The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SNAP ILLUSION (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Urdangarin
View Profile
New user
Germany
39 Posts

Profile of Urdangarin
Does anybody have information about SNAPILLUSIONS?
I am trading an illusion with them, bud do not know the company very well.
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
I'm sure if you do a search on this site you'll find lots of comments about them. Mostly negative.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Get what you're trading for first!!

John
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Do not do it! They will take your product and you will not get what was promised.
silking
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of silking
They are nothing but CROOKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Do a search in Google. There is a lot of information about them out there.
Dennis Michael
Sap4997
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Sap4997
Don't do it!
illusionist333
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of illusionist333
Stay away from Snap!
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Let us know how the transaction goes ... should be fun!

Steve
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Wow, 11:52 and the thread is still here.
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Great. If they are still trading right now after they have announced in public that they are not able to deliver products which have been ordered anbd paid years ago, that information is exactly what the police needs.
I will send you a p.m.
Regards
Dixis
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Hi Steve,
I have a new illusion: Predicting the future!

Snap Illusions will request full payment to a bank account in Indiana.
Before the payment is done, they will be extremely responsive and answer each and every email immediatelly.
They will ask what kind of customization is requested like what colours are preferred etc. and the prop will be finished soon and be shipped as soon as it is finished. No exact date of course and as a special promotion, free shipping worldwide.
After the payment is made, the response time will slow down dramatically.
Should they care to respond at all, they will inform the buyer that employees where ill, maybe another uncle died, they dicovered small problems with some parts of the prop and had to send it to another copmpany etc. etc.
And so time will go by and another victim will have contributed his share to keep the Moyer family alive and help them to pay their rental fees etc.

That is my prediction and I am pretty sure that I won't be wrong.

Regards
Dixie
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
No need to seal this prediction in an envelope. This is a point where past history meets future history.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Can the future be history if it is not created. But we can predict the future from past history experience. And the history shows that nothing has changed. Sorry Richard I couldn't resist!!!! Smile

I am suprise no one has taken them to court for a law suit.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
Quote:
On 2012-05-09 09:06, The Mirror Images wrote:

I am suprise no one has taken them to court for a law suit.

Best,

Without prejudice, this is where things stand.

There was/is a criminal investigation into SNAP. A number of magicians gave evidence to the investigating detective.

To counter this and say they are just poor misunderstood business people and not crooks, SNAP issued an explanation, just over a month ago, saying that they were victims of cyber bullying and malicious rumors. SNAP claims that the 2 to 3 years of not communicating with the people who had paid for props but not received them was just because their business was slow and had met with some set backs.

SNAP then gave everyone a choice of receiving the ordered prop or getting their money back. However, no time frame for any of the above was given and no one seems to have heard from SNAP since.

To many, SNAP's latest move is just an attempt to avoid criminal prosecution. A few are holding hope that SNAP is sincere and that they may yet see ordered props or refunds.

Only the future can tell.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
You can always file a claim in court....I would immediately. I will not feel sorry for those who wait around based on Snaps lame reply to the situation. Their reply was for protection against criminal charges. doesn't mean you should wait around for them to do something...file a lawsuit and make them do it. Besides, the first few MIGHT get their money...the rest will be staring at an empty bank account.
I would think most cases will fit into the small claims agenda, which are very simple and affordable to deal with.

...or you can wait around with fingers crossed. The early bird gets the worm!
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
While this is a very common and sad tale, I also find it unfortunate that so many magicians are willing to settle for such inferior props. There are obvious differences between what SNAP offers v.s. what one could get from a real builder. I just took a look at their website and found their 18 inch thick ba**s to be quite disturbing, and with very dated paint jobs. Even for the uneducated magicians, it should be apparent that the spiker they are buying is nothing close to the spiker they have seen Hans Klok do on TV, the Windshear is nothing close to what they may have recently watched Kevin Spencer do.

Again, I had made this mistake once with a prop (not snap, but a tilford) bought off of Ebay when I was still uneducated about the inferior side of this business, and was immediately disappointed when I received said prop and realized that it was nothing like the Origami I saw John Shyrock perform on Masters of Illusion. (of course it has since been replaced) Of course the pictures that were taken of the prop were all from the top side so the thickness was not apparent. Snap shows full frontal photos of their dillusions (not a typo). Their lack of deceptiveness is quite obvious when compared to legit props.

The old saying of "you get what you pay for" completely rings true here. It's a tough lesson to learn for those who are willing to sacrifice quality in order to save a buck.

That is like buying cheap rest room prophylactics over the more expensive name brands from the pharmacy. Sure they may look similiar, but they are not as efficent, definitely feel different, and a simple prop failure could cause you far more pain and suffering than you expected.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
You and your prophylactics analogies, Scott. Smile
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Quote:
On 2012-05-09 15:35, videokideo wrote:
You can always file a claim in court....I would immediately. I will not feel sorry for those who wait around based on Snaps lame reply to the situation. Their reply was for protection against criminal charges. doesn't mean you should wait around for them to do something...file a lawsuit and make them do it. Besides, the first few MIGHT get their money...the rest will be staring at an empty bank account.
I would think most cases will fit into the small claims agenda, which are very simple and affordable to deal with.

...or you can wait around with fingers crossed. The early bird gets the worm!

Honestly, it is just not that simple. First, In Indiana you have to file court papers in person or have a lawyer do it on your behalf. If this is done in small claims court and he does not show (more than likely) then you will be awarded a judgment but collecting is another instance. All he has to say is he does not have the money to pay. The local authorities are just not willing to go after someone for failure to pay a small claims settlement. So, you have to make2 trips to Indiana (to file and for the court date) and possibly hire a lawyer. You will be out more time and money for little to no return. Also, there is a serious jurisdiction issues here. He lives in one jurisdiction, conducts business in another (by having a PO Box) and lives in another jurisdiction. If things get too hot, he simply moves PO Boxes or moves his “shop.”

So, if you have an issue and you have been scammed, I suggest that you bombard the state’s attorney general’s office and Greenwood police department with calls and emails about it until criminal charges are filed, which hopefully will be coming soon.
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Hi Wayne,

last time the ****storm at the police department was big enough to make them complain that their contact details had been released Smile

Regards
Richarc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SNAP ILLUSION (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL