The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Lottery Ticket Illusion by Nate Staniforth (Limited Release) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3049 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
For those who have this and want to go the distance, I have available a used model of a particularly cool item identified in the book, at a serious savings.
Apologies for being cryptic (out of necessity), but if you PM me and can correctly ID what it is that I am referring to (with specifics), I can get into more detail.

Cheers,

e
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
I can’t say enough about Nate Staniforth’s new Lottery Prediction Book. It is if he wrote a masters degree thesis on the modern genre we now know and love as lottery prediction effects. Here Nate Staniforth elevates the lottery prediction plot in to a “miracle class’ illusion. The book concerns much more than effects though…it covers the philosophy and mission we should strive for when performing any effect including the Lottery Trick. We’re all fond of collecting various “categories” of magic…for me chair predictions, design duplications, PK effects, etc. Here in one book, Mr. Staniforth fast forwards and saves us years of collecting, by assembling and dishing out many many versions of the Lottery Prediction. You’ll find flavors from close-up and parlor versions, stage versions, simple variations and elaborate variations. You’ll find methods and handlings not only suitable for the working professional but also semi-pros and hobbyists with lot’s of food for thought. You’ll discover that each technique can be further applied to effects and routines completely outside the lottery prediction plot. The book is gorgeously produced on glossy stock with clear color photos detailing everything you’ll need to know to prepare and perform the various methods discussed. As mentioned in other threads, you cannot think of the lottery prediction as a simple trick. It is not. It must be thought of as a full scale illusion in terms of time, prep, practice, your mindset and the image conveyed to your audience. However it IS accessible to anyone. If you’re looking for a quick resetting table hopping or anytime anywhere effect this will not serve the purpose. If you endeavor rather to delve into, ponder and slowly sip The Lottery Trick book like a fine glass of wine, you will benefit and be inspired from years of thinking by Nate Staniforth. Highly recommended.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Everybody has is own opinion, professionnal or amateur.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Jeff007
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Jeff007
Out of the hundreds of magical things I've purchased in the past 26 years, this is one out of only a small handful that I have not been disappointed in. Well done Nate!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
Could you perform this routine either at a cocktail type walkaround setting or restaurant setting???
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
Or could you perform this say at a wedding reception just say for the top table???
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Daren, yes and yes. You can perform this anywhere you want, in virtually any condition. I personally wouldnt want to do it table hopping, I would use it for that special table as you suggested. But could it be done hopping? Sure.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I see now that you were not actually questioning hopping, but the setting itself. Yes, this is no problem.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Darren, it looks like you're a performer so you deserve a honest answer. No you can't do in in table hoping! I don't understand why some people say yes.,, it's a shame! The works to do it in table hoping is too much and not easy at all!
<BR>
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
The book is great and I recommend it to the serious performer but No you would not use it for table hopping. The effect is an A+ and the book itself is an A+
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
I am looking to perform this as a special occasion one off piece, either at a wedding reception just say for the top table so would only be a one off piece mainly for the bridal party, or to all the wedding reception either before or after my walkaround set, I think this works?? or either at a garden party again as a one off performance piece before a walkaround set kicks in, I have had notification from Nate that mine is on its way and I for one am very much looking forward to digesting the info included within the book, I have quite a knowledgeable magic mind so I may be able to adapt it in some way to suit me or take snipets of other ideas to combine my own idea, which I will share with Nate once I have something I am happy with.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It not suitable for table hoping ( even for one table) for obvious reasons you'll understand why when you'll read the book.
If you have some knowledge in magic you should already know what excepted about how it works.
<BR>
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
But as a one off piece at say a garden party, this would work yes???
MagicOzzy
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
118 Posts

Profile of MagicOzzy
Yes for a one off it would be fine...actually great!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
<BR>
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
You'll see when you'll have the book...
<BR>
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
Yep, I'm sure I can use this without a doubt, as a one off performance after a walk around set or before my walkaround set to get them really in the mood, either at a large dining hall type reception/garden party, there must be a method included in the book that will suit my needs, I think from what I have read there are 9 different presentation methods
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3049 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Virtually anything is possible, if you put your mind and resources towards it Smile

Then again, this is true in both life and this effect!
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Daren
Does anyone have any performance experience with this effect at the moment, would love to hear it, I for one cannot wait for this to come through, if it takes a lot of work to set up then so be it, but think about the effect this has on the audience/spectators watching, it totally fries me and I'm a magician, imagine the devastation this has on laymen!!! come on postie hurry up!!!!
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
858 Posts

Profile of boydy
No experience here. I don't think I will have any time soon, it does not suit my performance situations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Lottery Ticket Illusion by Nate Staniforth (Limited Release) (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL