The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » So, your assistant is taller than you... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
Yeah. So, my assistant is my height, so meaning that in heels (which I prefer her to wear for the costume) is taller than me by a by about 3 inches or so.

How would that look as a performer? Odd?
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
For a few years I had 2 Girls in my show that were taller than me. I'm 5'11", and they both were several inches taller than me - they both were playing basketball. I never heard any comments from anyone about them being taller than me. The only draw back was that they were both to tall to fit in my Zig Zag !
My bet is that everything will be fine.
Bob.
Jason Johnson
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
50 Posts

Profile of Jason Johnson
I had an assistant that was taller than me, but the only illusion she had to get into was the Victory Cubes. The tights I own for the costume were a little short, but she wore socks to cover up. This was a kids show. Other than that, the show was fine.
WagsterMagicGirl
View Profile
New user
Myrtle Beach, SC
2 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagicGirl
If you still want her to wear heels, make sure they are black character shoes and not nude. The nude ones will make her legs look even longer. Try to get the shortest heel possible. I believe character shoes can have as small as a 1/2 inch heel. Also tights that have a seam running down the back of the leg create the illusion that she isn't as tall. Hope this helps!
Hannah Lynne
The Magic of Brandon Wagster
www.wagstermagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » So, your assistant is taller than you... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL