrows out of five.

William Rader
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks for the comments guy... have a few days off before the tour resumes in Dallas...
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Had a great time in Dallas and Houston... lecture starts in one hour in McAllen...
rick727
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX, USA
188 Posts

Profile of rick727
Danny,
I wanted to comment on your lecture last night in Houston (October 2, 2012). Thanks for sharing your material with us. It is always nice to see the "real stuff" that professionals use on a regular basis, not just stuffy they try to sell.

I just finished reviewing your digital set of lecture notes. Wow! What a value! There is a lot of great information there and it is an absolute steal at $20. A few of the items (e.g. Extra Silly Pig Prediction) can easily be incorporated in a standup show, or as an emcee bit. That alone makes it worth the price of the DVD.

Best of luck to you in your future lectures and I hope to see you around in the future.
Practice what you present.

Present what you practice.
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Danny Archer has passed through some of your cities but he still has several more to go before his tour is complete. While Danny was in Houston, he and I sat down to record a short (45 minute) podcast. We talked about his former “Magicians’ Lecture Network”, the evolution of the MINDvention convention for mentalists, and how he got the long running gig in Vail, Colorado at a high end steak house.

But more importantly we discussed how and why he developed his alter ego on-stage persona, Gino Mozzarella. This is a fascinating story with more details than he could discuss in a traditional lecture format. Danny concluded the podcast by sharing a little trick “Drawn Again” from his lecture. It is a great impromptu, walk around effect using your business cards.

If you enjoyed his lecture and want to hear/learn more from Danny Archer then you will enjoy this podcast. If you have not yet hosted him along his tour, then you will want to listen to this podcast and pass along the link to your members to help promote his appearance in your city.

You can listen online or download it from the website at: http://scottwellsmagic.posterous.com/ or you can download the podcast through iTunes. Just do a search through the podcast store of iTunes for “The Magic Word” and listen today…or at your leisure.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Thanks for the kind words... in New Orleans today...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Danny Archer Lectures in Sep/Oct (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL