The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Top Mentalism effects? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
416 Posts

Profile of Paradise
What are your top mentalism effects/gimmicks that you carry and use at all times?

At the moment I use,

Stealth Wallet.
Xpert
Sariel
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Sariel
My brain Smile

The only gimmick I carry is a loop on my wrist, then I carry a few of index cards on my wallet, and that's enough to do a complete 30 minute act at a moments notice.

Along with the main impromptu and no props effects: pk touches, pk time, silverware bending, etc.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
An elastic loop, my Perfect Time, a small pad of paper and a pen.(+ my Cecareal Pen)
That's material for a lot of stuff.
Smile
Sven
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
CT, SG, bill w/known serial number, small pad, pencil, haunted key, Kathy's Screwy Finger Bit, Chevreault's Pendulum (a suggestability test), Valentine's Blindfold.

Sometimes some rubber bands for a PK-like effect with a borrowed ring, Becker's Flashback and a message reading routine using a sand frame (an idea from Milbourn Christopher).

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Scott Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
141 Posts

Profile of Scott Grimm
A pack of ESP cards, a card for Max Maven's Positive/Negative, cards stacked for the Darker Dai, SoreCery, and if all else fails the Unbendable Arm.
Faith is at the heart of all magic.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
ESP cards, experience, knowledge.

:comply:
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
ALEXANDRE has hit the nail on the head! Far to often in fourm and groups such as this, people will ask: "Hey, what killer effects should I buy?" or "What is the best book to buy?" Recently during one of my discussions with Sir T, he had said, "There are no bad effect only bad performers who elected to perform it."

An example is the Haunted Key, a so-so effect in my hands, but wonderfully powerful in say, Eugene's hands, as presentation is everything and experience and knowledge can only be bought with blood, sweat and countless hours of practice.

Anyway, something to think about.
RP
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Bruno covered everything:my brain! Smile
Knowledge with careful and strong presentation is everything!Strong personality,borrowed spoons,a pad,know how to speak,what to say to make them THINK.

As for the loops, sounds like a great idea!I may consider to start using them since my friend BrunoM suggested it ( a very serious mentalist with real love for our art)!
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
bizarrewreck
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, CO
51 Posts

Profile of bizarrewreck
A deck of cards using Osterlind's Break Through Card System.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
It varies but currently, I have with me (or close by) paper for the PCT and Osterlind's BCS. Smile
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
A Jaks wallet, Business cards, my version of Eye to Eye, and 40+ years of experience and learning.

Franklin - The Paranormalist
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
Don't carry anything. The impromptu stuff I do is really impromptu - may have to borrow some coins for Jackpot Coins if I don't happen to have enough with me.

When I was trying to answer the "What to carry" question, there was STILL the question of what to do when I'm not carrying the "What to carry" stuff! I didn't want to *always* have to have this stuff on me or have so say, "No, my powers are weak" whenever I didn't have my stuff with me.

The list of effects I came up with using no - or readily available - items is good enough that its not worth carrying other stuff.

Just my $.02.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
Greetings!

My ABSOLUTE faves are:
1- "Hour of Destiny" by Larry Becker
2-"Gordon Diary" (with some personal additions) by Paul Gordon.
There are, of course, thousands of others, but these are two I use professionally.
Oh! I almost forgot-"Szechuan Sampler"- by Fred Rosenbaum- DYNAMITE!!!
Cheers,
J.Warrens
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Sven
Cecareal Pen????
Can you help me, please?
I've tried Google
Smile
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2003-10-20 05:36, teejay wrote:
Sven
Cecareal Pen????
Can you help me, please?
I've tried Google
Smile

Litterally spoken, - slip of the pen! Smile
Sorry about that, it's CESARAL PSYCHOKINETIC PEN
You'll find it here.
http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/produc......p;page=1

You need to rehearse a bit on this, but when you have, you'll have a great impromptu effect. ( a bit pricy though, but worth it's price).
Sven
You'll find it.
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
I've done an impromtu version of Max Maven's Kurotsuke(pardon the spelling) using a cloth napkin, 4 sugar packets and 1 Sweet 'n Low packet.

Center Tear's are always a good on the spot effect. My business cards have some Kentonism designs and the numbers 1 thru 5 on the back for a quick numerology reading.

I've also been sneaky and set my phone on auto answer no ring left it on the table and snuck my wife's with me to the bathroom to do some snooping. If my wife was more cooperative she could pump some info and make it more fun, but she is not amused by my interests in magic or mentalism so sometimes I get lucky and sometimes its a bust.

It works good at parties though because you can leave a cell phone nonchalantly anywhere and no one will really notice.

A few quick questions-First, where can I find out about PK Touch? I've done a search for PK Touch on google as well as Psychkinetic Touch and nothing.

Second, a few mentioned elastic loops. I have the Ammar videos, and have done bill floatations and rising card with the loops(neither I would really consider mentalism IMO), but what other mentalism effects can you do with the loops?
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
trickiewillie
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
121 Posts

Profile of trickiewillie
Dave,
It's "Psychokinetic Touches," an effect by Banachek. Make sure you spell it right and Google will turn up lots of hits.

You can use loops to, among other things, slide a fork or other small object a SHORT distance on a tabletop by concentrating on it really hard. Probably all you will be able to do is move one end of the fork an inch or two. Obviously you can't move it very much because it requires an enormous amount of mental power to move it even a little (and you can't move heavy objects at all).

Then there's a version of the Haunted Pack.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1832 Posts

Profile of teejay
Hi Sven,
LOL Thanks.
I have a PK pen that a friend made for me. Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Think of a number (37) when it works. Smile
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
It would work every time if you carry a NW Smile
Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Top Mentalism effects? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL