The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Have you seen this hinge? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2017, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2017, Tim Snyder wrote:
But occasionally you get a misfire like has happened here. Smile

How so??

This was a very SPECIFIC question asked over 5 years ago. It is too late to help the original poster. He has long ago solved his problem. How many other people are looking for that specific hinge? How many people who are looking for that specific hinge are unable to find it using todays technology? In this case it would have been more helpful to start a new thread about interesting vintage hardware, than to answer a very specific question from 2012.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2017, Tim Snyder wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2017, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2017, Tim Snyder wrote:
But occasionally you get a misfire like has happened here. Smile

How so??

This was a very SPECIFIC question asked over 5 years ago. It is too late to help the original poster. He has long ago solved his problem. How many other people are looking for that specific hinge? How many people who are looking for that specific hinge are unable to find it using todays technology? In this case it would have been more helpful to start a new thread about interesting vintage hardware, than to answer a very specific question from 2012.

Well actually I know of one case of one person looking for this exact hinge that was happy to find this thread. I was contacted by a lady about a year ago (not a magician) who badly needed one of these hinges. Her father had built a special box many years ago and at some point the hinges on the box were broken. Years later the box was found in storage and the mans family decided to refurbish the box. In looking for that one special hinge they came across this thread that led to me. I was happy to send them a set of hinges to complete there special project....Ya never know who might be helped here in the workshop.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
By the way should anybody find themselves needing a Homecraft hinge for repair of a Delben magic die box, I would be happy to help you.
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
I apologize. Sometimes things are best left unsaid, especially on the internet. I am glad that the bumping of this thread has been beneficial and will take this as a lesson to keep unnecessary comments to myself.

I love this forum; because it is so helpful!
Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Have you seen this hinge? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL