The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Lota Bowl Shaped as a Gold Chalice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Javier the Concierge
View Profile
New user
Austin, Texas
1 Post

Profile of Javier the Concierge
Greeting fellow Magi!

First of all best wishes and a speedy recovery to Roy Horn. You are in our prayers here in Austin, Texas.

I am looking for a lota bowl that looks like an old weathered gold chalice. I have a great story for an effect I am developing. The only thing I need is the golden chalice that works on the lota bowl principle. Can anyone out there help me out??

Javier
Spider
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Spider
You can make your own. Get a sloping sides plastic cup, such as a Solo cup, and cup down the top to fit the interior of your chalice as an insert. Drill a small hole in the center of the bottom of the insert.

Use silicone caulk to level the bottom of your chalice interior so that there is very little space between the bottom of the Solo insert and the bottom of the chalice. Drill a small hole in the exterior of the cup near the top of one side.

Use waterproof glue or more silicone caulk to affix the insert to the inside of the chalice, especially around the top. The slope of the interior and exterior walls should differ so that there is significant fluid space between the walls. Let all dry overnight.

Finish the interior of the insert to match the chalice, using Rub'n'Buff or one of those new metallic spray paints that look so good. Use a dry brush technique and brown, black or dark green paint to add imperfections for realism. Let all dry throroughly.

Fill by dunking in the liquid until all bubbling stops. Stop up the exterior hole with a bit of magician's wax. Then, if the routine requires it, fill the chalice for looks. In performance, drink or pour off the liquid, patter or continue the routine until the chalice refills.

Let us know how it turns out!

Jon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Lota Bowl Shaped as a Gold Chalice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL