The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shell for Japanese Yen. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

anthony-in-japan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of anthony-in-japan
I am fully expecting a big no! but I wonder if anyone has any idea where I could get an expanded shell for a ........Japanese 500yen.

I have checked many websites, and tried some Japanese websites too, but maybe my terminology in Japanese is a bit off because no hits so far.

I fired off a mail to my local friendly magic shop owner, but he is a very casual guy so I don't expect an reply for a day or 5!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
It may be a bit of a wait, what with all the shipping, processing and manufacturing, wait time and everything else included, but you can send a couple of the coins to gaffers to have a shell made. You can get more info here: http://www.roykueppers.com

Roy stocks many international coins and may have what you are looking for, or would be able to make what you need. The best way to find out is to call and ask.

I hope this information is useful to you.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Lassen makes these, but he mentioned before that his Japanese customers can get in hot water for accepting them at their post office. They are illegal in Japan. I would imagine if you are in U.S. you could get them easily from him.
anthony-in-japan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Thanks for your help.

Actually I had assumed that shells wouldn't be illegal, because I saw a tenyo, or possibly tenyo-esque 10 yen to 100 yen using a shell and a pen with a m***** (10 yen is slightly bigger than 100), about 5 years ago. The shell was OK but only a cheapy one so not too brilliant.
Perhaps that is why it was allowable.

Cheers
anthony-in-japan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

I just found this.

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbt......er=89536

hmm, maybe I will use British money instead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Shell for Japanese Yen. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL