The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Name of Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Years ago before I moved to the U.S. and it was lost to the depths of the Atlantic ocean, I had a dancing silk effect of sorts that I believe may have been a Tannen product, but was carried by various other dealers. It was almost a pseudo-zombie set-up. The dancing silk was white, the foulard was black and the M.O. was inside a hem on the foulard. It moved back and forth, with a little bit of a 'give' for slight up and down, back and forth movements (enough to allow the silk to jump completely in front of the foulard).

Come to think of it, did Don Alan have a dancing hank effect like this?

If this is familiar to anybody, any help with the name would be greatly appreciated.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It was Don Wayne that made and sold the Dancing Hank, that danced back and forth in front of a cloth, and behind the cloth. There was nothing in any hem. It was more like a Zombie Ball effect, only with animation of the silk shaking back and forth. The rights to this effect have been sold to another person and the trick has been improved and currently sells for $350.00 I believe.

http://seanbogunia.com/ultimatehank1.html

This effect by Sean Bogunia now has 3 additional parts that get more impossible as the act builds. It will cost over a $1,200 for the complete version. That being said, the Ultimate Hank is a complete act in it's self, watch the video and you will be impressed.

Don Wayne no longer makes his simple version.

There are some India copies of the old version trick on the market, I don't have any info as to, if they are any good.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
That was exactly the one Bill - thanks.

When I said hem in the original post, I did not mean the actual hem, by the way.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Name of Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL