The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackmail by Bobby Motta and Peter McKinnon (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dominique Blanco
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Dominique Blanco
Hi all, sorry cause my english it´s very bad. I purchased the informant and received the black mail as present. I am somewhat disappointed because I wrote 3 emails to Mr. Mottta and received no answer for it. I would be happy if one of you magician pros could help me. I am not sute what to do once I have use the paper in the black envelope. Is it possible always to use the same paper a second time? I meand can I cancel the first prediction or do I need to buy a new one and for every prediction I use a new paper? I hope I could explain clear what my doubt is and I am thankfull for every help you can offer me.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I don't use the hard card that came with it. I just use my business card. I love this. In my wallet, and you can use the envelope so many times.
As far as unnatural, I really like the look of the black envelope. I've never had anyone say anything. I give them my card with the number on it and the envelope
goes back in my wallet.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Blackmail is simply an amazing gimmick... it always gets great reactions.
It's something that stays in my wallet !
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
How much pressure are you guys applying? I can't get mine to look "clear" so I've been trying to justify why it looks the way it does...
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I press pretty hard, lol. I also think maybe the gimmick being in my wallet, warms it up. I get a really nice dark number. BTW, I don't write on the hard card supplied.
I put my business card on top of that.
James
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Could the envelope be inside a wallet that has a place for PW and then remove the envelope from the wallet and show the prediction?
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Good tip Xiqual! Thank you!
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Welcome Dynamix!

Music, yes it could, absolutely.
James
pavelrodzevich
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of pavelrodzevich
It didn't worked for me and there is a couple of reasons why:

1) it's really hard to make drawing clear and look like handwriting. After week of practice text on the card still looks like you've written it by your left foot

2) you can't keep it ready all the time because paper becomes dirty. That means you'll need a little preparation right before the effect

3) it doesn't last long. Only about 10-15 performances

4) how strong wouldn't be your audience management, black envelope is still too unusual

For me s##mi wins this game
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 18, 2012, Rabid wrote:
Sorry Ustaad, but that post was pretty ridiculous, even by your standards.

J.Parager....clapping hands is as sad, sorry,

Jordan, what I mean't was that I really liked the use of black envelope in Knock Em Dead II because it framed the prediction so well (if you have the DVD and have seen how it was presented without that, you'll understand what I'm getting at). There's something inherently safe about a thick black envelope, in as much as it's pretty obvious that a person can't see though it. now, whilst this has nothing to do with the workings of Blackmail, it does relate to how people other than magicians think. To a lay person - possibly, I have not conducted studies into this...ha - any number of weird methods are passing through their heads...something so obviously hard to see through, cancels out the fact that you can see thought it...even though you don't need to / wouldn't want to / why would you? ha. ()I once did a coin through table and the spectator confidently told everyone (and me) that I'd had another coin stuck to the underside of the table the whole night, just waiting to perform...? Mental. he was only proved wrong by me doing it again after he'd looked under the table. Such are some peoples minds.

The other reason I liked it / Like it...is because it has that very strong visual framing: white card holding prediction, against solid black. I love the colour changing card in deck plot for the same reason, my particular preference being red back in blue deck. So that was what I mean't about that, a purely personal preference to be sure.

Apologies for the first post being rushed and also this one to a degree...I'm at work and have other things to do.

Ustaad...as an aside....ditch the emoticons mate....you're obviously not 12.

And it's May....not December.

Lots of love to you all

Steph

I know this is an old post, but...bravo!
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
And....I'm still using this as a quick opener, on a daily basis.
I find it hard to beat, when you want to quickly establish what you do.

252Black

-Theodore Annemann
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Does this one need replacement over time? Is it going to wear off? Do I have to buy a new one after a while?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, pacozaa wrote:
Does this one need replacement over time? Is it going to wear off? Do I have to buy a new one after a while?

Yes you will need replacements with use and ware

-Theodore Annemann
j_juge
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of j_juge
Does the print quality deteriorate over time (shelf life of c****n p***r?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, j_juge wrote:
Does the print quality deteriorate over time (shelf life of c****n p***r?

They store great, I had the same worry at first. Never had a problem.

-Theodore Annemann
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Anyone from Motta Magic on here, or know how to contact them please?
I ordered this (effect and refills) on 1 Feb direct from their website. I have not received anything.
Chased on 25/3 via email to info@mottamagic.com with my purchase details.
No reply to my email.
I don't want to open a PayPal claim if I'm just using the wrong contact details etc.
planneroftowns
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of planneroftowns
Quote:
On Apr 11, 2022, planneroftowns wrote:
Anyone from Motta Magic on here, or know how to contact them please?
I ordered this (effect and refills) on 1 Feb direct from their website. I have not received anything.
Chased on 25/3 via email to info@mottamagic.com with my purchase details.
No reply to my email.
I don't want to open a PayPal claim if I'm just using the wrong contact details etc.

I’ve heard back from them now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blackmail by Bobby Motta and Peter McKinnon (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL