The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cabaret-Disco-Party-Band and now "Magic"...all in one go! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RockingRob
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of RockingRob
Hi

I need your thoughts and ideas, please!...as it's difficult to get ideas worked out without talking them through with like minded people....you guys, hopefully?, you are, and can help me out here Smile

I Dj/Compare/Entertain at a regular cabaret night where 400+ people have a meal and are entertined. The mix of people is varied and usually includes some Hen/Birthday parties and office/workplace groups. They are really good nights, no I mean it...reeeeallly goood!, and jumping once I've wound the crowd up and interacted with them (run around with the mic stuff...i'll expand more if reuired). To sum the nights up ...they go mad/bonkers and want to go for it big time!!...quite cool really when the average age is 30+..anyway...

This year I'm going to add, towards the end of the meal and the begining of my set, some, what I'd call, cabaret magic! Well, ya cant keep doing the same stuff without it getting boring and predictable...or can you?!! hummm.....?

The Plan
--------

This would be me priming some suitable volunteers i.e. checking out the birthday girl was up for a laugh care of their friends, so they egg them on to join in with me later, when I go around the room introducing myself early in the evening....somethign I do so they become my best mates/friends.

Theres a few things I'm stuck with....oh, forgot to say I'm also a childrens entertainer so treating adults like kids...in an adult way, gets results.

An opener, what to use?...good evening blaaa blaaa look at you lot don't you look great, especially all the people over here, over there (something different) and all you "sexy" people over here...screaming shouting etc from the audience...get the idea?

Make a fuss....When I do tale shouts re. all the parties in the room one by one etc, they like it and its interaction and I get a reaction off them, I'm going to stop at one table and make a big fuss out of e.g. a birthday girl....we have a suprize for you blaa blaaa, cool music as I go to their table, come here you blaaa blaaa....tell a short storey about what I know about them and ask them to come with me, coz, I've a suprize for them.....yes ladies and gentle men, Julie is going to perform with me, on stage live in front off 400 people.....come on Julie, don't be nervous, don't worry....i've never had sex in front of so many people before either etc.....Get the idea?...

Up she comes/or him and this is what I have in mind...

For him - instant magician or vent mask. I'm ok with routines etc but will it suit or is there something better I can use/do....?
For her - smart ass or vent mask...something else? I've not done smart ass yet in a big audience so its questionable for me.....any ideas of thoughts?

They'd get a bottle of pop/fizz for being sports.

This is where I go dry and my thoughts cease up.....help! gulp!

I guess anyone replying to this, my fist post on here, may ripp into me and chew me up...ok fair enough. Once you've done that can you constructively chuck me back some ideas on how to link things together...I like my show to have pace and momentum...keeps the energy going...a lot of stuff is off the cuff I do, but, magic is not always like that and so that it doesn't flatten the night anything you can add to help would be good...no, it would be "fun-tastically" welcomed!

Ok....now to see what replies, if any, I get....I've basically dumped my rough thoughts together in this post to see what I get back. If you've done something like this before then give us a clue...i'm after about 5-10 mins of material that bridges/links things before my wynd up gets them all mad before the band then come on....I need to fill a gap and this is my plan.

Go on reply....who knows what might happen.

Thanks in advance for those who do

:)
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5687 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
First off, hello... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Cabaret-Disco-Party-Band and now "Magic"...all in one go! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL