The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SNAP ILLUSION (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Doruk Ülgen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Doruk Ülgen
One more snap victim here, stay away ! ! !
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1392 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Dear makeupguy,
I hope this is not the new business idea of Jack M.
After all, he could use his old customer list to get lots of clients for such a new business
:)
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-06 20:07, Urdangarin wrote:
Does anybody have information about SNAPILLUSIONS?
I am trading an illusion with them, bud do not know the company very well.

You should ask your performing partners Dirk Losander and Luna Shamada ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWRYuu0r3......embedded )

They know the detrimental effects of knock offs.

I can't believe how many members of the Café have bought from this company. Those who choose to play with fire must not think it is them who will ever get burned.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2682 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I'm building a couple of illusions for a customer in France, and he just finished telling me his story of how he also fell victim to Snap. The usual story, got great communication, and promises, money sent, then they ignored him and he never got his item or money. He is looking for other victims to team up with for legal and speak out. And I thought there was a group of victims banning together with someone from the Café here looking to talk with other victims. Does anyone recall who that was and who I can put this customer in touch with? Thanks.

P.
Brand New: - MICRO VANISHING STATUE OF LIBERTY ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Just hire someone to SNAP his kneecaps.
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Hi Swann,
if the legal system is not able to stop that cheat, we can not totally exclude the possibility that someone will use the money to pay a creative collection service instead of wasting it for attorneys and detectives who don't get anbywhere.
Of course, none of us will support such an idea, but I expect that many will hide their satisfavtion if they should hear about unfortunate experiences of Snap Illusion.
Richard
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Dear AllAboutMagic,
I truly admire those people who are born completelly educated and do never need any bad experience to learn from it.
Those who got burned have at least learned something about fire.
How do you know that fire can burn people if you never had the chance to experience it?
Richard
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On 2012-05-13 17:36, Dixie wrote:
Dear AllAboutMagic,
I truly admire those people who are born completelly educated and do never need any bad experience to learn from it.
How do you know that fire can burn people if you never had the chance to experience it?
Richard

Dixie, that comment was a generalization and not meant for anyone in particular. Please refer to other posts above about the obvious inferior quality of a snap prop. A beginners eye may not catch that, but a professional's eye certainly would. Also when you know that an origami costs about 7000 and you buy a brand new one for 3000.....you shouldn't be surprised when something goes wrong with either the prop, the transaction, or both. Of course if you do not know what one should cost and are unaware about legit and black market props then "yes" it's a tough lesson to learn. However any established illusionist should know better. While the situation sucks, I find it hard to have sympathy for a performance artist who will sacrifice quality and ethics to save a few bucks. For the amateurs who are just starting out, that's a different story. But my post was directed at the performer and not the amature. It was also directed at the Café members who have a vast resource of experience to fall on when it comes to the ins and outs of "grand illusion." just look at the magician who performs with losander and shimada....he recently inquired about snap and received a ton of great advice from the members here. I do not know you, nor which side of the equation you stand. If you are on the beginner/amature side then "yes" I truly sympathize with you.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I find it interesting that they have taken down their website.

wondering if things are finally catching up with them
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Dear AllAboutMagic,
I experienced the same as probably many other magicians who started with mistakes and learned from it. I ordered a used and refurbished origami from Snap Illusions and was not aware that even in US the market is flooded with copies. However, Jack stole my money (as he did from many others) and never delivered.
I was so angry that I bought the next original origami made by John Gaughan wich was offered by a respected dealer.
That is, why I have an understanding for those who make mistakes and learn from it and I am happy that you feel similar and do not in general blame all victims of Snap Illuions.
Best regards
Richard
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Dear Sam Sandler
maybe it helped that people in charge of the Snap Illusion investigation get a lot of information now that they are known to the victims. The fact that Snap Illusion still offered products on their website although they did already announce in public that they can no longer take orders and deliver was probably not a good idea.
Maybe an experienced attorney told that that this is another prove of their fraud and they better stop it?
Richard
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2988 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
How has this company managed to rip off so many people without someone being prosecuted? Seems like this would be a matter of local, state and federal jurisdiction, given their business model. Surely someone in authority must be willing to investigate.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of Hector
"good news" guys...

Please, go to their website.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Maybe or just hiding better.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
Quote:
On 2012-05-14 10:02, hugmagic wrote:
Maybe or just hiding better.

Richard

He isn't hiding well enough. This is still up and running:

http://snapillusions.blogspot.com/
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
That is not run by the same server the site is on. That is run by a different client called blogger. So this will stay up until they either take it down or someone does. Hope that makes sense.

Best,
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Dixie
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of Dixie
Dear Richard,
as long as they are hiding so deep in their mud that no customer will find them, it is O.K. with me.
As soon as they pop up to find new victims, someone will make their hiding place public.
There are too many now who are watching.
Regards
Richard
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Strange splash screen. It seems the company hosting has shut down their account...I wonder if the city or prosecutors looking into this had this move made? Often they will have a site shut down that is in conflict with business laws...until the site or owner can show laws are being followed and complaints have been extinguised. Or, of course, they may have not paid their bill for hosting. Glad to see this jerk getting his. I still stand by the advice that anyone who is owed money or props file a small courts claim. Its my guess only a few will see anything in the end.
Urdangarin
View Profile
New user
Germany
39 Posts

Profile of Urdangarin
Quote:
On 2012-05-13 21:47, AllAboutMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-13 17:36, Dixie wrote:
Dear AllAboutMagic,
Richard

Dixie, that comment was a generalization and not meant for anyone in particular. Please refer to other posts above about the obvious inferior quality of a snap prop. A beginners eye may not catch that, but a professional's eye certainly would. Also when you know that an origami costs about 7000 and you buy a brand new one for 3000.....you shouldn't be surprised when something goes wrong with either the prop, the transaction, or both. Of course if you do not know what one should cost and are unaware about legit and black market props then "yes" it's a tough lesson to learn. However any established illusionist should know better. While the situation sucks, I find it hard to have sympathy for a performance artist who will sacrifice quality and ethics to save a few bucks. For the amateurs who are just starting out, that's a different story. But my post was directed at the performer and not the amature. It was also directed at the Café members who have a vast resource of experience to fall on when it comes to the ins and outs of "grand illusion." just look at the magician who performs with losander and shimada....he recently inquired about snap and received a ton of great advice from the members here. I do not know you, nor which side of the equation you stand. If you are on the beginner/amature side then "yes" I truly sympathize with you.

Dear AllAboutMagic
It all depends on what you mean by professional/amateur.
If professional means lot of experience in knowing prices and qualities, I am not a professional, I am an amateur. If Professional means making a living on your magic and not having over incomes bud what you do with magic, YES I am a professional.
I think this comment was unpolite.
By the way I play guitar and a FENDER STRATOCASTER (USA MADE) will cost you 450 US-$, bud the same FENDER STRATOCASTER (MEXICAN MADE) will cost you 175 US-$. Same Guitar, Same FENDER, different price ......
I find it hard to understand that in a land like USA, where laws are so strong with copies and unauthorized props, there it gives a company, who announced themselves on WEB and sell unauthorized copies.
Sory for not being so smart AllAboutMagic.

I am not
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » SNAP ILLUSION (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL