The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 'Mind Monte' by Alex Hinojosa & Martin Vetter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I think it was a small glitch in your checkout system.

But it seems to be working now.

Thanks

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
601 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I received this pdf last night. I liked it very much and it seems like it will fool most if not all people. Big respect to Alex and Martin.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
This is a brilliantly deceptive routine, that I know I will be using in impromptu situations. LOVE it!
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
magikeren
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magikeren
Thanks guys. Smile
I'm really happy you liked the effect. I use it myself all the time.

Kindly,

Martin
Martin Vetter - www.vettermagic.com
Creator of: MIND MONTE, IMPROMPTU MASTERY, PALM VISION, GEMSTONE GENESIS & STRAIGHT ON
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Just used this last night to lots of fellow magicians, and it killed.

they had no clue!

go figure.

visit

http://www.vettermagic.com for more info

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
Does it has demonstration ?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
No it doesn't.

but if you want I can show you a demonstration over skype, or just explain the jist of the routine.

please let me know if you are interested

thanks

alex
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
Hi alex

Yes I am interesting in demostation
I had send the pm to you

Thank you

Jonathan
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

You can now get Mind Monte @ 20% off.

Please visit

http://www.vettermagic.com

Thanks

Alex
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
625 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
I'm not a fan of this effect. The selection process and mixing are inorganically restricted and contrived. If you are interested in this plot, why not just peek a spectator's selection, have him remove that card plus two others, and then mix them freely? Or to be able to detect the selection from the backs, just use m****d cards? These would provide far cleaner versions.

Aren't there already enough effects out there employing contrived procedures?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
John,

Sorry you feel this way.

Cant please everyone.

Like anything released, some people will love it, some will hate it!

Thanks for your honest feedback

Alex
MagicMaddy
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of MagicMaddy
Holy cow! This is absolutely amazing! It's SO fair and SO clean. I think John must not have read the entire PDF because the spectator can mix the cards as much as they want. There is nothing contrived about that at all. This is SUCH an amazing principle, like everyone else, I had to go back and re read the method to try to understand how it works. Not because it's confusing, just because it seems impossible. I am still a little confused on how this works, that being said I WILL be using this and I am very glad I purchased this.

I also bought "Straight On" from Vetter magic which is just as clever! This trick has me completely stumped as well. I have no clue how it works. I understand a few of the principles but one of them I just cannot wrap my head around how its possible.

Great Job Martin And Alex on Mind Monte and great job Martin on Straight On!
magikeren
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magikeren
Quote:
On 2012-07-05 14:13, MagicMaddy wrote:
Holy cow! This is absolutely amazing! It's SO fair and SO clean. I think John must not have read the entire PDF because the spectator can mix the cards as much as they want. There is nothing contrived about that at all. This is SUCH an amazing principle, like everyone else, I had to go back and re read the method to try to understand how it works. Not because it's confusing, just because it seems impossible. I am still a little confused on how this works, that being said I WILL be using this and I am very glad I purchased this.

I also bought "Straight On" from Vetter magic which is just as clever! This trick has me completely stumped as well. I have no clue how it works. I understand a few of the principles but one of them I just cannot wrap my head around how its possible.

Great Job Martin And Alex on Mind Monte and great job Martin on Straight On!
'

Hey,
Thank you so much for the kind words. Wish everyone a good summer (even though the weather here in Denmark could need a little help) Smile

-Martin
Creator of: MIND MONTE, IMPROMPTU MASTERY, PALM VISION, GEMSTONE GENESIS & STRAIGHT ON
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Just performed Mind Monte on a TV appearance, and the reactions were stupendous!

I always get lots of mileage from this.

Hope you all are working it.

Thanks

Alex
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Martin and Alex

Overall you are receving a lot of praise for your effect but I feel it is a little unfair .

Let me put a few points to you both .

You state that you have taken the basis mathematical premise and moved it on significantly. This is not true .
If you had carried out proper due diligence before releasing the effect , you would have known about "Mind Monte" by Bod Hummer

The exact same method was published before your effect by David Lees in a Peter Duffie Ebook called Miraculous Minds . A borrowed shuffled deck , spectator chooses 3 cards , cards are mixed and you know the exact postion of the thought of card .
In comparsion his handling of the principle is more advanced than your own .

The effect can also be found in one of the card college light volumes with a differenct premise but again with an additional advancement that all the mixing is done with the performers back turned away not jsut half

Is the advancement in your scripting of the effect ? It is not clear from the advert that the perfect outcome only occurs 33% of the time . The other 66% of the time you have to contradict your own premise . In addition if you are going to use a monte based premise , anyone who knows the game understands you only turn 1 card over , if you don't find it you lose . Never seen the game where most of the time you must turn the other cards over as well to determine the chosen card .

Happy that people like the effect but they should know the history behind it .

The crediting in the ebook is very poor , which explains why a great deal .

Andy
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
588 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
At last, a voice of reason. I purchased this and then wrote back to the author pointing out that it didn't move an existing effect on at all in my opinion......it is mind monte after all. didn't want to post because I didn't want to disparage somebodies work. Good effort but due diligence not been done. The effect is in Greater Magic....
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2396 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Andy/CaptainSmiffy,

Thanks for the clarification.

Though this was discovered independently, I am glad that the right sources for the material where located.

After having developed the premise for Mind Monte, I saw something similar, yet different, on the IMS videos, where no crediting was done.

I will talk to Martin about this issue. Email being sent now.

Thanks for the heads up once again.

Alex
magikeren
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magikeren
Hi guys,

I was sent the copy of Duffies ebook and has just read through it. The two effects are similar. I was not aware of the release until it was brought to my attention. 'Mind Monte' has been removed from Vetter Magic. It's a prime concern of mine to deliver original material. The effect was created independently and we have tried our best to give credits of the work we were aware of. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. And by the way, check out Duffies work. It's great. Smile

Kind Regards,

Martin Vetter
VetterMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 'Mind Monte' by Alex Hinojosa & Martin Vetter (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL