The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Squeeker help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

piperdod
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of piperdod
Hello,can any one give me advice on the better squeeker to use ,,ive tried the ones in pet toys ,but there a bit too obvious,,,,is there any proffesional type that goes in the mouth ,,,,also tried the cheap bird warbler from ebay ,,but there not much good ,,,thanks tony
Richard Schneider
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Richard Schneider
There is a type of squeaker that goes in the mouth. I don't know what it's called, and don't own one so I can't tell you much (I think it's just called a mouth squeaker). I think the type of squeakers I own are called pillow squeakers. They're sort of flat round plastic chambers with an opening.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Mouth squeakers used to be sold by Madhatter. Don't know if they still have them. Check Amazon, just enter mouth squeakers in the toy section.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Bird Warblers are apparently a very good way to go. I never mastered it myself but when you said cheap bird warblers from ebay I wondered if you just didn't give it the time it requires. They do break easily and take a lot of practice. I would imagine that a bird warbler is a a birdwarbler but I could be wrong. Just doesn't seeem like the kind of thing you would make a cheap knock off of.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like the electronic kind the best.
Drosselmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
West Hollywood, CA
113 Posts

Profile of Drosselmeyer
How are squeakers used?
Regards,

--Drosselmeyer
hestonsmagic
View Profile
New user
McMinnville, OR
92 Posts

Profile of hestonsmagic
Years ago I was at a lecture by Bob Little and he was.a.whiz with squeekers... He showed getting the ones out if dog toys and taking them apart for the little valve that actually made the squeek...then put that in his mouth.. force air threw it and there is a long, short or however long you need squeek...
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Tony
I use a mouth squeaker as described above by hestonsmagic - they do malfunction after a lot of use (in my case due to saliva - I think - and sometimes they come good again after left to dry out).
Jeff McBride has a DVD on the subject of squeaking and magical applications. It comes with 2 mouth squeakers and you can also purchase them from his site.
I think you may be able to purchase them from other magic suppliers on line.
I have found that an inexpensive way to get them is by removing them from a squeaky toy. However - if you look around the cheap shops - they are named differently in different countries - In Australia they are known as dollar shops, go low and reject shops - you may find toys that have multiple squeakers - they are usually in a small plastic bubble and you simply remove the squeaky part by pulling it out of the end of the bubble.
I have found that with the squeaker hidden in your mouth it most entertaining to my audiences.
Please note that I am very careful not to let young children know my method as these things are small and are definitely a choking hazard.
The best toy I have found is a material covered dog toy that looks a bit like an octopus - it has six of the squeakers and sells for the same price as other squeaky toys that only have one.
BTW my dog likes to play with the DE-squeaked octopus even with out the squeakers - so it is good value.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I use something called Mosquito Whistles.

I first got them from Bob L, I think a 100 at a time. I hope they are still available from Mr. Little. They do get saliva filled after a while. Some work if you let them dry out for a while.

Sometimes I use 2 at a time in different directions for an alien type sound.

They are a great utility "prop".

Someone on the Café also sells them. I will have to find out as I will probably have to order more in mid 2013. Be safe, well and creative.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
The Dynamike suggestion above, electronic squeeker.

http://www.magigadgets.com/Squeeker.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Squeeker help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL